Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Trifecta tune, flashing to stock

Is it possible to use ezflash and put my car back to stock? I want to put it back where it was and see how the transmission shifts since it seems to labor a lot and I want to know if it's due to the shift point adjustment in the tune. Any tips would be great. Thanks.

Ben
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
spyderbuddy

Drives: v6 rs inferno orange/inferno orange
That kinda sound like the problem I was having.

I just went and flashed the trans back to stock. on the tune it allows you a choice to flash engine an trans or just trans.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252652

Heritage Grill, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, Led Lighting, MBRP Exhaust tips, CNC Trottle Body, Trifecta Tune, Vararam Intake/Green Filter, Chevorlet door Sills, Trunk Black out and RX Catch Can/Breather Kit
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
So I redid the tune and only did the engine portion and it feels to me like the shifting is much better than it was with the tune. I just have two questions:

When I went through the tune, I never got to the part where I click the "enable transparency" option. I did it twice and never got it. Is this just if you're tuning the transmission?

If I only download the engine portion of the tune, do I lose any of the benefits of getting a tune in the first place?

Thanks for the help!

Ben
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #4
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
Yeah mine didn't give me the option of transparency mode
Old 10-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
BNRacing

Drives: 2010 Cobalt SS, 1972 Nova
Every once in a while you may need to clear the TCM adaptives to make it shift firm again. And the ECM does not have a flash counter, only the TCM does. So transparency mode is not needed/used for ECM only flashing.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote