Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Tuning question

So like many others I have had the itch to do mods on my car but cant because of my gm warranty. My understanding of how it works is if i get a tune I automatically void the powertrain warranty. And its completely understandable why that would be voided. But the bumper to bumper warranty is still intact correct? For example if my windows stop working or something along those lines.

Now if I'm not mistaken some superchargers come with warranties that can replace your powertrain warranty. Not sure how true that is but I really do think i remember hearing something like that. My question is are there any Tunes that come with warranties by any chance? I know its a long shot but LT Headers and such are sooooooo alluring.

*Edit*
I also remembering seeing someone that posted a website here that is able to place a warranty on your car no matter what mods are on it. Wish i remember what the site was and the pricing of the warranty
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yes, some packages come with a warranty for the engine. I believe the SLP package comes with it. I think the catch might be that the dealer might have to install the supercharger and tune.

You can really look up "aftermarket warranty" on google and you'll find a lot of companies that do it.

The bumper to bumper would be intact. If it isn't related to the powertrain and it goes bad, they SHOULD warranty it. But that depends on the dealer

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
I think the Edelbrock Supercharger is also available with a warranty of some kind. Not too sure about "aftermarket" warranties to cover all your mods, I'm sure that would be crazy expensive.
QA1 DA Front Coilovers, Strange Engineering DA Rear Coilovers, Mike Norris Catch-Can, V-Max CNC PTB, Aeromotive Fuel Rails.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
I believe your right, the Edelbrock does offer a warranty

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I'll bet this forum could answer your question:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73

But to my knowledge, the powertrain warranty and bumper-to-bumper warranty are more-or-less completely separate warranties. If you void the powertrain warranty by tuning the engine and your seat heaters go out, they're still covered.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
But no, I've never heard of ANY "Tune" program offering any kind of warranty coverage. There are just too many variables that could have a positive or negative effect....mainly the person creating the tune profile.
QA1 DA Front Coilovers, Strange Engineering DA Rear Coilovers, Mike Norris Catch-Can, V-Max CNC PTB, Aeromotive Fuel Rails.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote