Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 01:20 PM   #51
Rideskinz

 
Rideskinz's Avatar
 
Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 711
Its possible. What sort of edges were you thinking?
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #52
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,344
I didn't have an idea was just thinking that maybe if you do that you can make different pieces and people can customize their own, to stand out from the crowd
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #53
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,344
Just changing the end pieces would change the whole look of the wing, to conform more to each persons preference and also possibly application if that's possible
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:20 PM   #54
Rideskinz

 
Rideskinz's Avatar
 
Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
Just changing the end pieces would change the whole look of the wing, to conform more to each persons preference and also possibly application if that's possible

Making separate molds would cost a lot for each end piece, plus the R&D on how the end pieces attach securely so they don't fall off would take some time and effort to perfect.
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #55
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Making separate molds would cost a lot for each end piece, plus the R&D on how the end pieces attach securely so they don't fall off would take some time and effort to perfect.
I understand 100% up to you if your gunna explore this option, was just throwing my suggestion into the box

I'm sure it won't be easy but would be an popular wing if it is that customizable
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:52 AM   #56
MyKuLLSKI
 
Drives: 2012 Yellow Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 141
How high are you looking to go? I would like to fit more than my hand underneath it to dry it after a car wash. ~6in
MyKuLLSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #57
Rideskinz

 
Rideskinz's Avatar
 
Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKuLLSKI View Post
How high are you looking to go? I would like to fit more than my hand underneath it to dry it after a car wash. ~6in
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Enough to fit your hand under the wing. It'll probably be about the same as the Firebreather, maybe a little less. I'll have to see how high it is once we get it in our hands
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #58
Dtrimpi87
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Enough to fit your hand under the wing. It'll probably be about the same as the Firebreather, maybe a little less. I'll have to see how high it is once we get it in our hands
Well hurry up!
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #59
Rideskinz

 
Rideskinz's Avatar
 
Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Well hurry up!
Waiting for the Firebreather to get shipped here
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #60
Rideskinz

 
Rideskinz's Avatar
 
Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 711
We're looking for a local (SoCal) Camaro with a stock trunk lid to do prototyping. We'll need the car for approximately 5 days to do test fitting of the wing. The car will be returned in the same condition is was received. In return for letting us use your car, you'll receive a 50% discount on the new wing once it goes into production. PM if interested...Thanks!
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #61
HP_atTheWheels
 
HP_atTheWheels's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 2SS/RS Custom
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 224
The pictures look awesome. I think being able to get your hand under it for detailing would be perfect height. Plus being able to use the factory holes on my SS means money saved for another mod.
HP_atTheWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #62
Dtrimpi87
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
We're looking for a local (SoCal) Camaro with a stock trunk lid to do prototyping. We'll need the car for approximately 5 days to do test fitting of the wing. The car will be returned in the same condition is was received. In return for letting us use your car, you'll receive a 50% discount on the new wing once it goes into production. PM if interested...Thanks!
Where at in so cal? And by stock trunk lid do you mean without the factory spoiler? Or just the factory trunk lid and no after market?
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #63
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,344
I think I see the ball starting to roll
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:02 PM   #64
Rhyder


 
Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 2,501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Waiting for the Firebreather to get shipped here
After your done with the firebreather, let me know, I can probably take it off your hands so it doesnt just sit around cluttering up your shop....Im just that nice of a guy...




on a serious note, if you plan on reselling it after you are done let me know.....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:28 PM   #65
Rideskinz

 
Rideskinz's Avatar
 
Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_atTheWheels View Post
The pictures look awesome. I think being able to get your hand under it for detailing would be perfect height. Plus being able to use the factory holes on my SS means money saved for another mod.
Thanks! Yeah, I'll definitely be making it "hand width height" haha... Plus it will be considerably lighter than the Firebreather. That thing weighs in at 15 pounds! The Aggressor trunk spoiler only weighs 4-5 pounds and its also fiberglass. I'm thinking the new wing design will weigh around 7 pounds (fiberglass) and the carbon fiber version will be around 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Where at in so cal? And by stock trunk lid do you mean without the factory spoiler? Or just the factory trunk lid and no after market?
Check your PM...stock trunk lid, preferably without the spoiler, but I can also remove it. Basically I need to mount the new wing and make sure the holes in the trunk line up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
I think I see the ball starting to roll
Yup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
After your done with the firebreather, let me know, I can probably take it off your hands so it doesnt just sit around cluttering up your shop....Im just that nice of a guy...

on a serious note, if you plan on reselling it after you are done let me know.....
I've had so many people ask me the same thing...haha Its actually not my spoiler to sell, it belongs to one of the members of this forum. I'm just borrowing it for a bit for R&D
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #66
Rhyder


 
Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: atlanta
Posts: 2,501
well ive got my yearly pot for mods to spend and im deciding on what to get as its not limitless.....Ill be holding off till you get this ramped up though....looking forward to it..
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #67
MGD
 
MGD's Avatar
 
Drives: My Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NoHo
Posts: 323
Can we somehow combine those 2 threats of Firebreather fever into 1. Just thinking..
__________________
MGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #68
sam.u.el
 
sam.u.el's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally Yellow w/ blk
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 336
when its all finished and ready to produce, you can put me down as #1 for a Carbon Fiber Version

Do you have any idea or ballpark gestimate on how much both spoilers will cost by any chance?
sam.u.el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #69
Rideskinz

 
Rideskinz's Avatar
 
Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
well ive got my yearly pot for mods to spend and im deciding on what to get as its not limitless.....Ill be holding off till you get this ramped up though....looking forward to it..
Sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD View Post
Can we somehow combine those 2 threats of Firebreather fever into 1. Just thinking..
I'll post a link in the other thread to this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam.u.el View Post
when its all finished and ready to produce, you can put me down as #1 for a Carbon Fiber Version

Do you have any idea or ballpark gestimate on how much both spoilers will cost by any chance?
Will do PM me for an estimate on pricing
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #70
MikeMoach

 
MikeMoach's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 1,344
Any note worthy updates?
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:34 PM   #71
Rideskinz

 
Rideskinz's Avatar
 
Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
Any note worthy updates?
Firebreather got shipped yesterday. Almost done with the changes to the Aggressor spoiler (widening) I'll post pics of that once I get a Camaro in the shop
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #72
billd579
 
billd579's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Huntsville, Al
Posts: 388
Add me to the roof spoiler
billd579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #73
Rideskinz

 
Rideskinz's Avatar
 
Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by billd579 View Post
Add me to the roof spoiler
got it
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #74
Rideskinz

 
Rideskinz's Avatar
 
Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: So Cal
Posts: 711
Just started a new list on page 1 for those who are interested in the new low profile wing. If you are interested in any of the spoilers or low profile wing, let me know and I'll put you on the list. This will give us a better idea of who is on board once the group buy sale starts. Thanks!
Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #75
gbmike
 
gbmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 3rd 5th Gen: 2014 1SS/1LE
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenixville, PA
Posts: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
Just started a new list on page 1 for those who are interested in the new low profile wing. If you are interested in any of the spoilers or low profile wing, let me know and I'll put you on the list. This will give us a better idea of who is on board once the group buy sale starts. Thanks!
definitely interested! ... in the low wing
gbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
dovetail spoiler, roof, spoiler, trunk, wing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.