Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2012, 07:41 AM   #29
Matt @ RX
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
Very nice! Why a Paxton headunit instead of the V3?
We'll be making a formal announcement on that. Its the same exact unit as a Vortech v3 si-trim. Vortech = Paxton. Just gets a tag paxton or vortech when its sent out. I have worked with Paxton/Vortech for years doing a lot of product development especially with East Coast... I personally run a v7 2200 unit myself. Like I said its a basic name change and we figured why not use one of the oldest names in motorsports for our kit!

Just to give you a correlative run down:

v2/v7 are oil fed units
v3 is self contained unit.

Novi 1200 = Vortech Si Trim
Novi 1500 = Vortech T-Trim
Novi 2200 = Vortech Jt-Trim

Novi 2000/2500 are on their own
Vortech YSi is also on its own
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:19 PM   #30
J-Rod6410
M6 10 second club
 
J-Rod6410's Avatar
 
Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Crackin Azz on a hi-way near you
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ RX View Post
We'll be making a formal announcement on that. Its the same exact unit as a Vortech v3 si-trim. Vortech = Paxton. Just gets a tag paxton or vortech when its sent out. I have worked with Paxton/Vortech for years doing a lot of product development especially with East Coast... I personally run a v7 2200 unit myself. Like I said its a basic name change and we figured why not use one of the oldest names in motorsports for our kit!

Just to give you a correlative run down:

v2/v7 are oil fed units
v3 is self contained unit.

Novi 1200 = Vortech Si Trim
Novi 1500 = Vortech T-Trim
Novi 2200 = Vortech Jt-Trim

Novi 2000/2500 are on their own
Vortech YSi is also on its own
I had an idea they were the same or very similar. So I imagine fitment will not be an issue either way. I plan on the ECS kit myself with the Novi 1500 by the end of the year
__________________
TEAM LS3 Best pass: 10.49 @ 135 with M6

730RWHP 650RWTQ ECS S/C stock bottom end, 4L80, 9"
Built by: J-Rod.... Tuned by: Matt Sorian @ FSP (floridaspeedandpower.com)
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
J-Rod6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #31
Matt @ RX
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrrod6410 View Post
I had an idea they were the same or very similar. So I imagine fitment will not be an issue either way. I plan on the ECS kit myself with the Novi 1500 by the end of the year
Yes, they are the same and the same fitment.

Cool.. Let me know whenever you are ready we'll take care of you on pricing for the ECS kit.

I am partial to the ECS/Paxton kit running a Novi 2200 this year myself. Last year we went 9.87 with the Novi 1500 on a stock motor!

- Matt
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #32
J-Rod6410
M6 10 second club
 
J-Rod6410's Avatar
 
Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Crackin Azz on a hi-way near you
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ RX View Post
Yes, they are the same and the same fitment.

Cool.. Let me know whenever you are ready we'll take care of you on pricing for the ECS kit.

I am partial to the ECS/Paxton kit running a Novi 2200 this year myself. Last year we went 9.87 with the Novi 1500 on a stock motor!

- Matt


I will def give you guys a call about it and see what we can work out. I've already talked to Lethal about it but I will give you a chance to give me a deal on it!

On this V6 kit, is it self contained oil or do you have to run engine oil lines to it?

Thanks!
__________________
TEAM LS3 Best pass: 10.49 @ 135 with M6

730RWHP 650RWTQ ECS S/C stock bottom end, 4L80, 9"
Built by: J-Rod.... Tuned by: Matt Sorian @ FSP (floridaspeedandpower.com)
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
J-Rod6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #33
Matt @ RX
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Self-contained on the V6 kit.. V3 head unit.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #34
J-Rod6410
M6 10 second club
 
J-Rod6410's Avatar
 
Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Crackin Azz on a hi-way near you
Posts: 1,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ RX View Post
Self-contained on the V6 kit.. V3 head unit.
Sweet! Thanks for the info
__________________
TEAM LS3 Best pass: 10.49 @ 135 with M6

730RWHP 650RWTQ ECS S/C stock bottom end, 4L80, 9"
Built by: J-Rod.... Tuned by: Matt Sorian @ FSP (floridaspeedandpower.com)
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
J-Rod6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #35
KMAGRIZZ
 
KMAGRIZZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 A6 RX Supercharged LFX
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orange, Texas
Posts: 338
UPDATE: I received my RX supercharger kit in the mail today. Dropping my car off with Jaime Saturday morning for the install to begin!!

Ill have pictures tomorrow when I return from out of town
KMAGRIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #36
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: League City, TX
Posts: 6,070
woot!
__________________
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #37
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,229
I can't wait to tear up I mean work on your car!
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:25 AM   #38
KMAGRIZZ
 
KMAGRIZZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 A6 RX Supercharged LFX
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orange, Texas
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by V6owner View Post
I can't wait to tear up I mean work on your car!
Haha
KMAGRIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #39
J-Rod6410
M6 10 second club
 
J-Rod6410's Avatar
 
Drives: A 4000 Lb BeaSSt
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Crackin Azz on a hi-way near you
Posts: 1,055
Awesome news! And yeah we gotta keep Alex away from your car before he tries to take some of your new shiny parts
__________________
TEAM LS3 Best pass: 10.49 @ 135 with M6

730RWHP 650RWTQ ECS S/C stock bottom end, 4L80, 9"
Built by: J-Rod.... Tuned by: Matt Sorian @ FSP (floridaspeedandpower.com)
Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/6410Jrod
Follow me on Instagram: @J_Rod6410
J-Rod6410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #40
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,229
I wouldn't do that! But if his wheels end up missing I swear I have nothing go do with it
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #41
KMAGRIZZ
 
KMAGRIZZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 A6 RX Supercharged LFX
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orange, Texas
Posts: 338
I've got wheel locks lol
KMAGRIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #42
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop
 
V6owner's Avatar
 
Drives: One Badass 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rosenberg, TX
Posts: 2,229
Ummm....... Nvm
__________________
2014 Black 2SS/RS 1LE
V6owner is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
rx performance, supercharger

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.