Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Need a good Hose (no pun)?

Tired of you kinked hose? Flat rate shipping too...

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-810-a...ree-bonus.aspx

http://www.adamsforums.com/forums/wa...-bar/20031.htm
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Or you can go to Home Depot and get a 50' for $30.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
...but this one's made in Amurrica (the way it's pronounced by people who don't understand international economics) by hand instead of overseas by a robot that's precise to .0001 inch.

Lol, I'm kidding of course. Buy whatever makes you happy. I'm sure it's a terrific hose.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:01 PM   #4
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
The one at home depot is going to be 5/8 instead of 3/4, the lower grade hose, doesn't have the swivtec fittings, and isn't backed with a lifetime guarantee.

To a lot of people things like this matter. I don't need to buy tools from my snap on rep, I could go buy crap wrenches at Lowes for a fraction of the price, its the quality and service I get along with the purchase that I'm interested in.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #5
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
The one at home depot is going to be 5/8 instead of 3/4, the lower grade hose, doesn't have the swivtec fittings, and isn't backed with a lifetime guarantee.
Did you get those reversed? Both of your sites there show yours is 3/4.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...4#.UG3DX03oSTM

Made in USA, to boot. But the warranty in itself justifies the price difference, IMO. For something like a hose, I'd definitely like a lifetime warranty.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Sorry... fixed (typing and talking on the phone), and I was referencing the black $30 gy hose at HD... which is 5/8", 1/8" smaller than the one we're using.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #7
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Sorry... fixed (typing and talking on the phone), and I was referencing the black $30 gy hose at HD... which is 5/8", 1/8" smaller than the one we're using.
No I agree. I posted that one for reference only to say that for a comparable hose, the lifetime warranty far exceeds the price difference, Imo. I may look into getting some of these.

How's the stiffness, for lack of better term. What I mean by that is how easy are they to coil when done? Some hoses can be really disagreeable.

*In life, there are no nandroids*
Old 10-04-2012, 02:32 PM   #8
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:

To a lot of people things like this matter. I don't need to buy tools from my snap on rep, I could go buy crap wrenches at Lowes for a fraction of the price, its the quality and service I get along with the purchase that I'm interested in.

The 5/8" diameter hose will produce greater pressure. So why waste $60 on a tick more water volume?

As for warranty.... You can walk into any HD and exchange the hose for a new one for ever. No hassel if trying to send it back to Adams.

So for $90 it better come with a few guys to wash my vehicles!!

I'm all for pissing money away but this doesn't make any sense.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #9
CamaroDreams07

I didn't realize home depot did that. Interesting.

Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #10
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
How's the stiffness, for lack of better term. What I mean by that is how easy are they to coil when done? Some hoses can be really disagreeable.
Fresh out of the box, just from being coiled and bound they're a little stiff. After a few uses they loosen up real nice. I've had mine for awhile now and it coils nice after each use, but straightens out easily when I use it.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:42 PM   #11
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
No I agree. I posted that one for reference only to say that for a comparable hose, the lifetime warranty far exceeds the price difference, Imo. I may look into getting some of these.

All the Goodyear hoses are a little tough to coil. Especially in the colder weather. It's just a bi-product of being a thick, good quality rubber. When its hot they are fine.

You give up some flexibility to gain the no kink aspect.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #12
Stex

Just trying to get the word out and the price checkers show up. Come on man...

As to the price, just checked sears for the goodyear hoses that I bought years ago and they are $100 plus and not 3/4" and no special fittings.

This hose has a special brass fitting that turns easily thus rolling out the kinks if you pull the hose out of the coil by the nozzle. I know my sears goodyears kink a little but easy to undo and with the special no kink fittings on this Adams model it should be great.

Heck, with the gty, life long hose, $8,00 flat rate shipping and free Adams 36 oz car soap, I'm in before the cut.

One can fight a cheap hose, but as often as I wash cars, I am giving this a try. You do know about the 110% satifaction gty...

Really, if you do not like the price (to high) you have not ever bought a quality hose. Lets see 35m for a car and save on the hose...
Old 10-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #13
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stex View Post

As to the price, just checked sears for the goodyear hoses that I bought years ago and they are $100 plus and not 3/4" and no special fittings.

This hose has a special brass fitting that turns easily thus rolling out the kinks if you pull the hose out of the coil by the nozzle. I know my sears goodyears kink a little but easy to undo and with the special no kink fittings on this Adams model it should be great.

Heck, with the gty, life long hose, $8,00 flat rate shipping and free Adams 36 oz car soap, I'm in before the cut.

One can fight a cheap hose, but as often as I wash cars, I am giving this a try. You do know about the 110% satifaction gty...

Really, if you do not like the price (to high) you have not ever bought a quality hose. Lets see 35m for a car and save on the hose...
I agree with you. Like I said, the warranty makes it worth it IMO.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #14
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:

Who's got a $35k car?

Last edited by Supercharged SS; 10-04-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #15
Stex

^ SCSS: it reads 35m, that is 35,000 in money speak...sorry if some did not know that
Old 10-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #16
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
^ SCSS: it reads 35m, that is 35,000 in money speak...sorry if some did not know that

Sorry, I thought I had a K in there. My bad. I knew what you meant. Hell, $35 will buy almost 3 gallons of gas for my car.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:24 PM   #17
Camarowguy

Drives: 2011 imperial blue SS, black 92 RS
I'll fight the kinks and spend $90 on something else. Lol. J/k.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:28 PM   #18
buzzy56
buzzy56

Drives: 2ss summit white L99
I agree

I purchased the blue Goodyear air hose a few years ago.Coils nice & is really high quality.So I imagine the quality is going to be the same.Most often you get what you pay for.Quality cost and if you end up paying less and have to replace it twice or three times as often you are better off spending a little more in the first place.Of course this is always dependent on amount of usage.Heck the best quality no kink hose with crush proof brass fittings that I purchased two years ago for me and my son cost $60.00 each.Work great, but stinky when used and foams the water at first usage each time.So not to far out of line price wise.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:50 AM   #19
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarowguy View Post
I'll fight the kinks and spend $90 on something else. Lol. J/k.
Have to agree here. 90 dollars is a LOT to spend on a hose. Especially for people like me who only use the hose to direct the water to the pressure washer lol

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #20
horrido

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
Best longest lasting hoses out there are the black rubber Craftsman.
horrido is offline   Reply With Quote