Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
kniffin3
 
kniffin3's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 90
Plasti diped cars that i have done

not sure where to post this, or even how but just wanted to share some of the cars i have done. next cars/suv im doing are 2 chevy cruzes and a range rover sport supercharged

IMG_2002 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_2006 by ckniffin3, on Flickr


IMG_2005 by ckniffin3, on Flickr
IMG_2004 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_0795 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_2082 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_2081 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_2090 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_2088 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_2087 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_2086 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_1725 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_1724 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_1723 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_1722 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_1721 by ckniffin3, on Flickr


jj by ckniffin3, on Flickr

IMG_2108 by ckniffin3, on Flickr

photo by ckniffin3, on Flickr

Last edited by kniffin3; 10-04-2012 at 01:22 PM.
kniffin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #2
KKreme15

 
KKreme15's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dayton, MD
Posts: 1,636
My roommate recently developed an obsession with plastidip. It's an amazing tool, thinking about plastidipping some fender hashmarks on my Z
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
kniffin3
 
kniffin3's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
My roommate recently developed an obsession with plastidip. It's an amazing tool, thinking about plastidipping some fender hashmarks on my Z
yea it really is, i like it becuase it allows you to keep the OG finish of the wheels that GM charges so much for
kniffin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:22 PM   #4
Zorns
 
Zorns's Avatar
 
Drives: ?
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 137
Does it peel, bubble? Is it affected by heat? I've never used the stuff, but several people on this site really seem to be in to it and are using it all many of their components. The pics always look pretty good. I just haven't heard anyone comment much on its durability.
Zorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

 
Jason@JacFab's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 4,616
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I thought you meant the WHOLE car... :(
__________________

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2016 Camaro 1LT RS; NGM; 2.0T A8. 14.022 @ 96.36mph bone stock
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #6
kniffin3
 
kniffin3's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 90
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I thought you meant the WHOLE car... :(
that my next job, i tried doing my hood, but just couldnt get an even looking spray.. not tall enough to reach it lol..but im starting to get better so we will see what the future holds
kniffin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
kniffin3
 
kniffin3's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorns View Post
Does it peel, bubble? Is it affected by heat? I've never used the stuff, but several people on this site really seem to be in to it and are using it all many of their components. The pics always look pretty good. I just haven't heard anyone comment much on its durability.
it is very durable, some poeple have had it on there wheels for over 2 years and no problems. once it full cures its not gonna mess up unless you try to take it off. i havent noticed any problems. anytime you do see a problem you can always just add a little touch up and good as new. as for heat, it sat out in 110 degree weather all day and no problem at all
kniffin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
Jason@JacFab
www.jacfab.com

 
Jason@JacFab's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 4,616
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniffin3 View Post
that my next job, i tried doing my hood, but just couldnt get an even looking spray.. not tall enough to reach it lol..but im starting to get better so we will see what the future holds
I'm seriously considering buying a whole car kit from dipyourcar.com

If you do a whole car, be sure to post it! I've been waiting for someone to do it.
__________________

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2016 Camaro 1LT RS; NGM; 2.0T A8. 14.022 @ 96.36mph bone stock
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
kniffin3
 
kniffin3's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I'm seriously considering buying a whole car kit from dipyourcar.com

If you do a whole car, be sure to post it! I've been waiting for someone to do it.
will do... im pretty sure someone did it in the matte black dip on here
kniffin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:10 PM   #10
mako22
 
mako22's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 519
nice work - did you use glossifier on those wheels?
__________________
mako22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #11
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur
 
Dznts's Avatar
 
Drives: Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3-2011 Tahoe
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 22,013
looks good
__________________
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #12
kniffin3
 
kniffin3's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by mako22 View Post
nice work - did you use glossifier on those wheels?
nope just sprayed close and did 5 coats
kniffin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #13
vam5555
 
Drives: Soon:2017 2SS 6M GRT, was 2012 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NoVA
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
I'm seriously considering buying a whole car kit from dipyourcar.com

If you do a whole car, be sure to post it! I've been waiting for someone to do it.

I did my whole car, but wasn't thrilled with how it came out and peeled it off a few weeks later.

As for dipyourcar, . ordered from them, they were apparently backordered, but didn't bother to let anyone know that (despite already charging my CC.)

When I called to ask when it would ship, they said they didn't know.

Told them to cancel the order. Told me it was cancelled. Never saw the refund. Had to call them daily for a week or so to get them to actually process the refund.

Wound up buying my stuff through "awarehousefull.com" and then ordered the wagner sprayer through amazon.

Maybe they've gotten better (dipyourcar.com, that is) but this was only back in july.

Plasti dip is great, dipyourcar not so much (in my opinion).

I'm reminded looking at that picture. If you do the whole car, tape things up better than I did. I eventually debadged the rear, but the original plan had been to leave the SS logo and the gold in the bowtie.
Attached Images
 
vam5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #14
kniffin3
 
kniffin3's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by vam5555 View Post
I did my whole car, but wasn't thrilled with how it came out and peeled it off a few weeks later.

As for dipyourcar, . ordered from them, they were apparently backordered, but didn't bother to let anyone know that (despite already charging my CC.)

When I called to ask when it would ship, they said they didn't know.

Told them to cancel the order. Told me it was cancelled. Never saw the refund. Had to call them daily for a week or so to get them to actually process the refund.

Wound up buying my stuff through "awarehousefull.com" and then ordered the wagner sprayer through amazon.

Maybe they've gotten better (dipyourcar.com, that is) but this was only back in july.

Plasti dip is great, dipyourcar not so much (in my opinion).

I'm reminded looking at that picture. If you do the whole car, tape things up better than I did. I eventually debadged the rear, but the original plan had been to leave the SS logo and the gold in the bowtie.

just curious what was it that you didnt like about it that made you peel it off
kniffin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
paint, plasti dip, plasti dip mod, plastidip, wheel

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.