Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
s/c ss
 
s/c ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsbugh,PA
Posts: 585
QUESTIONS:

I'm in the market for a 2013 and I have a few questions.
I plan on ordering this car most likely because I DO NOT WANT the micro-fiber cloth insert. So my first question is: Is that even possible to order the car that way? Question 2: If I can order it withouth the micro-fiber, will the center sections just be leather like the rest of the seat? Lastly, if I order the carbon fiber hood, it's just the insert without the fancy carbon fiber weave thingy on it right?
__________________
s/c ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
1) you get either mircro-fiber or suede, pretty sure those are your only options.

2) The only thing that comes carbon fiber is the hood insert (has the vents). It comes in carbon fiber (fancy weave thingy) or matte black.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
DangerZL1

 
Drives: Accord
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Memphis, TN Area
Posts: 1,910
It isn't possible to order a ZL1 without the microfiber seat inserts. The interior is almost standard except for the suede steering wheel and shifter cover option. The microfiber is holding up great in my car and is much cooler than leather. I also have the black painted insert in my hood. For 2013 it is now painted gray. You can't tell it's carbon fiber by just looking at it.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
KKreme15

 
KKreme15's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dayton, MD
Posts: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
I'm in the market for a 2013 and I have a few questions.
I plan on ordering this car most likely because I DO NOT WANT the micro-fiber cloth insert. So my first question is: Is that even possible to order the car that way? Question 2: If I can order it withouth the micro-fiber, will the center sections just be leather like the rest of the seat? Lastly, if I order the carbon fiber hood, it's just the insert without the fancy carbon fiber weave thingy on it right?
All hood inserts are carbon fiber. Some have the weave painted over, others have the weave exposed. The carbon fiber is there no matter what
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
s/c ss
 
s/c ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsbugh,PA
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
All hood inserts are carbon fiber. Some have the weave painted over, others have the weave exposed. The carbon fiber is there no matter what
Are you certain all inserts are carbon fiber? I see an option to choose on the gm website.
If I want just the painted metallic insert with no weave, is there a choice for that?
__________________
s/c ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
....2013's can be ordered with an exposed carbon fiber insert or grey painted one.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
s/c ss
 
s/c ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsbugh,PA
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
1) you get either mircro-fiber or suede, pretty sure those are your only options. Not trying to be agrumentative but I wonder if this is true because a dealer told me differently. This is why I ask.


2) The only thing that comes carbon fiber is the hood insert (has the vents). It comes in carbon fiber (fancy weave thingy) or matte black.
I'm not trying to be difficult here but the one I saw was not matte black. It was either a very dark gray metallic or black metallic like the 45th anniversary car. It was on a black 2013 car.
__________________
s/c ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
s/c ss
 
s/c ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsbugh,PA
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
....2013's can be ordered with an exposed carbon fiber insert or grey painted one.
Ok, cool. Now I'm getting somewhere. LOL. The one I saw was a really dark either gray or black but it was metallic like the 45th anniversary car.
__________________
s/c ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #9
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,851
...black painted CF hoods and stripes are discontinued, for 2013 they are done in grey.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
s/c ss
 
s/c ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsbugh,PA
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
It isn't possible to order a ZL1 without the microfiber seat inserts. The interior is almost standard except for the suede steering wheel and shifter cover option. The microfiber is holding up great in my car and is much cooler than leather. I also have the black painted insert in my hood. For 2013 it is now painted gray. You can't tell it's carbon fiber by just looking at it.
Cool. I honestly couldn't tell if the insert was gray as you've mentioned or black. If it was gray, it was very very dark plus it was a metallic paint vs a solid. Almost reminded me of the 45th anniversary car.
I'm still wondering about the seats though. A dealer has me a bit confused. He said I could order leather. Hmmmmmm.
__________________
s/c ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
s/c ss
 
s/c ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsbugh,PA
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...black painted CF hoods and stripes are discontinued, for 2013 they are done in grey.
Cool. Thanks man.
__________________
s/c ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:58 PM   #12
KKreme15

 
KKreme15's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dayton, MD
Posts: 1,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
Cool. Thanks man.
They are all carbon fiber though. The material is carbon fiber
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #13
s/c ss
 
s/c ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsbugh,PA
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
They are all carbon fiber though. The material is carbon fiber
Cool. Thanks.
__________________
s/c ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #14
Sajonf
 
Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Independence, MO
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
Cool. I honestly couldn't tell if the insert was gray as you've mentioned or black. If it was gray, it was very very dark plus it was a metallic paint vs a solid. Almost reminded me of the 45th anniversary car.
I'm still wondering about the seats though. A dealer has me a bit confused. He said I could order leather. Hmmmmmm.
2013s without exposed carbon fiber insert are painted Ashen Gray Metallic, the same color as when you order a car in AGM. So yes it is metallic. My 2012 is painted matte black.
Sajonf is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.