Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #15
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 2014 2ssrs,2013 zl1,67&69 allcoupes
Yellow zl1s are hard to come by, the closest one i found is in souix city iowa and its an auto. I think i will make them give me there first c7 vette allocation at msrp. That will eventually hurt them more.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #16
GearheadSS
Member #63

Drives: 1969 Chevelle SS
Sounds like a bad dealer.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
GearheadSS
Member #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinrancho View Post
Yellow zl1s are hard to come by, the closest one i found is in souix city iowa and its an auto. I think i will make them give me there first c7 vette allocation at msrp. That will eventually hurt them more.
Good luck with that. You can't make them give you anything when it comes to pricing on an upcoming car. All they have to tell you is no. I understand you're pissed but that dealer will probably tell you to pound sand if you go in and make that kind of demand. With the amount of dealers on here that can order a car for you and make sure that the car is prepped right, it might have saved you some headache just buying one from a dealer here and having it shipped to you.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #18
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

Drives: 14 Z/28, Challenger Hellcat, C7ZO6
I was worried about the bumper plate and called my dealer and they said they never never install front plates.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #19
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: The BUFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerss View Post
19 miles of abuse....Id reorder. Be there when it comes in. The car never needs to go more than 2 miles before delivery. Id bet there was more than 1 joy ride

I don't know about re-ordering, but I would sit down and think twice if I was buying a $50,000+ car.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #20
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
It sounds like you were clear about not drilling the front cover. I would ask them for a new cover. (Painted plugs would not fly for me.) On a positive side if that means a new cover that is painted to match you could ask for a thicker, tougher paint job on the front bump. On my SS is had a bunch of chips in the factory bumper. Long story short I had a new cover put on and the paint quality was a ton better. It had one chip in three years of DD.

I was at the dealership when my SS arrived and it had 12 miles on it so I would not worry about that. My ZL1 had 11. 19 does not seem out of the ordinary.

As for the spring spacers. They probably did not know about them. As few of these cars as the dealers are getting they most likely thought the prep is the same as a SS.

Good luck.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #21
GearheadSS
Member #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerss View Post
19 miles of abuse....Id reorder. Be there when it comes in. The car never needs to go more than 2 miles before delivery. Id bet there was more than 1 joy ride
Sometimes vehicles arrive at the dealership with more than 2 miles. In fact, most do. Cars being driven from the factory to the rail yard, then onto the train, then off of the train and parked at the rail yard, then loaded onto a truck.

I've seen cars come in with 30+ miles on them.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #22
parkerss

Drives: 2013 SS M-6
One word ......................GREED.................... I've had friends that sold cars. The stories they told were crazy! Seniors paying full price. Not telling customers about rebates to achive a bigger bonus,losing keys so customer just gives in. Once they sold a car,went to fill it up with gas and the lot tech hit a post with the passanger door and they sent the customer off,only for them to come back and hour later pissed as hell. I'm glad I LOVE my Camaro...cause some dealerships suck a$$.

Speeding is fun, Speeding with friends...PRICELESS!
parkerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #23
parkerss

Drives: 2013 SS M-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearheadSS View Post
Sometimes vehicles arrive at the dealership with more than 2 miles. In fact, most do. Cars being driven from the factory to the rail yard, then onto the train, then off of the train and parked at the rail yard, then loaded onto a truck.

I've seen cars come in with 30+ miles on them.
Really? WOW mine had less than 2 on it. I guess Ive just got lucky. If I buy a ZL1..I bet it wont have over two miles on her

Speeding is fun, Speeding with friends...PRICELESS!
parkerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #24
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
LoL.....19 miles seems like a lot of little joy rides.... I have bought a lot of cars over the past 22 years and have never had any over 5 or 6 miles on the odometer.... 19 miles is a lot of unaccounted for miles..... I would be a little concerned....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:14 PM   #25
ForensicDoc

Drives: 2015 Audi S8
Sorry to hear that man. When I placed my order I made it clear to the salesman that if they mount the front plate holder I will not take the car.

The dealer, IMHO, should at a minimum replace the front fascia and make sure it is perfectly color-matched. Maybe also throw in some free ZL1 stuff, hats, mugs, whatever, for free.
ForensicDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #26
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
Question to the OP. Does your state require a front plate? I bought my car in North Carolina and brought it back to Tennessee. I made sure they wouldn't install the front plate. They told me that N.C. didn't require front plates anyway. But they also said they never put the front plate brackets on the Vettes or Camaros.

If your state doesn't require a plate and they put it on just so they could put their dealer name on it I'd be pissed. But a decent body shop can fill those holes with urethane and paint it and you could never tell. I'd make them fix it that way, not the plugs.

Actually I talked ahead of delivery to my sales manager and made sure they didn't put any dealer decals or plaques on as well. A lot of dealers do that, so anyone awaiting delivery may want to ask that question also.

Last edited by ZO6 Bryan; 10-07-2012 at 09:10 PM.
ZO6 Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #27
13-ZL1

Drives: GM
the problem is alot of these dealers treat these cars as they were just a regular every day car. that is why IMO you have to stay on top of them though out the whole process.
13-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #28
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 2014 2ssrs,2013 zl1,67&69 allcoupes
gm connects

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13-ZL1 View Post
the problem is alot of these dealers treat these cars as they were just a regular every day car. that is why IMO you have to stay on top of them though out the whole process.
If gm connects actually worked and still didn't say the car was at 2030 I would have know to remind them, You would think once a month would be enough of a reminder. I guess not. The three states I drive the most in are all 2 plate states, saying that neither my 2010 Camaro which I got in October of 09 nor my 2011 Corvette Grand Sport have a front plate. Around here if your not driving like a Jack A$$ the man usually doesn't harrass you about trivial things like front plates. I went 18 months and 45000 miles without one on my last work truck. I only put one on the new truck as the bumper looked dumb without it. Thanks for the reads.