Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 10-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #26
parkerss

Drives: 2013 SS M-6
What is the "law" or wording when they try and hide things from you when you buy a vehicle??

Speeding is fun, Speeding with friends...PRICELESS!
parkerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #27
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
I took mine to goodyear to get the tire patched today and I was on them like a hawk. I made sure they knew the liftpoints and did a full inpsection of the rim and tire when they were done. I may have seemed overbearing but screw that this isnt my old beater.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #28
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAndroid View Post
Dude you have no idea how pissed i am. But i have to keep cool when i get there tomorrow morning. I have a Ray Lewis type of temper.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I never met Ray Lewis nor i know who he is , but tomorrow you should keep your cool and explain to the service manager WTHH ( what the heck happen ) , be very polite and try to make you point across , i also know that's easier said than done , but the alternative will get you no where . Patience can go a long way .
Old 10-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #29
stardok

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1657
Could be a knife fight, don't forget to take your gun!LOL Make "em fix it right. They don't want the rest of us showing up there!
stardok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #30
LordAndroid

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardok View Post
Could be a knife fight, don't forget to take your gun!LOL Make "em fix it right. They don't want the rest of us showing up there!
That would be awesome if a flock of ZL1's showed up

LordAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #31
LordAndroid

UPDATE: I went into the dealership this morning. And spoke with the Serv Dept Mangr. About the damage he came over to the car saw and conformed that the damages didnt come from a curb. So he took some digital stills and mentioned he would review the surveillance footage and where and how it happened. I just got off the phone with him and he said after viewing the footage he saw where the damage occured so there for a new WHEEL and TIRE were ordered today. But with car being 2013 the wheel isnt in GM's inventory (verbatim) so he doesnt know exactly when it will come in. I hope this isnt a dick around tactic. Dont mean to be negative but dealerships do play that game. Being that winter is on our heels im kinda uneasy about it. But we'll see how it goes.

Last edited by LordAndroid; 10-08-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #32
james347

Drives: 2006 Crownline
Quote:
I hope this isnt a dick around tactic. Dont mean to be negative but dealerships do play that game. Being that winter is on our heels im kinda uneasy about it. But we'll see how it goes.
Actually it's good to be very cautious. I wouldn't believe an order was placed until I see the tire/wheel at the shop. THEN, I wouldn't believe that it was for my car until it was ON my car and I was driving home with it.

You could always call around to a few Chevy parts departments and inquire about 2013 ZL1 wheel availability to see if they are on the up-and-up.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #33
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
UPDATE: I went into the dealership this morning. And spoke with the Serv Dept Mangr. About the damage he came over to the car saw and conformed that the damages didnt come from a curb. So he took some digital stills and mentioned he would review the surveillance footage and where and how it happened. I just got off the phone with him and he said after viewing the footage he saw where the damage occured so there for a new WHEEL and TIRE were ordered today. But with car being 2013 the wheel isnt in GM's inventory (verbatim) so he doesnt know exactly when it will come in. I hope this isnt a dick around tactic. Dont mean to be negative but dealerships do play that game. Being that winter is on our heels im kinda uneasy about it. But we'll see how it goes.

did you get any of this in writing? vs we will call you WHENEVER we get the rim in stock and whenever this will be?
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #34
LordAndroid

No i didnt get anything in writing Service Managr called me i was home at the time.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #35
zkdreads

Quote:
No i didnt get anything in writing Service Managr called me i was home at the time.
or at least let him leave you a voicemail and you have that proof. or even send him an email and him responding will confirm it too
Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #36
LordAndroid

[QUOTE=zkdreads;5669361]or at least let him leave you a voicemail and you have that proof. or even send him an email and him responding will confirm it too
I will go the Email route and use that as a back up.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #37
Moto-Mojo

Drives: 2012 LT RS 45th Anniversary
It's funny (not really) but I also have a passion for fine guitars. Many actually PAY for dents and dings. And I mean pay dearly for a "vintage looking" instrument. Probably twice it's normal MSRP. I can't stand dents and dings on anything I own but...there are people out there who see these things as nothing but business as usual.

In the end, they'll make it right I'm sure.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #38
zkdreads

[QUOTE=LordAndroid;5669382]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
or at least let him leave you a voicemail and you have that proof. or even send him an email and him responding will confirm it too
I will go the Email route and use that as a back up.
sorry i watch to much court tv. GOOD LUCK
Old 10-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #39
oldfriend

Drives: 2010 SS BLK IO interior
Quote:
Don't you wish that you had recorded this call , oh boy , that would have been so sweet , if just in case he ....with you .

Doesn't the 2012 and 2013 wheels are the same ?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #40
DRTH VDR

Drives: 2012 triple black ZL-1 #799
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post

Doesn't the 2012 and 2013 wheels are the same ?
The wheels are the same for the 2012 and 2013 ZL 1.
DRTH VDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #41
LordAndroid

[QUOTE=zkdreads;5669417]
Quote:

sorry i watch to much court tv. GOOD LUCK

LOL, I watch The Peoples Court w/ Marilyn Milian
Old 10-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #42
Jcobra

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs M6
I have had several cars with no front plates over the years, I would have left it alone.
Jcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #43
LordAndroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcobra View Post
I have had several cars with no front plates over the years, I would have left it alone.
I didnt want a front plate on it either trust me if i could have gotten away with it i would have. But I live in a 2 plate state. Cops profile certain cars in my area to pull over id get pulled over eventually in my ZL1 not looking to give the douche a reason to ticket me for a front plate. In the past I've gotten pulled over just because he wanted to see my SRT8 up close no thanks!

Old 10-08-2012, 07:39 PM   #44
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
I never met Ray Lewis nor i know who he is , but tomorrow you should keep your cool and explain to the service manager WTHH ( what the heck happen ) , be very polite and try to make you point across , i also know that's easier said than done , but the alternative will get you no where . Patience can go a long way .
...yes, keep your cool, don't do a Ray Lewis, trust me....don't be that guy...for everyones sake involved...., and you are better off not knowing Ray's background or demeanor as well...just sayin.... The pen is mightier than the sword <Edward Bulwer-Lytton > The better part of valor is discretion <Shakespeare>
Old 10-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #45
Jcobra

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs M6
Quote:
I didnt want a front plate on it either trust me if i could have gotten away with it i would have. But I live in a 2 plate state. Cops profile certain cars in my area to pull over id get pulled over eventually in my ZL1 not looking to give the douche a reason to ticket me for a front plate. In the past I've gotten pulled over just because he wanted to see my SRT8 up close no thanks!

We live in the same state.
Jcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #46
motorhead
bars suck

Drives: ZL1
even Dodge dealers F up peoples rides. It seems that no one cares about other people's property any more.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...r-today-85992/
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #47
LordAndroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcobra View Post
We live in the same state.
Cheers from the same state

Old 10-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #48
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerss View Post
What is the "law" or wording when they try and hide things from you when you buy a vehicle??
Quote:

...what I don't get is the conspiracy theory behind some of the new car owners with a quality control, or waranty issue, and it's the final countdown on the Mayan clock. Relax... make your claim, let the system work, there is always customer service and a field rep beyond that....
Those using verbage to effect "I better" need to get off their tall white horse and get overthemselves. The first post I quoted is trying to beat the system. The second is on track with the dealer and will get a fair and equitable resolve to their issue. They are being straight with you, and doing their best. Really,..........., the nit picking penny anny BS is getting too much....sorry for my rant, it's not directed to these guys or anyone in general. It's a general tone for some who paid 60 large and want everything perfect...or else, and they whine and moan like a five year in a Toys R US when they don't get what they want. Be diplomatic, be sincere, be honest, be an adult....deal with the company. Don't hissy fit.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #49
LordAndroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...what I don't get is the conspiracy theory behind some of the new car owners with a quality control, or waranty issue, and it's the final countdown on the Mayan clock. Relax... make your claim, let the system work, there is always customer service and a field rep beyond that....
Those using verbage to effect "I better" need to get off their tall white horse and get overthemsleves. The first post I quoted is trying to beat the system. The second is on track with the dealer and will get a fair and equitable resolve to their issue. They are being staright with you, and doing their best. Really,..........., the nit picking penny anny BS is getting too much....sorry for my rant, it's not directed to these guys or anyone in general. It's a general tone for some who paid 60 large and want everything perfect...or else, and they whine and moan like a five year in a Toys R US when they don't get what they want. Be diplomatic, be sincere, be honest, be an adult....deal with the company. Don't hissy fit.
Im not on my high horse but after being screwed over in the past as we all have at some point its a matter of recorse to level the playing field. I dont know about you but 60k to me isnt small change to you perhaps it is.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #50
motorhead
bars suck

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Those using verbage to effect "I better" need to get off their tall white horse and get overthemselves. The first post I quoted is trying to beat the system. The second is on track with the dealer and will get a fair and equitable resolve to their issue. They are being straight with you, and doing their best. Really,..........., the nit picking penny anny BS is getting too much....sorry for my rant, it's not directed to these guys or anyone in general. It's a general tone for some who paid 60 large and want everything perfect...or else, and they whine and moan like a five year in a Toys R US when they don't get what they want. Be diplomatic, be sincere, be honest, be an adult....deal with the company. Don't hissy fit.
The world isn't always peaches and creme and sometimes being nice gets you nothing but screwed. I always approach these things first by being nice and civil ,but that doesn't always get results. Sometimes you have to know when not to be nice. It's not as cut and dry as you make it sound. There are way more A-holes in this world these days than ever before.

To the OP, glad to see that you may be dealing with a stand up dealer that just so happens to have a bad employee.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote