Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #29
stardok
 
stardok's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1657
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Castaic, CA
Posts: 116
Could be a knife fight, don't forget to take your gun!LOL Make "em fix it right. They don't want the rest of us showing up there!
stardok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #30
LordAndroid
 
LordAndroid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardok View Post
Could be a knife fight, don't forget to take your gun!LOL Make "em fix it right. They don't want the rest of us showing up there!
That would be awesome if a flock of ZL1's showed up

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
LordAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #31
LordAndroid
 
LordAndroid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 109
UPDATE: I went into the dealership this morning. And spoke with the Serv Dept Mangr. About the damage he came over to the car saw and conformed that the damages didnt come from a curb. So he took some digital stills and mentioned he would review the surveillance footage and where and how it happened. I just got off the phone with him and he said after viewing the footage he saw where the damage occured so there for a new WHEEL and TIRE were ordered today. But with car being 2013 the wheel isnt in GM's inventory (verbatim) so he doesnt know exactly when it will come in. I hope this isnt a dick around tactic. Dont mean to be negative but dealerships do play that game. Being that winter is on our heels im kinda uneasy about it. But we'll see how it goes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by LordAndroid; 10-08-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling
LordAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #32
james347
 
Drives: 2006 Crownline
Join Date: May 2012
Location: .
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAndroid View Post
I hope this isnt a dick around tactic. Dont mean to be negative but dealerships do play that game. Being that winter is on our heels im kinda uneasy about it. But we'll see how it goes.
Actually it's good to be very cautious. I wouldn't believe an order was placed until I see the tire/wheel at the shop. THEN, I wouldn't believe that it was for my car until it was ON my car and I was driving home with it.

You could always call around to a few Chevy parts departments and inquire about 2013 ZL1 wheel availability to see if they are on the up-and-up.
james347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #33
zkdreads


 
zkdreads's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAndroid View Post
UPDATE: I went into the dealership this morning. And spoke with the Serv Dept Mangr. About the damage he came over to the car saw and conformed that the damages didnt come from a curb. So he took some digital stills and mentioned he would review the surveillance footage and where and how it happened. I just got off the phone with him and he said after viewing the footage he saw where the damage occured so there for a new WHEEL and TIRE were ordered today. But with car being 2013 the wheel isnt in GM's inventory (verbatim) so he doesnt know exactly when it will come in. I hope this isnt a dick around tactic. Dont mean to be negative but dealerships do play that game. Being that winter is on our heels im kinda uneasy about it. But we'll see how it goes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
did you get any of this in writing? vs we will call you WHENEVER we get the rim in stock and whenever this will be?
__________________
C-LO or Sonic
"Without Struggle there is no progress"
I am your best nightmare!
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #34
LordAndroid
 
LordAndroid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 109
No i didnt get anything in writing Service Managr called me i was home at the time.
LordAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #35
zkdreads


 
zkdreads's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAndroid View Post
No i didnt get anything in writing Service Managr called me i was home at the time.
or at least let him leave you a voicemail and you have that proof. or even send him an email and him responding will confirm it too
__________________
C-LO or Sonic
"Without Struggle there is no progress"
I am your best nightmare!
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #36
LordAndroid
 
LordAndroid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 109
[QUOTE=zkdreads;5669361]or at least let him leave you a voicemail and you have that proof. or even send him an email and him responding will confirm it too
I will go the Email route and use that as a back up.
LordAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #37
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars & Loud Guitars
 
Moto-Mojo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: N. CA
Posts: 787
It's funny (not really) but I also have a passion for fine guitars. Many actually PAY for dents and dings. And I mean pay dearly for a "vintage looking" instrument. Probably twice it's normal MSRP. I can't stand dents and dings on anything I own but...there are people out there who see these things as nothing but business as usual.

In the end, they'll make it right I'm sure.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #38
zkdreads


 
zkdreads's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,788
[QUOTE=LordAndroid;5669382]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
or at least let him leave you a voicemail and you have that proof. or even send him an email and him responding will confirm it too
I will go the Email route and use that as a back up.
sorry i watch to much court tv. GOOD LUCK
__________________
C-LO or Sonic
"Without Struggle there is no progress"
I am your best nightmare!
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #39
oldfriend


 
Drives: Fiat 500 E
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 32.7607/N. 16.95947/W
Posts: 7,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAndroid View Post
No i didnt get anything in writing Service Managr called me i was home at the time.
Don't you wish that you had recorded this call , oh boy , that would have been so sweet , if just in case he ....with you .

Doesn't the 2012 and 2013 wheels are the same ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #40
DRTH VDR
 
DRTH VDR's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 triple black ZL-1 #799
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ocean Springs, MS
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
........................................

Doesn't the 2012 and 2013 wheels are the same ?
The wheels are the same for the 2012 and 2013 ZL 1.
DRTH VDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #41
LordAndroid
 
LordAndroid's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 109
[QUOTE=zkdreads;5669417]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAndroid View Post

sorry i watch to much court tv. GOOD LUCK

LOL, I watch The Peoples Court w/ Marilyn Milian
LordAndroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #42
Jcobra

 
Jcobra's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2ss/rs M6
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Il
Posts: 927
I have had several cars with no front plates over the years, I would have left it alone.
Jcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.