Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
pears2

Drives: 2011 Black/Silver Synergy Series
Armor All Wheel Protectant

Anyone used the Armor All Wheel Protectant on your wheels, purchased a can last night but have not sprayed it on the wheels yet. Any feedback on this product, good or bad?

Thanks
pears2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Armor All used to have a lot of negative connotations with them in the detailing world. It does seem that they have upped their products however.

I think better than any armor all wheel protectant would be a good sealant. At the moment, imo the best sealant right now is http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-we...d-sealant.html

The absolute best thing you could do for your wheels is opticoat them. That is permanent though, like forever. The only thing that takes it off is hard abrasion. http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-coat.html

I opticoated my entire car, so I can testify it working insanely well. I no longer use waxes or sealants on my car. Many people have opticoated their wheels and have found less brake dust and brake dust easier to wipe away... and I totally believe this from the ease that dirt comes off my car.

Long story short, yeah it should work, but there are better products out there imo.

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."

Last edited by ihaveacamaro; 10-07-2012 at 05:40 PM.
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
eb_SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SSRS SGM
I've used that Armor All product. I would recommend it given that the brake pads are dust factories

This video prompted me to buy it. It was posted prior

Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
I have it and it works pretty good just DON'T let it drop onto your tires, it will stain them
Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #5
Ucantctchme

Drives: 2010 ss. 1990 RS the faster one.
I use it. It works.
Ucantctchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #6
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by eb_SS View Post
I've used that Armor All product. I would recommend it given that the brake pads are dust factories

This video prompted me to buy it. It was posted prior

Haha what an awesome video!

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote