Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
ForensicDoc
 
ForensicDoc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Audi S8
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 42
To others waiting for their ZL1 to arrive

Do you find yourself constantly looking at photos of the car and rereading the same magazine articles and watching the same YouTube videos over and over again?
ForensicDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #2
razorz28
 
razorz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Rubicon, 2014 Camaro Z/28
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Abbotsford B.C. Canada
Posts: 431
I am starting to get frustrated and started to look at new cars. I ordered my car in Mar and had it accepted by GM and nothing since. I am sure it will arrive right before the 2014's start production.
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Edwin320
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Miami, Fl
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForensicDoc View Post
Do you find yourself constantly looking at photos of the car and rereading the same magazine articles and watching the same YouTube videos over and over again?
Hell I do that and I'm merely thinking about ordering one. :-)
__________________
Ed 2012 2SS RS M6 'Vert
Edwin320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #4
JFWJR179
 
JFWJR179's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorZL1 View Post
I am starting to get frustrated and started to look at new cars. I ordered my car in Mar and had it accepted by GM and nothing since. I am sure it will arrive right before the 2014's start production.
I am getting somewhat impatient, but it may be a blessing in disguise
since the winter/snow season is approaching in the New England area.

My order: QNDD5S. CT has not moved beyond 1100 since 7/31/12.
JFWJR179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #5
lopoetve
 
Drives: 2001 Firebird Formula, 2011 Triumph
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Denver
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFWJR179 View Post
I am getting somewhat impatient, but it may be a blessing in disguise
since the winter/snow season is approaching in the New England area.

My order: QNDD5S. CT has not moved beyond 1100 since 7/31/12.
. Pffft. I've had an order in since may. Still at 1100. Early may too
lopoetve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #6
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER
 
pumpkinrancho's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2ssrs,2013 zl1,67&69 allcoupes
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SE. WYO & Northern CO, W NEB
Posts: 1,186
I ordered mine in may and it showed up last thursday. Gm connects never updated. Last week i looked it still said 2030. I have not checked today.
__________________
pumpkinrancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #7
razorz28
 
razorz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Rubicon, 2014 Camaro Z/28
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Abbotsford B.C. Canada
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinrancho View Post
I ordered mine in may and it showed up last thursday. Gm connects never updated. Last week i looked it still said 2030. I have not checked today.
I call every other week and they say it hasn't moved. Wish GM connect worked in Canada.
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #8
13-ZL1
 
13-ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: GM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorZL1 View Post
I call every other week and they say it hasn't moved. Wish GM connect worked in Canada.
I call once a week and depends on who you get they say to contact your dealer. I too wish GM connect worked in Canada.
13-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #9
closs2sx
 
closs2sx's Avatar
 
Drives: 1970 chevelle
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Central NH
Posts: 534
I put in my second order in late april since i did not get a 2012 it was status 1100 in april and never moved and by august 8th i decided to locate 2 (as my dad had decided to get one also by april and had his order in since april as well) by aug 11th my dad was driving his home (700 mile round trip in one day for us) and by aug 9th I had purchased mine but took del on Aug 22 as i had it shipped enclosed from st louis MO.
__________________
MY Car
2013 ZL1 Vin 555
Details
Crystal Red Tint Coat/ Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
Dads Car
2013 ZL1 vin 963
Crystal Red Tint Coat/Black Wheels
Exposed Carbon Fiber Insert
6 Spd Manual
Road Trip To Buffalo complete shipment from MO has arrived
closs2sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
blackswan

 
blackswan's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Nearby
Posts: 1,162
Went to order one and was advised it might be best to wait until spring at this point (which will mostly likely make me want to wait until 2014 models anyway). Sigh.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:41 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorZL1 View Post
I am starting to get frustrated and started to look at new cars. I ordered my car in Mar and had it accepted by GM and nothing since. I am sure it will arrive right before the 2014's start production.

I can check your order status if you would like. I can also check my resources to see if there is a dealership in your area with same options.

Let us know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:00 PM   #12
crustychev
 
crustychev's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1,1972 Dart, 1947 Willys
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 83
How about checking this one while you are at it. QNPGXX
crustychev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
ZL1LEGEND
ZL1 - The Legend Returns!
 
ZL1LEGEND's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 264
I already took delivery of mine and I still constantly watch YouTube and read every article that comes through my google notifications. It's worth the wait!!!
ZL1LEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
littlecammi
 
littlecammi's Avatar
 
Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 614
To others waiting for their ZL1 to arrive

Whether we have our ZL1 yet or are still waiting (like me), aren't we all collecting all the same magazine articles on the ZL1 (most of which also review the 662HP 2013 GT500 and compare the two)?

It's actually what I read here on Camaro5 that gets me more and more worried:

Will my 2013 ZL1 have the good ZL1 dash emblem or the one that peels off easily?
Will the exposed carbon fiber hood insert have any flaws in the finish or clearcoat?
Will the paint have numerous blemishes and/or dirt particles trapped in the paint?
Will my wheels be nicely sealed or will the lug pockets be unfinished?
Will my car have a coolant leak because of a fitting cross-threaded at the factory?
Will my car have a leak at the master cylinder cover?
Will the dealership install the front license plate bracket even though I instructed them not to?
Will the dealership fail to remove the spacers from the front springs?
Will the dealership remember to give me the spring spacers after they remove them?
What in heck else can they possibly screw up on a $60K car?
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #15
hairtrigger
 
Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
Whether we have our ZL1 yet or are still waiting (like me), aren't we all collecting all the same magazine articles on the ZL1 (most of which also review the 662HP 2013 GT500 and compare the two)?

It's actually what I read here on Camaro5 that gets me more and more worried:

Will my 2013 ZL1 have the good ZL1 dash emblem or the one that peels off easily?
Will the exposed carbon fiber hood insert have any flaws in the finish or clearcoat?
Will the paint have numerous blemishes and/or dirt particles trapped in the paint?
Will my wheels be nicely sealed or will the lug pockets be unfinished?
Will my car have a coolant leak because of a fitting cross-threaded at the factory?
Will my car have a leak at the master cylinder cover?
Will the dealership install the front license plate bracket even though I instructed them not to?
Will the dealership fail to remove the spacers from the front springs?
Will the dealership remember to give me the spring spacers after they remove them?
What in heck else can they possibly screw up on a $60K car?
Will the dealership forget to install the aerodynamic valances at the front?
Will the dealership fill it wth 87?

I'm finally at 3000 and getting my car at Christmas so I'm told. Took almost 2 years and 4 different orders!
I still read everything I can on them.
__________________
hairtrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
s/c ss
 
s/c ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsbugh,PA
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFWJR179 View Post
I am getting somewhat impatient, but it may be a blessing in disguise
since the winter/snow season is approaching in the New England area.

My order: QNDD5S. CT has not moved beyond 1100 since 7/31/12.
Dealers say it takes approximately 6-8 months from begin of build to arrival. At least my dealer said that.
__________________
s/c ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #17
s/c ss
 
s/c ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1, 10 Silverado LTZ, Chopper
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Pittsbugh,PA
Posts: 555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I can check your order status if you would like. I can also check my resources to see if there is a dealership in your area with same options.

Let us know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Brandon,
I have a few questions for you. Approximately how long does it take from begin of build to delivery of car to dealership? Do I have to request the build sheet or will it be included with my car? Is it possible to get all leather on the center of the seats rather than the suede insert? I was told no but it doesn't hurt to ask "someone on the inside".
__________________
s/c ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #18
justindewoody
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 136
As long as your dealer has the allocation already, it will take 6-8 weeks from order to delivery...NOT 6-8 MONTHS!!!! You CANNOT get only leather in the center of the seats...only suede.
justindewoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #19
Cevin
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Southeast
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin320 View Post
Hell I do that and I'm merely thinking about ordering one. :-)
+1
Cevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #20
13-ZL1
 
13-ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: GM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 179
I hope all this waitin in the end its all worth it lol.
13-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
Brandon,
I have a few questions for you. Approximately how long does it take from begin of build to delivery of car to dealership? Do I have to request the build sheet or will it be included with my car? Is it possible to get all leather on the center of the seats rather than the suede insert? I was told no but it doesn't hurt to ask "someone on the inside".
Let's start with the first question:

Dealer/Customer Order to Dealer Lot is approximately 6-12 weeks. Some variables that may affect timing include: Availability of Vehicle Options - as some are designated as late availability, Transport Distance, and Production Sequencing (Order of Build). However, your dealership would be in the best position for specific timing.

Question 2: If you would like to send me your VIN, I can send you an unofficial list of all of the options on your Camaro.

Question 3: It looks like the ZL1 is the only trim level that comes with the suede inserts Standard.

Let us know if this was helpful!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #22
razorz28
 
razorz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Rubicon, 2014 Camaro Z/28
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Abbotsford B.C. Canada
Posts: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I can check your order status if you would like. I can also check my resources to see if there is a dealership in your area with same options.

Let us know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi Brandon,
I would love an update for my order

QJZW0F

It is a the number zero.

Thanks Ray
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #23
Devils950003
 
Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Annandale, NJ
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by s/c ss View Post
Dealers say it takes approximately 6-8 months from begin of build to arrival. At least my dealer said that.
My dealer (Quirk in Massachusetts...I live in NJ) told me 10 weeks. I assumed about 6 months going in...I'd love to have it in 10 weeks, but I know I won't really be driving it that much until springtime, so if I don't get it during the winter, I can live with it. I'm thinking January best-case.

Guess by March or so I'll either be grinnin' ear-to-ear or wondering what the hell is going on...

Brandon, if you have time, just for hell of it: QQPFV2 I'm thinking it will be a while before the status would change on this one.
Devils950003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #24
ForensicDoc
 
ForensicDoc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Audi S8
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 42
Order was placed 09/27, TPW was 10/15 and just got the call today she is built and ready to be shipped. It is awesome how fast this has moved along.
ForensicDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #25
Chevrolet Customer Svc


 
Chevrolet Customer Svc's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Vehicles
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorZL1 View Post
Hi Brandon,
I would love an update for my order

QJZW0F

It is a the number zero.

Thanks Ray
No problem Ray! Your order number is not bringing up any information for me because of your location. Have you contacted your dealership for an update?

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.