Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #15
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
At least they could post a reason when they close a thread.

I can't tell you the specific reason the original "camaro abuse" thread was closed as I wasn't the one to close it. It's not that the thread was breaking a rule per say but one of the Mods/Admins found that it was best the thread be locked, if only the time being.

Heck this could be my fault for getting "too involved" with the issue and whatnot. So that's my bad.

If you guys have any specific questions or anything regarding the thread/issue feel free to PM me. I'm kinda busy today so I may not get back to you right away, but I will respond to you before tonight.

OH and side bar: everyone should check out Best Chevrolet's FB page. It's worth a few laughs.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
SSBlack
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
I can't tell you the specific reason the original "camaro abuse" thread was closed as I wasn't the one to close it. It's not that the thread was breaking a rule per say but one of the Mods/Admins found that it was best the thread be locked, if only the time being.

Heck this could be my fault for getting "too involved" with the issue and whatnot. So that's my bad.

If you guys have any specific questions or anything regarding the thread/issue feel free to PM me. I'm kinda busy today so I may not get back to you right away, but I will respond to you before tonight.

OH and side bar: everyone should check out Best Chevrolet's FB page. It's worth a few laughs.
Thanks for the insight. That's ALL folks are asking for, an explanation as to why the mysterious moderator playing Big Brother keeps locking threads.
SSBlack is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
habunow1
 
habunow1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Beaufort SC
Posts: 447
Word of mouth is what keep my wifes busness busy. The same thought applies here because whenever I see a 5th gen I ask them if they have gone on this forum, tell them to look me up and our meet site and tell them how if you want to know it about a 5th gen they will have it on there. Makes me start to question whether I am doing the right thing by saying that.

Stieger thanks for the insite.
habunow1 is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #18
awfarley

 
awfarley's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 2,031
I can somewhat understand people being upset with moderators closing threads with no explanation but the truth is most of the ones that get closed end up heading south quickly otherwise. Online forums with arguements quickly become pissing contests with everyone flexing their "internet muscles".

I'd much rather a forum be over moderated than under moderated. At least they care about the quality of people and information that gets to remain on the site.

You gotta look at both sides here.
awfarley is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #19
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by habunow1 View Post
I agree with the money part but sometime you have to standup for what is right. Do you really want sponsors to cheat your members and does that not make you just as bad as them.
Yes they do. Because sponsors = money. And money = business.

Trust me, they would rather have 100 ripped off members than lose 1 single sponsor's cash flow.

Ever notice threads about issues with Camaros are moved almost immediately, but useless threads are left up for WEEKS?

And any thread that says "X company took my money and makes a crap product!" somehow gets wiped off the face of the Earth?

As Belle said, that's the way this place is run so if we don't like it, we will have to leave. But I, for one, disagree with it entirely. Now watch. Just saying THAT will probably get me banned.
ShowSStopper is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #20
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie
 
TBone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Join Date: May 2009
Location: ChiTown, IL
Posts: 1,827
I think we deserve an explanation.

We have supported this website for years. Supported both the vendors and owners of the website via buying stuff off this website as well as using it and going to events like Camarofest.

Now one of our own is in a situation that needs our support through social media and someone here on Camaro5 are denying us the right to help him or even discuss what has happened to him. This did not happen to a Mustang or Challenger owner, it happened to a Camaro owner. Is this not Camaro5.com? Our home on the web?

I could understand if the thread had gotten out of hand but it was, and still is, mostly civil and we had a Mod keeping an eye on us. (Thanks Stieger, you get it) Let us continue to discuss this in an adult manner like we have been because this is in the national spotlight and closing this while the nation is looking at us is really foolish. The next headline will read, "Camaro5 won't let it's members discuss bad manners by dealership of one of it's member's!". How is that going to look?

T.
__________________
"Horsepower is something that looks great in a Magazine article, but suspension is what actually gets you around the track fast.." Jack Olsen
The drag strip is like sniffing glue, it's cheap, it's a decent buzz, it doesn't last long and they are all the same.
Road racing is like China White Heroin, the buzz is stronger, the high lasts for hours, it's extremely addictive and they are all different.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #21
habunow1
 
habunow1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Yellow 2SS, 2011 CG 1LT IPF SC
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Beaufort SC
Posts: 447
Could the mod who moved the thread chime in and maybe reopen the orginal thread with the what ever was wrong edited. "Perception is reality"
habunow1 is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #22
big papa
 
big papa's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: AZ
Posts: 189
If this is a community, a quick "why it was closed" should be posted.
__________________
2010 Camaro SS/RS
2012 Ram Express
2013 Honda F6B
big papa is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #23
motorhead


 
motorhead's Avatar
 
Drives: Stormtrooper
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bartertown
Posts: 10,153
Site is afraid of getting sued and doesn't want involved with someone else's fight. It's as plain as the nose on your face. I'm no lawyer so I don't really know if they could be sued anyway. If it was my site, I would say post away in this situation. The op has the facts. I don't how C5 could be affected.

Although, C5 does get accused of being in bed with GM. It's things likw closing threads like those in question that make one wonder if there isn't something to that. In that case, I can see why it got closed.

Doesn't matter anyway. It's a privately owned site and they don't owe anyone a reason for doing what they do. Like they always say themselves, If you don't like don't let the door hit you in the butt when you leave.
motorhead is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 01:00 PM   #24
2010SS2SS

 
2010SS2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cypress, texas
Posts: 1,308
I can guarantee this will go away quietly because in most astates it is "ILLEGAL" to record someone without their knowledge. If the people in question want to get pissy (even though they were in the wrong) they can go after the OP. He better get what he can before the dealer gets a lawyer. And I can tell you once you threaten most dealer wit hlega laction ALL bets are off and they are going to ask you to leave.
2010SS2SS is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #25
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl
 
CamaroSkooter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 9,654
What was the original thread about?

It sounds like it was someone complaining about a product? If that's the case, there's a "vendor review" section specifically for that sort of thing.

And like has been said, the first amendment only protects you from being censored by the government. It does not protect your internet post from being censored by the host or owner of that site
__________________

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #26
SSBlack
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
I can guarantee this will go away quietly because in most astates it is "ILLEGAL" to record someone without their knowledge. If the people in question want to get pissy (even though they were in the wrong) they can go after the OP. He better get what he can before the dealer gets a lawyer. And I can tell you once you threaten most dealer wit hlega laction ALL bets are off and they are going to ask you to leave.
Ever hear of people secretly recording babysitters? Nanny cams, they call them. Not to mention when a spouse is secretly recorded hiring a hitman to knock off their spouse. It's a legal gray area depending on the crime that was recorded. Fraud is probably serious enough.

Back to the purpose of this forum. I thought it was a Camaro forum. Is it really an advertising board with some forum sections thrown in?

Wow. That light just went on.
SSBlack is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #27
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,715
It was either the OP who requested it closed because a lawyer recommended not saying anything to anyone until completion of a lawsuit or it was this site's owners. The owners may have some kind of relationship with GM as it has been hinted at. Whether this relationship is financially driven or information-ally driven, it wouldn't matter. If any type of relationship exists, a video and thread making GM/Dealerships look terrible could do nothing but hurt the established relationship between GM and C5.

This relationship has negative and positive attributes. It means this site has a degree of damage control and censorship to it. The positive attribute is that GM sees this site as a marketing and business opportunity. We get special information and GM participation in events and ultimately new product development.

Take it as you want but the best positive is that we can reflect on what we like and dislike about our cars as well as reflect on what we would want in a future Camaro/GM car.

In essence, this site gives you a voice that GM would not have otherwise heard of. If we have to let them save face and maintain a positive business image in the process, then it really is not a bad trade off.

Hope that answers your question.
DarkneSS is offline  
Old 10-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #28
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
I can guarantee this will go away quietly because in most astates it is "ILLEGAL" to record someone without their knowledge. If the people in question want to get pissy (even though they were in the wrong) they can go after the OP. He better get what he can before the dealer gets a lawyer. And I can tell you once you threaten most dealer wit hlega laction ALL bets are off and they are going to ask you to leave.
Ever hear of people secretly recording babysitters? Nanny cams, they call them. Not to mention when a spouse is secretly recorded hiring a hitman to knock off their spouse. It's a legal gray area depending on the crime that was recorded. Fraud is probably serious enough.

Back to the purpose of this forum. I thought it was a Camaro forum. Is it really an advertising board with some forum sections thrown in?

Wow. That light just went on.
Exactly and from what I understand that rule does not apply to private property. If you enter the boundary of my private property I can record whatever I want, as well as in the public space. My car is my private property and thus I have the right to record whatever happens in the cabin.

I think the law applies when you are on someone else private property that does not have an implied public use. Implied public use meaning you could record in a mall or a supermarket. So I can't go walk into your home and start recording you unless you say it is okay. If I record in your home without your permission, then it could be illegal.

Ultimately legality with audio/video recording is whether you are on your own or another person's private property and whether you have permission. Permission to record is not implied and must be confirmed.
DarkneSS is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.