Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Austin45
Poor College Kid
 
Austin45's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jonesboro, AR
Posts: 780
Dealer Mistake, ZL1 Camaro for 33k

Thought you guys might enjoy this... was browsing my local dealer inventory and someone messed up the pictures pretty bad. Who knows how long this link will work. A ZL1 Camaro for 33k

http://www.landerschevrolet.com/deta...w-9416696.html



Edit: The Ad has been fixed now due to some Camaro 5 members trying to purchase the car
__________________

Last edited by Austin45; 10-08-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Austin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
fbodyauto
 
fbodyauto's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro 2LS
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Posts: 322
Very funny... I wonder if they are getting a lot of calls lol
__________________
fbodyauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
camaro-dreamer
 
camaro-dreamer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Maxima/ 2011 Mustang GT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 300
The description is clearly for a 2LT. I would guess that the average car buyer does not know what a ZL1 is.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...
 
BowtieBelle's Avatar
 
Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 14,106
That's Landers for you. I quit doing business with them years ago because they're just a pack of morons...
__________________
"Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff." -CamaroSpike

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 8,930
If you actually go through all the pics the v6 does come up.
__________________
kjkjr27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #6
Richy_Rich
FAVOR
 
Richy_Rich's Avatar
 
Drives: Many Different Rides
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 784
There's 2 cars in the pics... take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin45 View Post
Thought you guys might enjoy this... was browsing my local dealer inventory and someone messed up the pictures pretty bad. Who knows how long this link will work. A ZL1 Camaro for 33k

http://www.landerschevrolet.com/deta...w-9416696.html

__________________
Please be kind when you drive; thank you.
Richy_Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
RollaMo

 
RollaMo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rolla, MO
Posts: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
If you actually go through all the pics the v6 does come up.

Yep, looks like someone just slipped in a few "extra" pics of the ZL1.
36 pics of the ZL1
24 pics of the 2LT

__________________
1996 Corvette - LT4
2011 Camaro SS Convertible
2011 Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!
 
Mysteek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NM
Posts: 12,870
I would head over there straight away, and when they showed me an actual 2LT, I would say "Nope, that's not what I saw in the picture, I want the one in the picture the bright red one!" Of course, played dumb about not knowing the difference and be about the looks of the car only!! Oh, and flutter the eyelashes and :tweetz::tweetz:!! Oh, the joys of being a girl!!

J/K!! Funny as hell though!! IDIOTS!!
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #9
2010 SSRS



 
2010 SSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Ocean State
Posts: 123,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
I would head over there straight away, and when they showed me an actual 2LT, I would say "Nope, that's not what I saw in the picture, I want the one in the picture the bright red one!" Of course, played dumb about not knowing the difference and be about the looks of the car only!! Oh, and flutter the eyelashes and :tweetz::tweetz:!! Oh, the joys of being a girl!!

J/K!! Funny as hell though!! IDIOTS!!
Do It now or GTHO
__________________
Jannetty Racing JRE Street Package
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #10
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]
 
kenkartasasmita's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia and Austin,TX
Posts: 2,104
so 2 camaros for $33k?? whatta deal right there. lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
RollaMo

 
RollaMo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rolla, MO
Posts: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
I would head over there straight away, and when they showed me an actual 2LT, I would say "Nope, that's not what I saw in the picture, I want the one in the picture the bright red one!" Of course, played dumb about not knowing the difference and be about the looks of the car only!! Oh, and flutter the eyelashes and :tweetz::tweetz:!! Oh, the joys of being a girl!!

J/K!! Funny as hell though!! IDIOTS!!

Funny as it might be, it won't work.
The ad clearly states it is a 2LT2, and all the details (except the first pictures) are for the 2LT
And doing as the ad says and clicking of the "window sticker" icon, takes you to the correct window sticker.
Attached Images
  
__________________
1996 Corvette - LT4
2011 Camaro SS Convertible
2011 Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
AdamZ
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfield, OH
Posts: 17,953
LOL I sent in my info and they called me back in about 2 minutes. The lady said she thinks there was a mistake and that she will see what happened and call me back LOL. Maybe I can score a ZL1 for 40 grand LOL
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #13
bandier
Got mine!
 
bandier's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT - Yellow w/ Stripes
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Fallbrook, CA
Posts: 914
That's how I got my Camaro. The dealer had some insanely cheap price on the internet. When I came buy it, he claimed he couldn't be held accountable for a "typo" but offered to give me a hell of a deal (bait and switch). I was happy with the deal but had I known what the regulations were to enforce the advertised price, I could have had my car for about $10K less than the sticker.
bandier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
Mattzl1
 
Mattzl1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: upstate New York
Posts: 166
The other problem with this is the VIN number doesn't match a ZL1 VIN
__________________
2013 ZL1 AGM, ECF, A6, sunroof, black rims
mods complete! 664 RWHP, 645 RWTQ
Ported snout, 2.5 upper, Innovators west balancer with 9.1 lower, New era intake, American Racing long tube headers with hollow cats and X pipe, KDI heat exchanger, ID850's, TS29 cam !
Mattzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #15
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...
 
BowtieBelle's Avatar
 
Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 14,106
Ah, good old Landers, charging $34k for an LT.
__________________
"Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff." -CamaroSpike

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #16
AdamZ
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fairfield, OH
Posts: 17,953
Sorry for ruining the fun guys. I tried to buy it for 35k and they caught on and changed the pics lol
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #17
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!
 
Mysteek's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NM
Posts: 12,870
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
Do It now or GTHO


Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
so 2 camaros for $33k?? whatta deal right there. lol


Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
Funny as it might be, it won't work.
The ad clearly states it is a 2LT2, and all the details (except the first pictures) are for the 2LT
And doing as the ad says and clicking of the "window sticker" icon, takes you to the correct window sticker.
I know they wouldn't let me. I was being a smart a$$!! They got some things right though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
LOL I sent in my info and they called me back in about 2 minutes. The lady said she thinks there was a mistake and that she will see what happened and call me back LOL. Maybe I can score a ZL1 for 40 grand LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Sorry for ruining the fun guys. I tried to buy it for 35k and they caught on and changed the pics lol
Darn it Adam!! Someone coulda really had fun with that!!
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #18
midnighter
Account Suspended
 
Drives: nothing
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a hole
Posts: 21,174
I like that Black ZL1. At $33k I'd buy two.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:49 PM   #19
RollaMo

 
RollaMo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rolla, MO
Posts: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Ah, good old Landers, charging $34k for an LT.
Not trying to defend the dealer, but if you go to Chevy's website and "build your own" you'll come up with the same exact price for an MSRP.

Now, what any dealer will actually sell it for is another thing.
Landers is just listing the MSRP in the ad.
__________________
1996 Corvette - LT4
2011 Camaro SS Convertible
2011 Harley Davidson FLHX Street Glide
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 PM   #20
Austin45
Poor College Kid
 
Austin45's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jonesboro, AR
Posts: 780
The pictures are stock photos now :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
That's Landers for you. I quit doing business with them years ago because they're just a pack of morons...
I've come to find out all Landers are different... They have been very good to my family so we will continue to use them. Two different dealerships really messed up my Mom's Jeep on 4k of out of warranty work and Landers fixed it all free of charge. We've bought 5 cars from them and we've gotten what we feel is a good deal. But... The Landers Ford across the interstate is terrible, they "replaced" spark plugs in a ladies Fusion and they never actually did. Landers Chevy corrected the issue for her.
__________________
Austin45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #21
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]
 
kenkartasasmita's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia and Austin,TX
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Ah, good old Landers, charging $34k for an LT.
and what is price for the new LT?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #22
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]
 
kenkartasasmita's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia and Austin,TX
Posts: 2,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post
Darn it Adam!! Someone coulda really had fun with that!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall View Post

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #23
Buckeye
Buckeye
 
Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tucson
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
Funny as it might be, it won't work.
The ad clearly states it is a 2LT2, and all the details (except the first pictures) are for the 2LT
And doing as the ad says and clicking of the "window sticker" icon, takes you to the correct window sticker.
Check out the APR on that window sticker!
Buckeye is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.