Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Best polishing kit?

I am buying a machine polishing kit and am thinking about getting the adams starter kit

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-734-a...isher-kit.aspx

I have a ton of swirl marks and minor scratches that I am eager to buff out and was wondering what yalls opinions where of this adams/porter cable buffing kit. Should i go with this one? or do y'all have any other recommendations? I really want to get a kit that isn't ridiculously expensive but one that also gets the job done
Old 10-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: Supercharged V6
That's a great kit, I have it myself. I would also look at the flex kit a little different but I believe (with the correct technique) you can get done quicker vs the PC
Old 10-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
I don't think you will be disapointed, it's easy to use and very safe, Adams is a good company to deal with and very respected on this forum

Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
I think Adams is overpriced for what you get. I think of it this way

Adams: Easy to understand, good results, very expensive

Blackfire, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, Meguiars, etc: Somewhat easy to understand, good results, priced cheaper than Adams.

Adams has a system where their compounds and polishes match the pad it's supposed to be used with, which is a genius idea! However, that is the only edge it has on the competition. Other products work just as well (sometimes better), and at a fraction of the cost.

I have nothing against Adam's, I just find it overpriced. Maybe the extra money goes to the amazing customer service we all hear about

I personally would go with something like this http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-meguiars-kit.html

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Also, the PC is underpowered for a 7" pad. You won't get the best results from that. IMO, the highest pad size to go with is 5.5".

If you do decide the Adam's route (nothing wrong with that), I would ask them to replace the 7" pads with 5.5" pads and I'm almost positive that they would be fine to do that.

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote