Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 05-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #1
Rock Chalk

Drives: '12 2SS Convertible
Our Journey

So, we bought a '12 2SS/RS convertible a few weeks ago. Immediately joined the forum and starting thinking about things to do to it to make it ours. This weekend was kind of the official start as we painted the calipers and plasti-dipped the wheels. Have to say that my wife is a great help and really into it...and about twice as particular about making it perfect as I am... Here's some photos....(if you zoom in and see how dirty the car is, forgive me...the wife had it out in the rain...ugh )

We used the G2 caliper paint system (inferno orange) and it was super slick. After the first coat, i was a little suspect, but after the 2nd and 3rd coats, it dried to perfection. Picked up some decals on eBay which look very nice...we'll see how well they hold up.

Plasti-dip process was about as simple as it can get....basically fool proof. Again, we'll see how it holds up...and for me it was an quick, cheap easy way to see if I liked the look. Maybe in the future do a powdercoat or black chrome if the plasti-dip doesn't hold up and needs done repeatedly to keep the look.

I think it all turned out sweet. Also plasti'd the bow ties in front and back. Next up will be the tail light trim (wonder if i can do that while on the car, advise?) and the 'CAMARO' badging on the side (again, input needed...do i need to tape every little bit or can i tape a square around it and then peel off around the letters?)
Attached Images

Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote