Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Dynomax Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #29
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette DSOM, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,531
Nice job! Those look great!
__________________

Not a Camaro but it works for now!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:46 AM   #30
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!
 
TSSUNAMI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 1,719
Thanks for the feedback guys! I was so excited to have pulled off this mod. Not that it was rocket science but it's definitely made an impact on the appearance and made the car stand out a LOT more.

Next week or two the car goes away until springtime :(

Now to make the final decision on wheels. I'll likely order them around tax return time.

I love the Forgestar F14's obviously, but the CF5 in textured gunmetal is really starting to grow on me too. I was even thinking a custom finish with red on the inside edge of the spokes spreading out to the rim. I really don't know yet.

OR

I could live with the stock wheels for another year or so (Until I need new tires...AGAIN)

and do another round of cosmetic mods.

Anvil spoiler is the first thing that comes to mind. My factory spoiler has a massive rock chip from an overzealous bird who somehow ate stones.

There's the showstopper or aac sidemarkers that I've wanted since i saw them on SPIKE III's car a year or so ago.

Factory GFX kit.

An actual catback to give my LT's a more refined sound.

The list could go on.

Decisions decisions.

These are good problems to have.
__________________
TSSUNAMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:27 AM   #31
CRTZL1
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys! I was so excited to have pulled off this mod. Not that it was rocket science but it's definitely made an impact on the appearance and made the car stand out a LOT more.

Next week or two the car goes away until springtime :(

Now to make the final decision on wheels. I'll likely order them around tax return time.

I love the Forgestar F14's obviously, but the CF5 in textured gunmetal is really starting to grow on me too. I was even thinking a custom finish with red on the inside edge of the spokes spreading out to the rim. I really don't know yet.

OR

I could live with the stock wheels for another year or so (Until I need new tires...AGAIN)

and do another round of cosmetic mods.

Anvil spoiler is the first thing that comes to mind. My factory spoiler has a massive rock chip from an overzealous bird who somehow ate stones.

There's the showstopper or aac sidemarkers that I've wanted since i saw them on SPIKE III's car a year or so ago.

Factory GFX kit.

An actual catback to give my LT's a more refined sound.

The list could go on.

Decisions decisions.

These are good problems to have.
Your wife is going to murder ya... Get married first kid!!!

By the way last night I wrote ya a huge post on here then my computer shut off and I lost it, you know this already, lol... but anyways instead of doing it again I'm just going to break it down to the short version cause the moment was lost..
- your a great friend and I really value your opinion, which is saying a lot...
- you deserve this car and I'm glad you pulled through the rough to get it..
- your a lucky man with a supportive beautiful wife, now spend some mod money on the wedding
- your ex wife is a bitch and at same time you owe her for making you the more confident man you are today, Oh and did I mention Alex, If not for her dumb ass you would of never met her..
- great thread and stripes look awesome
- Oh and you can use my garage anytime

these were all my key points of the post that magically disappeared last night just as I was about to hit send... well anyways you get the idea, YOU DA MAN KID!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:11 AM   #32
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!
 
TSSUNAMI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
Your wife is going to murder ya... Get married first kid!!!

By the way last night I wrote ya a huge post on here then my computer shut off and I lost it, you know this already, lol... but anyways instead of doing it again I'm just going to break it down to the short version cause the moment was lost..
- your a great friend and I really value your opinion, which is saying a lot...
- you deserve this car and I'm glad you pulled through the rough to get it..
- your a lucky man with a supportive beautiful wife, now spend some mod money on the wedding
- your ex wife is a bitch and at same time you owe her for making you the more confident man you are today, Oh and did I mention Alex, If not for her dumb ass you would of never met her..
- great thread and stripes look awesome
- Oh and you can use my garage anytime

these were all my key points of the post that magically disappeared last night just as I was about to hit send... well anyways you get the idea, YOU DA MAN KID!!

Hahaha thanks bro.
You know you had a part in giving me this mod bug too. Not to mention getting me REALLY hooked on these cars. That ride in the GT500 was no joke. (There's a thread here somewhere about it.) You've been a great friend too!

You're right though LOL I do need to pull the trigger on the wedding date. Neither of us are in a hurry though. If you asked her right now she'd say "We need new windows and siding on the house first." (Which we do, but she keeps letting me dump money into this car!)

So the wedding is a way's off, but she and I are cool with that. We want our ducks in a row before the government starts charging us to be married haha!

But I'm definitely lucky to be in the spot I'm in today. I've had alot of good people help me along the way. The wife to be, she's a godsend man. I call her "the unicorn" Because there's no way a girl like her exists!

Anyway. I'm about to get all mushy, and I've been trained via shock therapy to never do that in public!!

Thanks for everything bro, you know I keep my group of friends pretty small. (real friends anyway) Glad to have ya around. Alex calls you "the other wife btw"


Now let's get YOUR stripes on. And start a mod journal already. You just got that car and you've already out-modded me. Time to document it all and show these people here what a sicko you are when it comes to making a car that people drool over.


*EDIT*

BTW. I got called "VIKING" By not only Alex, but half the beverage staff tonight.

Thanks.

LOOOOL
__________________
TSSUNAMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:50 AM   #33
CRTZL1
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 1,546
Ha ha ha.... YEAH BUDDY!!!!
I love that though, best bad ass statement to make..
'YA KNOW I AM A VIKING ' .....man I love that... lol
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:18 PM   #34
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!
 
TSSUNAMI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
Ha ha ha.... YEAH BUDDY!!!!
I love that though, best bad ass statement to make..
'YA KNOW I AM A VIKING ' .....man I love that... lol

The story behind it is even better.

Seriously kid, I'm dealing poker, talking to a player about call of duty, and a sweat breaks out on my forehead followed by severe abdominal cramping. I made it 15 minutes on that game before I had to get tapped out and RUN to the bathroom.

That was my moment of Vikingness. Damn near shed a "tough guy tear" thinking about it.

Employee cafeteria food FTL.
__________________
TSSUNAMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:24 PM   #35
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!
 
TSSUNAMI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 1,719
New pic I took at night. I like the blur from the taillights, it matches the angle of my stripes. Kind of blurry though. meh. adds to the "special" effects.

Would be GRAND if we could get ONE day of nice weather to post up some final pics of the year.

Decided today that I don't want to have ZERO access to my car over the winter. I also don't want to pay 120+ a month for a single unit storage. Thus I have turned to our good friends at Southern Car Parts for a Covercraft "NOAH" fitted car cover.

My plan of attack for the winter:

Fill tires to 40 PSI, add a shot of fuel stabilizer to the tank, hook up a battery tender since I will have access to an outdoor outlet.

Steel Wool in the tailpipes, Bounce dryer sheets in the engine bay/interior/trunk. (apparantly mice hate them, used them last year, no mice and my car smelled bouncy fresh in the spring)

Full hand wash. I just waxed the car three weeks ago, so I'm going to be lazy and spray wax it once. Top her off with some detail spray, and cover her up for the winter.

My driveway extends down the side of my house so the car will only be getting wind from one side. I'm thinking it will be just fine like this. I'd prefer indoor storage, but this is the next best thing. From what I've read if I follow my plan I won't end up with swirls or scratches.

Hopefully the cover will get here before we get some major snowfall.
Attached Images
 
__________________
TSSUNAMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #36
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Corvette DSOM, '13 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
New pic I took at night. I like the blur from the taillights, it matches the angle of my stripes. Kind of blurry though. meh. adds to the "special" effects.

Would be GRAND if we could get ONE day of nice weather to post up some final pics of the year.

Decided today that I don't want to have ZERO access to my car over the winter. I also don't want to pay 120+ a month for a single unit storage. Thus I have turned to our good friends at Southern Car Parts for a Covercraft "NOAH" fitted car cover.

My plan of attack for the winter:

Fill tires to 40 PSI, add a shot of fuel stabilizer to the tank, hook up a battery tender since I will have access to an outdoor outlet.

Steel Wool in the tailpipes, Bounce dryer sheets in the engine bay/interior/trunk. (apparantly mice hate them, used them last year, no mice and my car smelled bouncy fresh in the spring)

Full hand wash. I just waxed the car three weeks ago, so I'm going to be lazy and spray wax it once. Top her off with some detail spray, and cover her up for the winter.

My driveway extends down the side of my house so the car will only be getting wind from one side. I'm thinking it will be just fine like this. I'd prefer indoor storage, but this is the next best thing. From what I've read if I follow my plan I won't end up with swirls or scratches.

Hopefully the cover will get here before we get some major snowfall.
Love the pic! Especially the way the glare matches the slant of the stripes!
__________________

Not a Camaro but it works for now!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:21 AM   #37
CRTZL1
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 1,546
Stripes looks great bro, love that picture, it's bad ass with the glare of the flash.
Glad you decided on doing the car cover idea, honestly that's all you need is a good cover and disconnect the battery cables and a bottle of fuel stab... The dryer sheets not needed man.. No mice going get in there!!! Anyways talk to ya soon du !!!
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #38
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,258
The stripes look sick George. Very nice touch, and they're unique, which is even better. =)
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #39
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!
 
TSSUNAMI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 1,719
Thanks J! Glad you dig the stripes bro! So what's next for your car? It's looking siiiick as always.

Eric, believe it or not I had a friend offer me his garage for the winter the day after I ordered the cover LOL.
__________________
TSSUNAMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #40
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!
 
TSSUNAMI's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Syracuse, NY
Posts: 1,719
Spent about 3 hours today washing, drying, and applying a few coats of Meg's spray wax. A bottle of fuel stabilizer, full fuel tank and my new NOAH car cover from Covercraft and the ride is snug as a bug in a rug until springtime.

Pretty nice that I got to drive the car right up until the day before thanksgiving.

The NOAH car cover was super easy to put on (with some help from my woman and my son.) Material looked super soft and durable. It was lighter than I had expected, but I suppose that's not such a bad thing.

Some bad news is that I'm getting another odd noise from under the engine bay. (Really loud hissing/squealing sound.) It's been present for months now and none of the techs have been able to find the source. I'm thinking I either have a vacume leak, or a loud ass alternator. (Im horrible at diagnosing car problems.)

So my first two orders of business in the springtime will be:
1. Straight to the dealership to find out what this noise is.
2. New rear tires.
3. Inspection, since mine runs out during the time period that my car will be stored.


My mod budget might be cut a bit next year because I've been working on restoring my winter rat to it's former glory. 1997 Jeep TJ. So far I've been doing most of the work myself with some help from a few knowledgeable members of my local jeep club, but that's a story for another web forum hahha.

Have a great winter everyone!
__________________
TSSUNAMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #41
Mindz
E.B.A.H.
 
Mindz's Avatar
 
Drives: you wild...
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Posts: 18,258
Squealing normally refers to a belt somewhere along the lines.

Hope it hibernates well. As for my car, a few last things, including the switchplate I've been waiting patiently on arrives soon. Then I think I'm pretty much done for a while. Need to save up for a new paint job.
__________________
Blue Rush, 2010 SS [Car of the Week 3/22/2010] Traded in on...ZLZBUBB, 2013 ZL1
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #42
CRTZL1
Banned
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 1,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys! I was so excited to have pulled off this mod. Not that it was rocket science but it's definitely made an impact on the appearance and made the car stand out a LOT more.

Next week or two the car goes away until springtime :(

Now to make the final decision on wheels. I'll likely order them around tax return time.

I love the Forgestar F14's obviously, but the CF5 in textured gunmetal is really starting to grow on me too. I was even thinking a custom finish with red on the inside edge of the spokes spreading out to the rim. I really don't know yet.

OR

I could live with the stock wheels for another year or so (Until I need new tires...AGAIN)

and do another round of cosmetic mods.

Anvil spoiler is the first thing that comes to mind. My factory spoiler has a massive rock chip from an overzealous bird who somehow ate stones.

There's the showstopper or aac sidemarkers that I've wanted since i saw them on SPIKE III's car a year or so ago.

Factory GFX kit.

An actual catback to give my LT's a more refined sound.

The list could go on.

Decisions decisions.

These are good problems to have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
Spent about 3 hours today washing, drying, and applying a few coats of Meg's spray wax. A bottle of fuel stabilizer, full fuel tank and my new NOAH car cover from Covercraft and the ride is snug as a bug in a rug until springtime.

Pretty nice that I got to drive the car right up until the day before thanksgiving.

The NOAH car cover was super easy to put on (with some help from my woman and my son.) Material looked super soft and durable. It was lighter than I had expected, but I suppose that's not such a bad thing.

Some bad news is that I'm getting another odd noise from under the engine bay. (Really loud hissing/squealing sound.) It's been present for months now and none of the techs have been able to find the source. I'm thinking I either have a vacume leak, or a loud ass alternator. (Im horrible at diagnosing car problems.)

So my first two orders of business in the springtime will be:
1. Straight to the dealership to find out what this noise is.
2. New rear tires.
3. Inspection, since mine runs out during the time period that my car will be stored.


My mod budget might be cut a bit next year because I've been working on restoring my winter rat to it's former glory. 1997 Jeep TJ. So far I've been doing most of the work myself with some help from a few knowledgeable members of my local jeep club, but that's a story for another web forum hahha.

Have a great winter everyone!
Hey George glad you got everything situated with storing the car. Sucks about the noise, but I'm sure it's nothing big so don't sweat it.
Can't believe your car is put up before mine... I won't take it off the road till they salt.. I'll be driving her tonight.
See ya at work brother..
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
big worm graphix, camaro 1ss, cyber gray camaro, forgestar f14, pfadt springs lowering

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.