Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #101
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
@Lgndryhr Thank you for the compliment! I agree that CGM is a GREAT color, and like SSRS55 says above us... they look GREAT dirty! HAHA. I had to go to his house last night, which is a 30 minute drive for me and I got caught in rain. There's still some yuck on the roads here in NY and I showed up COVERED in salt. We were both in awe of the raw beauty of filthed up CGM!!! LOL I will stop by your thread and give your car a look. I'm sure it's awesome.

Guys one thing about a 275/315 front/rear setup that is flush with the fenders: It kicks up a LOT of crap onto your car if you don't have fender flares or GFX!

I can live with it though!!

@Kevin I've read about the issues from AAC's fogs, and it's surprising since their lights are twice as expensive as others. Not sure why though their product looks so nice. I'm pretty sure Eric had the lights from Gen5DIY and they looked spectacular on his 2SS, they look great on his 1LE also. I can't wait to get mine ordered. Spoke with OFER today and hopefully he will have a package set up for me by the weekend.

@Eric 20 Horse minimum could be more with your mods. Plus I helped you put them on. Easy +5-10 HP with increased response in the low to midrange.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #102
TSSUNAMI

I decided to throw up a pic of my DRL's operating with the stock DRL bulbs and headlights so that it can be compared easily later.

I've got a set of P13W's on the way from Gen5Diy, as well as red LED footwell and dome lights, wired to a switch that will let me control the foot well lights independently of my dome light. SSRS55 has the same setup and he wired it up to put the switch into the cigarette lighter. I had to copy this once I saw it since it looks so sweet.

I also got a chance to visit with Spike III yesterday and he had a "present" laying around his garage for me. An aluminum cup holder insert. I've wanted one of these for a while so here's a pic of that too! I'm thinking of painting it a gloss red, but may hold off until I do more interior mods. I would like to eventually have the center console painted by Lupe, as well as adding 2ss door and dash panels. Either way, here's a pic of the new cup holder insert! My first interior mod, from the guy who has hands down the SICKEST interior in any 5th gen I've ever seen. Thanks Spike!

Last pic is of my car at the end of the day after being waxed and washed. Can't WAIT for more nice weather so I can get some proper pics up here. (yes, it's photoshopped. god forbid we actually get some sunshine here in NY)
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #103
TSSUNAMI

And while I'm motivated here's a before and after shot.

First pic, Last summer. Lowered, with emblempros camaro letters.

Second pic. Current pic, after new wheels, tires, and stripes.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #104
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Looks really good,especially that interior cup holder cover. The lady of the house should be very happy with you. The cheapest mod to date you have installed & the easiest.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #105
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Your Camaro is really coming along! Love all the mods, especially the wheels! Way to step up and pay forward Spike!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #106
TSSUNAMI

Oh she's happy with me alright LOL One more mod and I'm on the couch :-( LMAO I need to really start prioritizing or I'll be living in my camaro JK. She's a saint I swear. She knows the car makes me happy. So she puts up with my constant talking about it, spending money on it etc.

Thanks again for the cup insert Spike! Looks great in there.

Thanks to you too Mike! You know your car is a bit of an inspiration for me (may not look it yet, but I love and plan to emulate a few of the mods that you've done)

Thanks guys!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #107
TSSUNAMI

New DRL's from Gen5Diy

I love the way they look, MAJOR improvement over the factory driving lamps. Paired up with the harness I can roll out with my halos and DRL's whenever I want.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #108
CRTZL1

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSUNAMI View Post
New DRL's from Gen5Diy

I love the way they look, MAJOR improvement over the factory driving lamps. Paired up with the harness I can roll out with my halos and DRL's whenever I want.
Awesome kid!!!
Where did you ever get such an awesome harness?

Much better improvement, now let's work on that hideous front plate, I mean come on dude your killing that beautiful looking car wit that eye sore!!

P.s. If it really did say bad ass mother f××ker in reality I'd be all for it!!
CRTZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #109
TSSUNAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRS55 View Post
Awesome kid!!!
Where did you ever get such an awesome harness?

Much better improvement, now let's work on that hideous front plate, I mean come on dude your killing that beautiful looking car wit that eye sore!!

P.s. If it really did say bad ass mother f××ker in reality I'd be all for it!!
Dude, a front fascia replacement was on my to do list until I drove your car and heard that solo mach xl catback.... vrrooommmmmmmm
Old 04-16-2013, 07:41 AM   #110
TSSUNAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ja45owry View Post
I peeled the backing paper from the stripe, and saturated the sticky side of the vinyl with the solution as well.
It definitely made maneuvering the vinyl much more painless, I think the solution also makes pulling the air bubbles out from beneath the vinyl easier.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #111
TSSUNAMI

Had a rare night out on the town with no kids last night. While it was raining out, and the wife got some "demon" eyes in the pic, I still love the picture. Figured I'd share here
Attached Images

Old 04-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #112
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
great pic man no matter what.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:44 AM   #113
CRTZL1

Quote:
Had a rare night out on the town with no kids last night. While it was raining out, and the wife got some "demon" eyes in the pic, I still love the picture. Figured I'd share here
Yo let me get that chicks digits kid!

Cool picture man!!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #114
TSSUNAMI

Quote:
Yo let me get that chicks digits kid!

Cool picture man!!
Just showed this her Eric, Alex says and I quote "Tell him I would kill him in 5 minutes."

So I ask her "Who, Eric's wife?"

She replies " No, ME!"

Hahahahahha

@Pierre Brother thank you! BTW I've been following your build for months. I LOVE your car.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:26 AM   #115
CRTZL1

Quote:
Just showed this her Eric, Alex says and I quote "Tell him I would kill him in 5 minutes."

So I ask her "Who, Eric's wife?"

She replies " No, ME!"

Hahahahahha

@Pierre Brother thank you! BTW I've been following your build for months. I LOVE your car.

Oh I think I get it by 'killing me' she means cause of my car addiction/fetish.... right?
Old 04-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #116
TSSUNAMI

Quote:
Oh I think I get it by 'killing me' she means cause of my car addiction/fetish.... right?
Yeah lol that's what she meant my dude! It took you like three weeks to do what I did in two years to my car

Where's ya build thread already
Old 04-18-2013, 06:55 AM   #117
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Quote:
Hey man great pic! It's nice to get a rare night out without the kids for sure!
Old 04-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #118
TSSUNAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Hey man great pic! It's nice to get a rare night out without the kids for sure!
I tell ya brother they're the light of my life LOL But it's sure is nice to take the woman out on a "date."

See you saturday man!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #119
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Everything looks great!! I love the hood spears!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:27 PM   #120
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
Everything looks great!! I love the hood spears!
I agree, can't wait to see it in person!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #121
TSSUNAMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
I agree, can't wait to see it in person!
Thanks my dude (thank you too Aubrey)

You coming to wgi tomorrow? Lmk about those stripes. Schedule is hectic as always but I'm sure you're dying to get them on.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #122
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Thanks my dude (thank you too Aubrey)

You coming to wgi tomorrow? Lmk about those stripes. Schedule is hectic as always but I'm sure you're dying to get them on.
No I have to work, Wednesday I am getting the stripes on at this place in Dewitt. Figured it would be easier than trying to get mine, yours and Ron's schedules to match up.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #123
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS
You sir have a beautiful car. I like everything you have done with it especially the exhaust sound . If you keep this up I predict a COW
Old 04-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #124
ssmike
Missing Big Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
You sir have a beautiful car. I like everything you have done with it especially the exhaust sound . If you keep this up I predict a COW
Old 04-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #125
TSSUNAMI

Thanks so much Mike and Jose! COTW would definitely be an honor, I'm a ways off from that level of win I feel like I need to add a few more personal touches, some interior paint work like the two of you are sporting. Also, after driving on the track I want to do a little suspension work too. I'm pretty much only doing small stuff for the rest of this summer though. Ballin on a budget ftw here haha.

I definitely loved the interior work on Puertoricanfont's car. I'm going to give River City a call once I get caught up from the last round of mods and see what kind of magic he can work on my plain jane 1SS interior.

Mike, Glad your catch can issues got resolved. I was looking forward to meeting you and seeing Big Red in person! Pics never do these cars justice.

Gotta say those laps were addicting. I cannot WAIT to go again.

Some pics from the glen added to page 1 of this thread, first post. Few more pics on the UpstateC5 thread. I suck =/ I didn't take enough pics at all. Most of them were of my car too. I really wanted to get some good pics of the rest of the group but I was EXHAUSTED. I was running on pure adrenaline while on the track and I crashed out pretty bad, especially after eating at the restaurant. I didn't even stay for the go karts, which looked like a BLAST. Like I said in the club thread, I'm taking the night before off and sleeping so I can be a freaking human when we all meet up. My level of tiredness can generally be equated to how many times I say "duuude" in a sentence.

I think my average conversation on sat was like: "Duuude, that was awesome Dude!" Or "Duude your lights are baller tho Duuude" I think I regress into my teenage self when I'm delerious HAHAHA.

Tags
big worm graphix, camaro 1ss, cyber gray camaro, forgestar f14, pfadt springs lowering