Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

Wheels / Tires Wheels, tires, and related products.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #1051
LG Motorsports

Drives: Camaro SS , Corvette ZR1, GT2 race
Hi Guys,

sorry for not updating sooner but I finally have information on the delivery. It would not make sense to just come in and say that we really didn't know the exact ship date.

SO. I can tell you that we are having 15 car sets shipped air freight to us leaving the manufacturer on May 10th.
That should put them in our hands no later than 3-5 days after that.
We plan on going by the Date of the deposit to deliver the first 15 car sets to the first 15 deposit place holders.

It also means that we should receive the complete order around the end of the month or +/- a few days. Depends on shipping and customs clearance.

I really apologize for the mix up and patent issues that had to be cured before we completed our run of wheels. We also had to change the molds but again, not your problem. It was ours.
With all that in mind, we will receive and ship the first 15 car sets immediately after we receive them in less than 2 weeks.

in 100 years, none of us will care, right? But in the next 100 Days, some of you will be really happy. Including LGM because we were put on the spot and jumped the gun thinking our original design would pass muster.

thanks again for your patience. My direct apologies to some of the longest deposit place holders.

Anthony will keep you posted just in case there is any issue. I will be in the bunker with my head covered if anything happens!!

thanks

Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:15 PM   #1052
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Great news!!! Anyway that i can find out if im in the 1st 15 sets?
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #1053
LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpj3169 View Post
LG is trying to get the first order or a portion of it shipped express at their cost. I couldn't imagine how much it would cost to have each set of rims dropped shipped express from China!

A LOT !

What I can tell you is that anyone who put up a deposit before today will get a $100 credit on any in house LGM purchase made during the next 6 months to repay you for understanding.

If you add up everything, the early guys got a heck of a deal. thank You!

Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports
Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #1054
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
If its shipping air and it takes 3-5 days, then its safe to assume these wheels are made in china????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 05-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #1055
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
If its shipping air and it takes 3-5 days, then its safe to assume these wheels are made in china????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????????????
YES!!! They are
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
Old 05-03-2013, 03:55 PM   #1056
LG Motorsports

Quote:
Yes, exactly where 97% of GM wheels are made. In fact, i went to a source at GM to find one of their suppliers to build our wheels using a pressure casting method which is stronger and lighter than a normal cast wheel.

I took these wheels to the Circuit of the Americas for a 2 full day test so we could validate them and make sure that they conformed to all the GM standards and they passed with flying colors. :thumbs:

Thanks

Lou G

Here's the list of the top 2011 model-year vehicles on Cars.com's list, and their percentage of domestic parts:

Toyota Camry: 80%.
Honda Accord: 80%.
Chevrolet Malibu: 75%.
Ford Explorer: 85%.
Honda Odyssey: 75%.
Toyota Sienna: 75%.
Jeep Wrangler: 78% for 2-door, 79% for 4-door.
Chevrolet Traverse: 75%.
Toyota Tundra: 80%.
GMC Acadia: 75%.

Corvette has 25% made overseas. 95% of all brake parts on US Cars come from overseas.

GM using bail out money, just built 7 brand new manufacturing plants---------IN CHINA. I guess now that the Union is on the GM Board and own 35% of GM, they are ok with outsourcing jobs to China. Oh and GM just partnered in the 7 plants with the Chinese Communist GOvernment to build these plants!!

25 years ago, 25% of all jobs in the USA came from manufacturing. TODAY that number is 5%.

If you want that to change, then do not shut down mfg plants----- Shut down the EPA.

These are sad facts that I have watched as I grow older. We should all shed a tear for our America. :(

God Bless America!!
Old 05-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #1057
Demon 1LE
Cool Story, Bro !

Drives: The Scarecrow
what is/was the price on these?
Old 05-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #1058
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolStoryBro View Post
what is/was the price on these?
$1855 shipped
Old 05-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #1059
oachalon

I am not saying its a bad thing, you dont have to throw numbers at me. I travel to China and Taiwan 2-3 times a year for work. The company I work for sources 90% of our parts from China or Taiwan (electronic parts).

China has good factories and bad factories, just like the rest of the world.

Just wanted confirmation, and i do know gm gets most of their wheels from China.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #1060
LG Motorsports

Quote:
I am not saying its a bad thing, you dont have to throw numbers at me. I travel to China and Taiwan 2-3 times a year for work. The company I work for sources 90% of our parts from China or Taiwan (electronic parts).

China has good factories and bad factories, just like the rest of the world.

Just wanted confirmation, and i do know gm gets most of their wheels from China.
No offense taken. i tried like hell to get our wheels built here. we all know the story of the iPhone being built in Shenzhen china. If it was not for that, we could not afford any of the new phones.

too bad that it turned out this way but there is not much we can do.

LG
Old 05-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #1061
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Thanks for the update keeping my fingers crossed I have the wheels by 5/21 (I leave on 5/22) so I can show them off to 400+ Camaros and Firebirds at the FBody Gathering in Atlanta, GA
Old 05-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #1062
oachalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Motorsports View Post
No offense taken. i tried like hell to get our wheels built here. we all know the story of the iPhone being built in Shenzhen china. If it was not for that, we could not afford any of the new phones.

too bad that it turned out this way but there is not much we can do.

LG
Ive been past that foxconn factory multiple times in shenzhen (usually traveling in shenzhen, and the whole guangdong province). It just goes for miles and miles.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:54 PM   #1063
BAWLZ SS

Good to know at least some of us are getting their wheels soon. Unfortunately im not one of those lucky people!!
Old 05-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #1064
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Hi Guys,

sorry for not updating sooner but I finally have information on the delivery. It would not make sense to just come in and say that we really didn't know the exact ship date.

SO. I can tell you that we are having 15 car sets shipped air freight to us leaving the manufacturer on May 10th.
That should put them in our hands no later than 3-5 days after that.
We plan on going by the Date of the deposit to deliver the first 15 car sets to the first 15 deposit place holders.

It also means that we should receive the complete order around the end of the month or +/- a few days. Depends on shipping And customs clearance.

I really apologize for the mix up and patent issues that had to be cured before we completed our run of wheels. We also had to change the molds but again, not your problem. It was ours.
With all that in mind, we will receive and ship the first 15 car sets immediately after we receive them in less than 2 weeks.

in 100 years, none of us will care, right? But in the next 100 Days, some of you will be really happy. Including LGM because we were put on the spot and jumped the gun thinking our original design would pass muster.

thanks again for your patience. My direct apologies to some of the longest deposit place holders.

Anthony will keep you posted just in case there is any issue. I will be in the bunker with my head covered if anything happens!!

thanks

Lou Gigliotti

So Lou for those of us that are not in the top 15 when do u expect to start shipping our wheels? Any idea? Thanks!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #1065
Jpj3169

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
My birthday is June 1st, hope to have them by then, cutting into my 6 month driving season :(
Attached Images

Jpj3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:07 PM   #1066
BAWLZ SS

Dont quote me on this but from my understanding on this is If ur in the 1st 15 lucky people you probably get ur wheels in 2-3 weeks i would say and if not then ur in the same boat im in and we r looking to get them around early to mid June. (ball park)
Old 05-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #1067
Jpj3169

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
Dont quote me on this but from my understanding on this is If ur in the 1st 15 lucky people you probably get ur wheels in 2-3 weeks i would say and if not then ur in the same boat im in and we r looking to get them around early to mid June. (ball park)
I paid in full at the beginning of January, and they told me I wasn't in the top 15
Jpj3169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #1068
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpj3169 View Post
I paid in full at the beginning of January, and they told me I wasn't in the top 15
I would be pissed too. I feel ur pain. Hope all this wait is well worth it!!!
Old 05-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #1069
ZooDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
We also had to change the molds but again, not your problem. It was ours.
So does this mean there is a third design version? Is it the same wheel we have seen?

ZooDad

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
ZooDad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #1070
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooDad View Post
So does this mean there is a third design version? Is it the same wheel we have seen?

ZooDad

No this is the second design/mold. 1st one was stopped by GM so they had to redesign. The wheels on the black ZL1 at the very top of this page are the final design/ wheel/ mold which is the 2nd one. Final product.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #1071
CRAMOS78
Gig'em Aggies

Drives: STROKED 92 CAMARO; 2011 SS/RS RJT
how do we find out if we are in the top 15?
CRAMOS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:43 PM   #1072
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
No this is the second design/mold. 1st one was stopped by GM so they had to redesign. The wheels on the black ZL1 at the very top of this page are the final design/ wheel/ mold which is the 2nd one. it the Final product.
It sounds like the third time they have redesigned it.

If not why bring it up? That was like back in January and has nothing to do with the delay of the second design wheels
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #1073
ZooDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post

If not why bring it up? That was like back in January and has nothing to do with the delay of the second design wheels
Thats the way I am reading it also.
Lou, is this design v2 or v3? Is it the same as displayed in your post?

ZooDad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #1074
BAWLZ SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAMOS78 View Post
how do we find out if we are in the top 15?
Depending on who you ordered your wheels from... Either you got them from Ivan @ Southwest or LG directly, contact your sales person and they should be able to let u know ur standing in line. I paid in full like 2months ago and im #25. Some of the guys on here have been payed in full since like december/January!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post

I belive its the 2nd desing. The reason i think Lou mentioned was because of this delay. There's alot more to it than just making a mold of a wheel, changing a few things and then just start production. They wanted to make sure the second time around that the same thing/ issue will not happen twice. Mold has to get approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooDad View Post
Thats the way I am reading it also.
Lou, is this design v2 or v3? Is it the same as displayed in your post?

I belive its the second design but i could be wrong. Im almost positive it is the 2nd design. That is how im reading it.

I had a chance to speak with Lou yesterday and that didnt come to mind to ask him that as i never though they have gone into doing a 3rd design. Cant wait for these freaken wheels man!! Tires, wheel sensors, lug nuts and locks are waiting here in my garage.
Old 05-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #1075
BAWLZ SS

Are the wheels painted or powder coated? Does anyone know?