Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

Wheels / Tires Wheels, tires, and related products.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 05-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #1076
CRAMOS78
Gig'em Aggies

Drives: STROKED 92 CAMARO; 2011 SS/RS RJT
these are powder coated i believe
CRAMOS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #1077
Blackbat

Drives: Blacked out 2012
I believe that they are powder coated, I think it says some where in this thread.
Blackbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #1078
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbat View Post
I believe that they are powder coated, I think it says some where in this thread.
It also said that these were made in the USA.
chicagobulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:03 AM   #1079
LG Motorsports

Drives: Camaro SS , Corvette ZR1, GT2 race
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagobulls View Post
It also said that these were made in the USA.
Chicago: For a guy who has already placed your order for a competitor's wheel, you seem to be obsessed with posting in our wheel thread with negative comments.

You seem to be trying to convince yourself that you made the right choice by bashing us and our wheel.

I suggest that you enjoy your wheel decision and stop trying to find fault with LG and our wheel.

I will try to answer some other members questions now:

***design version: I went through 4-5 design versions before we had our molds changed. But we only had 2 versions made that actually had samples produced. The wheel design that we settled on is what is coming in. Needless to say we had lawyers looking at our design all the way through the process. (Somehow lawyers always get their cut)

****. Testing: we use an OEM wheel manufacturer that meets or exceeds all the OEM specs. In addition, we did on track durability tests for 2 full days to validate them as well.

I am pushing hard to expedite the shipping to make sure there are no new glitches. I can not tell you enough times how sorry we are for all the delays.

Having said all that, we are looking forward to delivering a great wheel for the Camaro owners to enjoy.

Thanks again guys.

Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports
LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #1080
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS,Born 9/14/09 @ 11:50:57
Thanks Lou cannot wait to get my LG wheels
Old 05-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #1081
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Motorsports View Post
Chicago: For a guy who has already placed your order for a competitor's wheel, you seem to be obsessed with posting in our wheel thread with negative comments.

You seem to be trying to convince yourself that you made the right choice by bashing us and our wheel.

I suggest that you enjoy your wheel decision and stop trying to find fault with LG and our wheel.

I will try to answer some other members questions now:

***design version: I went through 4-5 design versions before we had our molds changed. But we only had 2 versions made that actually had samples produced. The wheel design that we settled on is what is coming in. Needless to say we had lawyers looking at our design all the way through the process. (Somehow lawyers always get their cut)

****. Testing: we use an OEM wheel manufacturer that meets or exceeds all the OEM specs. In addition, we did on track durability tests for 2 full days to validate them as well.

I am pushing hard to expedite the shipping to make sure there are no new glitches. I can not tell you enough times how sorry we are for all the delays.

Having said all that, we are looking forward to delivering a great wheel for the Camaro owners to enjoy.

Thanks again guys.

Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports

Hahaha are you serious?

When did I put your wheels down? I'm just shooting facts, asking questions, and your calling that bashing?

You need to stop lying and bashing people who ask questions you don't have a good answer to.

These were supposed to be delivered to customers days ago.

So are these powder coated? You still haven't answered that

So these are made in the USA? You previously said that they were made in the USA

Why don't you work on answering your customers questions instead of giving false info?

I can't believe you would post something like this, very unprofessional IMO coming from you especially, why don't you deliver the wheels to customers first and then I will stop asking questions because we will finally be able to get answers.

And I have not placed an order yet but just submitted a request for my wheels, I have not paid a dime for any wheels yet!

I was still interested in these wheels because the design is good, but why the hostility? Are you afraid of me lol. I guess my questions, you don't have answers to.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #1082
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

So are these powder coated?

Me and a few others wanted to know.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #1083
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Hahaha are you serious?

When did I put your wheels down? I'm just shooting facts, asking questions, and your calling that bashing?

You need to stop lying and bashing people who ask questions you don't have a good answer to.

These were supposed to be delivered to customers days ago.

So are these powder coated? You still haven't answered that

So these are made in the USA? You previously said that they were made in the USA

Why don't you work on answering your customers questions instead of giving false info?

I can't believe you would post something like this, very unprofessional IMO coming from you especially, why don't you deliver the wheels to customers first and then I will stop asking questions because we will finally be able to get answers.

And I have not placed an order yet but just submitted a request for my wheels, I have not paid a dime for any wheels yet!

I was still interested in these wheels because the design is good, but why the hostility? Are you afraid of me lol. I guess my questions, you don't have answers to.
He actually said what I was feeling about your post's as well. Between these LG wheel threads and the FR threads you come off as a jerk, unlike the other guys in these threads who were just upset, you had what felt like a motive behind your post that was less than honorable. I was feeling like these other guys were with an update here towards the end, they just wanted answers you wanted to smear their name period. You mat not think so but it was pretty evident.

Also Lou said he tried like heck to get these made in the USA, which is why the initial information that came out was that they would be made in the USA. But as he very clearly explained in his reply, they are not, despite his best efforts. So what more do you want? He came out and told us they were made in China, get over it.

Plus you have decided what wheels you are going with, why don't you just leave this thread and stop stirring the pot. which is exactly what you were doing, and some of us could obviously see that.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #1084
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
He actually said what I was feeling about your post's as well. Between these LG wheel threads and the FR threads you come off as a jerk, unlike the other guys in these threads who were just upset, you had what felt like a motive behind your post that was less than honorable. I was feeling like these other guys were with an update here towards the end, they just wanted answers you wanted to smear their name period. You mat not think so but it was pretty evident.

Also Lou said he tried like heck to get these made in the USA, which is why the initial information that came out was that they would be made in the USA. But as he very clearly explained in his reply, they are not, despite his best efforts. So what more do you want? He came out and told us they were made in China, get over it.

Plus you have decided what wheels you are going with, why don't you just leave this thread and stop stirring the pot. which is exactly what you were doing, and some of us could obviously see that.
Are these powder coated?
Old 05-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #1085
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post

I am interested as to what sets these wheels apart from the "other wheels". It really is strange when I get assaulted for asking questions, and stating obvious things.

If Lou answered mine and the other posters questions, then I wouldn't be on here asking the same questions.

Are you mad I bring up them being made in USA, when many customers believe they are made in the USA still?

How about the ship date?

Are these powdercoated? Two posters believe they are, just behind my posts.

How about the no updates for 11 days straight?

Yes I'm a jerk because I point out the obvious
Old 05-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #1086
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Made in China….all you kooks header guys better cancel your orders…hahaha!

Nice looking wheels…good luck selling them.

ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #1087
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss/rs-matt View Post
Made in China….all you kooks header guys better cancel your orders…hahaha!

Nice looking wheels…good luck selling them.
Not a big deal to most people if made in China or USA, but USA products are believed to be of higher quality, and stops American businesses from exporting jobs to Asia.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #1088
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Lou mentioned they are made in China at the same place that makes the GM wheels, and the wheels are powder coated.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #1089
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Lou mentioned they are made in China at the same place that makes the GM wheels, and the wheels are powder coated.
Good to hear they are powdercoated! Sounds like they will be more durable than the OEM ZL1 wheels.

And thanks Pewterz, you are the man. I'm pulling for you to get the wheels on your car before your meet. A blacked out camaro with a stock look

Last edited by chicagobulls; 05-05-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #1090
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Quote:
Good to hear they are powdercoated! Sounds like they will be more durable than the OEM ZL1 wheels.

And thanks Pewterz, you are the man. I'm pulling for you to get the wheels on your car before your meet. A blacked out camaro with all stock parts
Thanks me too
Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #1091
Fish-man
SS HWSE

Drives: too many to say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
ZL1 OEM wheels are made in Ohio by Alcoa using forged 6061.
Lou said one of the OEM mfrs in China is what he is using. There are several to pick from... Could be where the SS wheels were made, or LT wheels.
Fish-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #1092
LG Motorsports

Quote:

And thanks Pewterz, you are the man. I'm pulling for you to get the wheels on your car before your meet. A blacked out camaro with a stock look
Guys,
I just contacted the manufacturer to see for sure if they are powder coated or painted. I actually don't know for sure and I can't tell from looking at the set on my own car.

I know they hang all the wheels on a moving track and spray them and it goes through a big oven. Comes out the other side all black.

we had our Corvette GT2 wheels done there and I just never bothered to see which way they were putting the coating on.

Either way, i should know for sure in a couple of days.

The Alcoa Forged Stampings that the OEM ZL1 wheels are made from is a very expensive process but a very nice wheel. That is why they are selling for so much.
Our ZR28 wheel is a pressure casting that uses the pressure to remove bubbles and voids that happen with just a gravity casting. much stronger and much lighter than a gravity casting. This process is just two steps below the full Forged ZL1 wheel.

The next step up would be a "Spin Cast" which is a pressure casting for the outer spokes and outer rim but the inner bell would be cast as tear drops then put on a new spinning machine tool and Spun like a 2 piece wheel inner bell would be spun. The difference is that it is not a 2 piece, but just connected where the casting ends and the spinning begins.

We tried to get our Corvette wheels built in 09 using this "Spin Cast" process but it was a company that was tied to old GM and they went out of business when GM filed bankruptcy.

We are really glad that we found a good company that does a great job with our wheels. the mold/tooling cost went up 50% when we had to change the entire outer mold half. So be it.

we should see some of the wheels here soon with the rest following right behind by a couple of weeks or so.

Thanks again for understanding. I will post up my car with the ZR28 wheels already on it.

Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports

Last edited by LG Motorsports; 05-06-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #1093
LG Motorsports

I added a couple of photos of the ZR 28 wheel on a Red ZL1.

Thanks

Lou G

Old 05-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #1094
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Dang that looks good. You guys are just teasing now!!! Lol ohhhh man im exited!!!! =D wheels look awsome Lou!!!!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #1095
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie

Yea those are SEXY
Old 05-06-2013, 06:15 PM   #1096
chicagobulls
one car wolfpack

Awesome Looking wheels.

Hmm Hopefully they are powdercoated.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #1097
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Would love a set but too rich for my blood. Some of the complaints are just silly. I understand being upset by having to wait, but you should just be thankful you can all afford to change your wheels 6 times.

Just sit back and wait. You'll have them by summer.
SS Fascia
Factory RS HIDs
Plasma P13W fog lights
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
3 inch round cut, rolled exhaust tips
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels, Nitto Motivos
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:32 PM   #1098
BAWLZ SS

Drives: '10 Camaro LS3 2SS/RS, 1968 Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
Would love a set but too rich for my blood. Some of the complaints are just silly. I understand being upset by having to wait, but you should just be thankful you can all afford to change your wheels 6 times.

Just sit back and wait. You'll have them by summer.
To everybody their own! Some of us are not as patient as others!!!!
Performance- Kooks Headers w/HF cats, ZL1 Corsa exhaust, VMax, CAI Inc. CAI, MGW shifter, RX CC Suspension - KW V3 Coilovers/ Full PFADT & BMR suspension Appearance - ZL1 Fascia/Sides/ Diffuser, AAC Afterburners, RK Sport 3pc Spoiler, SLP Black out Kit
BAWLZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #1099
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAWLZ SS View Post
To everybody their own! Some of us are not as patient as others!!!!
I know I'm just being a stupid head about it lol
I've had LS wheels on my car for 2 years. Anybody here wanna Toss me their old wheels? Jk.

But I mean, if I could afford a set, I would just be excited to have them by summer.
SS Fascia
Factory RS HIDs
Plasma P13W fog lights
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
3 inch round cut, rolled exhaust tips
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels, Nitto Motivos
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #1100
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Dang....those look good. I'm thinking of selling my 22's and getting a set of these.