Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

View our official forum sponsors list.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #645
01pewterz28
Camaro Junkie
 
01pewterz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT/RS AKA ZLRS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: CENTRAL FLORIDA
Posts: 8,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
this, that'd be pretty good
I would be happy with a firm ship date this is holding up my decision.
__________________
01pewterz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #646
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,194
I just want my Gold Plated option back.............

In reality, they'll be great! I'm anxious to see em too and can't wait. I mean, I can because I have to, but I'm just as excited!

Ivan

Last edited by Ivan @ Southwest Speed; 01-08-2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: misspell
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #647
JuneBug
 
JuneBug's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 8
Yea I have an invoice waiting in my email for the cost that i really want to pay but I am a little worried about the time frame now since at first we were told end of december/begining of january and now we havent even seen a finished product....
JuneBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #648
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBug View Post
Yea I have an invoice waiting in my email for the cost that i really want to pay but I am a little worried about the time frame now since at first we were told end of december/begining of january and now we havent even seen a finished product....
I'm with ya and totally understand folk's perspectives as well.

I know Lou is going to jump on here today (or the other thread) and shed some light.

Looking forward to these and getting them out asap as too!!

Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Last edited by Ivan @ Southwest Speed; 01-08-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #649
LG Motorsports

 
Drives: Camaro SS , Corvette ZR1, GT2 race
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: wylie
Posts: 57
UP DATE FOR ZR28 WHEELS

Hi Guys,

I have an update for you. As some of you already know, GM put out a Cease and Desist order to stop using the name that GM has copyrighted, (ZL1) so we took that down, but GM also wanted to have us stop producing our wheel (and other companies making "Replica wheelsl)
Our wheel is different in many ways from what they have in a "Design Patent" for on their wheel.

I had to get a lawyer and a Patent engineer to determine that our ZR28 wheel does not infringe on the GM Design patent in many areas.

BUT because GM has a little more money than LG Motorsports does, we decided to make a mold change that will totally eliminate any confusion.

We are sure that this change will meet the letter of the law while at the same time, should still satisfy all of our Customers and Dealers to be a desirable wheel.

We plan on getting our own "Design patent" for our "ZR28 WHEEL".

HEY, they can't patent Flat Black or all 20" wheels now can they.

The mold change will put us back a bit time wise.

For all those who already have their deposits up, we will also reduce your price another $100 per set for letting your deposits stay in your dealers hands for the extra 2 months that it will take to produce the wheels.

Once you see the final product, if you don't like the design change then LGM will refund your deposit and give you a $50 store credit as well.

We have been in business since 1988 as LG Motorsports. We have not lasted this long by not doing the right thing by our customers and dealers.

YOU are the life blood for our company and we are here to provide you with great products and to be the most honorable company that we can be.

Thanks for all your support. We look forward to having the best looking Camaro Wheel in America!! and at a price that will work.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports
LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #650
grocerygetter
instigator
 
grocerygetter's Avatar
 
Drives: Black on black 2009 C6
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: 72034
Posts: 3,966
I think that's pretty stand-up of LG. cool.
__________________
-John S.

2014 GMC CC Z71, 2009 C6 vette (672/639 at the wheel and less than 3300lbs)
2010 Camaro 2ss/rs---SOLD 4/15/14
-654whp with a few cosmetic things, Pfadt suspension, Vortech, CircleD, GPI ss3 vvt bump stick, gears, stuff in between,18" TSW N'rings for drag duty, 20" Forgestar F14s for street.

Thanks to:
Tony@ dv8motoring
rhino@ Gwatney Chevrolet/GPI Jacksonville AR
TCAudio in Benton AR
grocerygetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #651
IBMcamaroIBM
 
Drives: IBM
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Motorsports View Post
Hi Guys,

I have an update for you. As some of you already know, GM put out a Cease and Desist order to stop using the name that GM has copyrighted, (ZL1) so we took that down, but GM also wanted to have us stop producing our wheel (and other companies making "Replica wheelsl)
Our wheel is different in many ways from what they have in a "Design Patent" for on their wheel.

I had to get a lawyer and a Patent engineer to determine that our ZR28 wheel does not infringe on the GM Design patent in many areas.

BUT because GM has a little more money than LG Motorsports does, we decided to make a mold change that will totally eliminate any confusion.

We are sure that this change will meet the letter of the law while at the same time, should still satisfy all of our Customers and Dealers to be a desirable wheel.

We plan on getting our own "Design patent" for our "ZR28 WHEEL".

HEY, they can't patent Flat Black or all 20" wheels now can they.

The mold change will put us back a bit time wise.

For all those who already have their deposits up, we will also reduce your price another $100 per set for letting your deposits stay in your dealers hands for the extra 2 months that it will take to produce the wheels.

Once you see the final product, if you don't like the design change then LGM will refund your deposit and give you a $50 store credit as well.

We have been in business since 1988 as LG Motorsports. We have not lasted this long by not doing the right thing by our customers and dealers.

YOU are the life blood for our company and we are here to provide you with great products and to be the most honorable company that we can be.

Thanks for all your support. We look forward to having the best looking Camaro Wheel in America!! and at a price that will work.

Thanks

Lou Gigliotti
LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
Sorry guys, just have some engineering drawings right now. I'll see if I can clean it up a bit to post, or I might have a new rendering in a day or so.
what about the engineering drawings, sorry but you told us stuff we basically already knew besides the 100 dollar discount and 50 dollar store credit. is it that hard to post a picture of a drawing ? thanks anyway for the update
IBMcamaroIBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #652
LIL QIK
 
LIL QIK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Manvel, Tx.
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerygetter View Post
I think that's pretty stand-up of LG. cool.
x2
LIL QIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #653
blake2010ss

 
blake2010ss's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: stone mountain, GA
Posts: 2,030
Send a message via AIM to blake2010ss Send a message via MSN to blake2010ss
Im in for waiting... just curious how much change there is.
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
678whp/630wtq
Motor work/NA Tune by Spartan Performance
Boost/Tune by Florida Speed and Power

ECS, Meth, Cammed, Suspenion
blake2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:12 PM   #654
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,194
So there you have it.....$100 off for those who waited and a $50 credit. That's pretty badass.

Now that set of LG Headers or Cam you wanted is a little cheaper!

Hit us up as we'll honor that deal as well.

Thanks folks!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #655
mgaspari

 
mgaspari's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 914
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake2010ss View Post
Im in for waiting... just curious how much change there is.
same cant wait to see some drawings , appreciate the 100 dollar discount! thats pretty cool.
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:14 PM   #656
Ivan @ Southwest Speed
 
Ivan @ Southwest Speed's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Rio Rancho, NM
Posts: 12,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
same cant wait to see some drawings , appreciate the 100 dollar discount! thats pretty cool.
I like $100.....you like it too??! What a surprise!!

Heck yeah, that's a nice gesture for folks!! Weeeee!

Ivan @ Southwest Speed
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #657
LG Motorsports

 
Drives: Camaro SS , Corvette ZR1, GT2 race
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: wylie
Posts: 57
Hi Guys,

I don't want to spoil the well until we get our own Design patent like GM did

I will try to speed up the process but as you can see, doing business in this environment is not easy.
The irony is that our tax dollars kept them alive and now our tax dollars are attacking the same businesses who's taxes paid for it. Awesome!
LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #658
Adrenaline12
 
Adrenaline12's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy Green 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ocean, NJ
Posts: 338
Kudos for being straight foward.
__________________
[K&N Typhoon] [Tuned] [Stainless Power Headers] [Retro Chambered Cat-back] [Bo Whites Ported TB]
Adrenaline12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.