Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

Wheels / Tires Wheels, tires, and related products.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #101
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
I could care less what it says... If they can make the wheel and it looks as good as the OEM... then I'm all in especially if its in the 1500 range.
What if it said Pencil Dick on it?
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #102
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
when will the final pics come out of the rim? i rather see the actual rim before i put a deposit down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
Looking to deliver the first sets in roughly 90 days. Finishing approval of the mold tooling right now, then production will start after first prototypes are approved.
^^^^
hope this helps
mgaspari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #103
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
If they weighed 25 lbs, they'd be great.
But it looks like they're going to weigh 36 - 38 lbs by the description given.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #104
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
If they weighed 25 lbs, they'd be great.
But it looks like they're going to weigh 36 - 38 lbs by the description given.
The stock forged wheels are around 28 pounds each. So I would assume these to weigh in around 35 lbs pressure cast. We shall see
Old 10-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #105
Fyx

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
I'm interested in these. Couple of questions, if I put a deposit down, when will the full payment be due? When they're ready to ship? Also, how much is shipping generally on something like this? Never bought wheels before.

Finally, what size tires should I be looking to run? Will I need spacers or anything for an SS or will they fit just fine?

Thanks.
Fyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #106
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post

$1699 a set but if you put your deposit in before October 31st, you'll save $100.

Deposits are being taken, get at either us or LG directly!

Gonna be a great looking wheel and the price is more than right!
Ivan

Ivan can you guys do chrome?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #107
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
What's with all the chrome option requests? LG is into racing, right? It would not make sense for them to make a wheel heavier than it needs to be.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #108
mgaspari

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post
What's with all the chrome option requests? LG is into racing, right? It would not make sense for them to make a wheel heavier than it needs to be.
people can proabbly even get it chrome dipped for a cheaper?? idk
Old 10-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #109
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
Will the 20x10s fit on the rear for people who want to do a square, rotateable setup?
Please answer this if you know one way or the other...as I'm not interested in an 11" wheel for the rear. In fact, if you guys were offering this style in a 9" wide I'd probably just go that route. Not bitchin...just saying. But I'll go 10s for sure as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whemming View Post
The stock forged wheels are around 28 pounds each. So I would assume these to weigh in around 35 lbs pressure cast. We shall see
Anthony stated in another thread a little while back that these wheels would be heavier than the factory ZL1 wheels and probably in the ballpark range of the stock SS wheels. Anthony, please correct me if that is wrong.

If the are the same as the stock SS wheels, or just a bit heavier I don't think I'd mind much. If they are much heavier, I don't know if I'd go for them. If they are a tad lighter....thats just a sweet bonus!

As stated before, you guys are going to sell these like freaking hot cakes....most popular wheel for the 5th gen guaranteed.

If you guys aren't already making plans to do nice polished clear coated version similar to the polished SS rims, or like the image shown of the polished ZL1 wheel posted in this thread a few times....you may as well get it in the works because thats going to be as big or a bigger seller than the black. I know thats what I'll be waiting on.

Until then, thank you so much for working to bring these wheels to the market....I know what my next big Camaro purchase is going to be.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:31 PM   #110
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
Well this guy is interested. I'd be happy if they were a few pounds lighter than the stockers I have.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:22 AM   #111
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '10 2SS/RS, '96 Z28
They're only gonna be in the matte black initially. If it gets crazy and folks are all over these, sure ill expect LG to open up some options.

I can say this for sure!!!!

They'll be heavier than stock ZL1 wheels.
They'll be less than half the price.

Personally, that's way more than enough reason for me (as a customer) to do backflips.

Call me crazy.
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #112
mgaspari

Satin black , with a gloss look to it**
Old 10-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #113
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
So glad i waited !! I will be getting a set of these. Come on BONUS !!!
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #114
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

You know you need these! Bump for the best deal on the baddest and hottest wheel arriving soon!

Word up!
Ivan
Old 10-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #115
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
when will the final pics come out of the rim? i rather see the actual rim before i put a deposit down
I already have the engineering drawings of the wheels and going over that now. I'm going to say I should have a set of prototype's here in 20 days maybe? As soon as I do, and they are approved I'll post pictures. I might have some CAD drawings of them I can post, but a wheel has not been made yet.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #116
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
They're only gonna be in the matte black initially. If it gets crazy and folks are all over these, sure ill expect LG to open up some options.

I can say this for sure!!!!

They'll be heavier than stock ZL1 wheels.
They'll be less than half the price.

Personally, that's way more than enough reason for me (as a customer) to do backflips.

Call me crazy.
Ivan

It's going to be that satin finish

Last edited by Anthony @ LG Motorsports; 12-06-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:10 PM   #117
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post

These will not come chrome, but I have places that can do it. I'll have to get pricing once they see the wheels. Figure probably $800-1000 to do a set of them though by the time they strip them and dip them.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #118
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Please answer this if you know one way or the other...as I'm not interested in an 11" wheel for the rear. In fact, if you guys were offering this style in a 9" wide I'd probably just go that route. Not bitchin...just saying. But I'll go 10s for sure as well.

Anthony stated in another thread a little while back that these wheels would be heavier than the factory ZL1 wheels and probably in the ballpark range of the stock SS wheels. Anthony, please correct me if that is wrong.

If the are the same as the stock SS wheels, or just a bit heavier I don't think I'd mind much. If they are much heavier, I don't know if I'd go for them. If they are a tad lighter....thats just a sweet bonus!

As stated before, you guys are going to sell these like freaking hot cakes....most popular wheel for the 5th gen guaranteed.

If you guys aren't already making plans to do nice polished clear coated version similar to the polished SS rims, or like the image shown of the polished ZL1 wheel posted in this thread a few times....you may as well get it in the works because thats going to be as big or a bigger seller than the black. I know thats what I'll be waiting on.

Until then, thank you so much for working to bring these wheels to the market....I know what my next big Camaro purchase is going to be.

Still working on a 10" rear...but right now I wouldn't count on it as we are trying to get them out there and the 10/11 has been the most requested.

I don't want to state a weight until I have one in my hands though.

Last edited by Anthony @ LG Motorsports; 12-06-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #119
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
I'm surprised with all the threads begging for replica ZL1 wheels that this has not blown up! *bump*
Old 10-16-2012, 02:00 PM   #120
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by whemming View Post
I'm surprised with all the threads begging for replica ZL1 wheels that this has not blown up! *bump*
Makes 2 of us.....once people realize that this isn't the LG that makes TV's I think that it will. Goes for the rest of LG's lineup. Unless folks get the part thrown in their faces, they don't know where it came from. LOL

LG makes some of, if not the best, Camaro performance parts. They just don't get the attention that others do since they don't bottom dollar their parts.

Hopefully these wheels will change some of that attention deficit.

Ivan
Old 10-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #121
mgaspari

Quote:
Makes 2 of us.....once people realize that this isn't the LG that makes TV's I think that it will. Goes for the rest of LG's lineup. Unless folks get the part thrown in their faces, they don't know where it came from. LOL

LG makes some of, if not the best, Camaro performance parts. They just don't get the attention that others do since they don't bottom dollar their parts.

Hopefully these wheels will change some of that attention deficit.

Ivan
yea i rather pay 1590 for a quality replica instead of 800 replica that doesnt nearly ahve the same quality.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:01 PM   #122
Swacer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Can someone please answer me when a painted option will be available?
~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers~UMI Performance Trailing Arms~UMI Performance Tunnel Brace
Swacer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 03:31 PM   #123
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Can someone please answer me when a painted option will be available?
We can strip and paint any of them...as far as the painted option itself, that is going to vary depending on the color. I'll try and get some estimates for you this week.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #124
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
When these take off, and I'm sure they will once they are complete, please look at a 18x11" rear, 18x10" front and 18x5" front.

Not everyone is all show and no go.