Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BORLA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
molsonbrador

 
molsonbrador's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 99 Silverado
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,165
Island Dragway 10-12?

Temps are cooling, leaves are turning, cars are breathing better. Anyone going to Great Meadows T&T tomorrow night?
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonbrador View Post
Temps are cooling, leaves are turning, cars are breathing better. Anyone going to Great Meadows T&T tomorrow night?
We are all heading up to Lebanon on Saturday. The tech is very strict at Island. I got the boot back in March of 2010. I'm not looking to get it again!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #3
DarkneSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,715
I'm hitting up Island Sunday!
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
I'm hitting up Island Sunday!


13 degree upswing in temps from Sat to Sun.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:00 PM   #5
nyny69

 
nyny69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,399
tempting. I could have it ready for tomorrow night
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
tempting. I could have it ready for tomorrow night
The "single" digit cars will be at Lebanon on Saturday. Free autographs for all who attend!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
molsonbrador

 
molsonbrador's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 99 Silverado
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
The "single" digit cars will be at Lebanon on Saturday. Free autographs for all who attend!!
Damn if it weren't 3-1/2 hours away. I'm living in the 12's but I do like seeing the big boys fly. Have to settle for hot dog Johnny's and island rd.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonbrador View Post
Damn if it weren't 3-1/2 hours away. I'm living in the 12's but I do like seeing the big boys fly. Have to settle for hot dog Johnny's and island rd.
Who doesn't enjoy racing in a swamp!! Ill be down there soon enough. This is our last wknd at Lebanon. I'd choose Island if I wasn't going to get tossed on the first pass.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:20 PM   #9
nyny69

 
nyny69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
The "single" digit cars will be at Lebanon on Saturday. Free autographs for all who attend!!
Watching your car run is like a rerun of your favorite TV show. While it's good it also gets boring seeing the same thing time after time.

Now me on the other hand has you at the edge of your seat. Is he gonna step all the way on the gas. Is he going to break the beams. It goes on and on
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:34 PM   #10
molsonbrador

 
molsonbrador's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 99 Silverado
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,165
Yikes. What have I started.
molsonbrador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
Watching your car run is like a rerun of your favorite TV show. While it's good it also gets boring seeing the same thing time after time.

Now me on the other hand has you at the edge of your seat. Is he gonna step all the way on the gas. Is he going to break the beams. It goes on and on

I'm going to build a drag strip. The side I'll race on will be 1/2 mile long. Your side will still be the 1/4. I figure this should make it fair!!!!!!!!!!!!


You do realize that the goal is EVENTUALLY to improve on your times....Not go backwards! Shit, soon enough my kids will be coming to watch you run a 10.99 and those bastards haven't even been born yet!!!!!!!!!!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:26 PM   #12
nyny69

 
nyny69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'm going to build a drag strip. The side I'll race on will be 1/2 mile long. Your side will still be the 1/4. I figure this should make it fair!!!!!!!!!!!!


You do realize that the goal is EVENTUALLY to improve on your times....Not go backwards! Shit, soon enough my kids will be coming to watch you run a 10.99 and those bastards haven't even been born yet!!!!!!!!!!!
blah blah blah. Same ole shit with you. Just like your car. You have become one with it grasshopper.

As for improving I want to be like my idol and gain a .10 every year. So figure 2014 for my 10
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:36 PM   #13
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Posts: 11,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
blah blah blah. Same ole shit with you. Just like your car. You have become one with it grasshopper.

As for improving I want to be like my idol and gain a .10 every year. So figure 2014 for my 10

Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on another 11 second pass. Hey, look at the bright side, you're saving a ton of money not needing to get a cage and slicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:52 PM   #14
nyny69

 
nyny69's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on another 11 second pass. Hey, look at the bright side, you're saving a ton of money not needing to get a cage and slicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
why u mad bro. If I follow the path that you've blazed I have at least another 100 passes to go before I need to worry about getting a 10. C'mon, you've set the bar really high with them 2 9s passes in 2.5 years. And lets not forget one was with an assist.

Last edited by nyny69; 10-11-2012 at 11:09 PM.
nyny69 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.