Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Chevy Camaro vs... Comparison of Chevy Camaro versus its competition. *NO STREET RACING STORIES*

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
Nycfinest910
 
Nycfinest910's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 22
My 2011 V6 Camaro vs 2005 Infiniti G35x sedan

I got a 2011 V6 Camaro with a K&N intake, corsa exhaust, and has been tuned with the Hypertech Max Energy Power Programmer and my friend with a 2005 Infiniti g35x sedan (stock) thinks is faster. What do you think?
Nycfinest910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
DarkneSS


 
DarkneSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,583
Auto or manual v6? Auto or manual G?

Why do people never provide enough info?
__________________
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
Nycfinest910
 
Nycfinest910's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 22
Both auto
Nycfinest910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #4
DarkneSS


 
DarkneSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,583
In that case I'd say advantage to the Camaro. If both cars were stock and auto they are about the same as well as manual vs manual. So I's say the Camaro would take the win if he is stock.
__________________
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #5
Nycfinest910
 
Nycfinest910's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 22
Thanks for the help
Nycfinest910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
t-ray
 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: ?
Posts: 41
The g35x is a dog, especially stock. It's hard to make any power on that car with bolt ons, and the auto gearbox is just awful. Yeah, it has awd, but its a hindrance. In good air, a stock 2005 g35x is going to be a high 14 second car.
t-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #7
DarkneSS


 
DarkneSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 3,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ray View Post
The g35x is a dog, especially stock. It's hard to make any power on that car with bolt ons, and the auto gearbox is just awful. Yeah, it has awd, but its a hindrance. In good air, a stock 2005 g35x is going to be a high 14 second car.
Yeah the manual 6 speeds are really where its at. I haven't seen people do much at all with the auto cars.
__________________
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #8
MBS

 
MBS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 1,506
Smoke him man , Then laugh at him, then tell him his car is ugly that should do it.haha
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
BaylorCamaro
AutoX is for fast DRIVERS
 
BaylorCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kemah, TX
Posts: 4,687
Not sure how different the G35 & G37 are, but my buddy has a completely stock G37 (auto) and ran a 13.6x

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
__________________
557 rwhp / 525 rwtq (PFADT Headers & Cats/ Roto-Fab Intake / Ported LSA TB)
Automotive YouTube Channel / My First ZL1 Autocross / Build Thread
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Not sure how different the G35 & G37 are, but my buddy has a completely stock G37 (auto) and ran a 13.6x

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
The G35X in question might run a 14.6 with a DA of 0 on a hero run.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #11
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
In that case I'd say advantage to the Camaro. If both cars were stock and auto they are about the same as well as manual vs manual. So I's say the Camaro would take the win if he is stock.
+1, but the 3.5 liter VQ35DE in it has more torque then the 3.7 liter V6 in G37's...... It will definitely get the jump and may be slightly ahead by the 1/8 mile..... But you should pull(at the minimum) dead even with him by the 1,000 foot mark and slowly walk away a car length or two onto the 1/4 mile mark and this is where your hp advantage will shine through.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:57 AM   #12
Tobey69
 
Drives: nice
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 8
Both auto
Tobey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #13
Dtrimpi87
Banned
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,858
I have a 2004 G35 6 speed as my daily driver. While it's no slouch I would give the win to the Camaro especially for the fact that your buddies G is an auto and carrying the extra weight of the all wheel drive. I've driven a stock auto G35 and it's crap even compared to a stock 6 speed G35.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #14
simt3k

 
Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Edmonton Alberta Canada
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Yeah the manual 6 speeds are really where its at. I haven't seen people do much at all with the auto cars.
I disagree, Ive seen supercharged A6, V6 and twin turbo A6's with a drive train swap that would even give the SS a run for its money. It all comes down to how much you want to spend. Yea an M6 is more performance oriented in terms of the availability of better gearing and has LSD but the A6 V6 Camaro is no Camry.

Seriously comes down to $$$.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #15
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
I disagree, Ive seen supercharged A6, V6 and twin turbo A6's with a drive train swap that would even give the SS a run for its money. It all comes down to how much you want to spend. Yea an M6 is more performance oriented in terms of the availability of better gearing and has LSD but the A6 V6 Camaro is no Camry.

Seriously comes down to $$$.
I think he is talking about the G35, and it never came with a 6-speed auto btw. Only 5.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.