Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Filiatrault9

Drives: 2011 Syn Green 2SS
Chevrolet Car Cover

Good day everyone,

My question today is in regards to the outdoor car covers on sale from chevy. They are on sale here in Canada for $420 before taxes, which is ridiculous so I got it on ebay for $290, but regardless, my question is:

The outdoor cover is not waterproof. I guess it's useful for blocking out the sun which is great, but because its not waterproof, im worried that the moisture under the cover will ruin the paint.

Can anyone shed some light on this ? I tried google-ing it but there's nothing conclusive. I just wanna make sure im not making a big mistake by covering it !
Filiatrault9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
I use the cover but I never put it on a dirty car. Always make sure it is clean ( the cover and the car) and the cover will not rub grit marks into the paint. Lots of wax also protects the paint, use good wax. The cover breathes so moisture evaporates away.
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
To expensive in my book. But depending on where u live it might be worth it. I dont have one here but then again weather is not bad here.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
Beemer
"Red Rocket"

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
There are MUCH better car covers available for the money.

I have two from California Car Covers. Very high quality and soft on the paint.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
There are MUCH better car covers available for the money.

I have two from California Car Covers. Very high quality and soft on the paint.
Yeah. I use Cover Craft, and if you buy direct, they have many levels, and if you buy the leftover remnant material, you get it at a good price. I think mine was $225, and have had it for 2 years in AZ, no water gets through, no paint scratches and looks new.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 06:37 PM   #6
Top Thrill
BOD 5/28/09 #13485

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipercar View Post
I use the cover but I never put it on a dirty car. Always make sure it is clean ( the cover and the car) and the cover will not rub grit marks into the paint. Lots of wax also protects the paint, use good wax. The cover breathes so moisture evaporates away.
+1
I use mine in the summer when my car is parked outside at work. As above only when the car is clean and no rain is on the way.