Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-09-2015, 09:59 AM   #1
xk49

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT Convertible
Dredded P1153 After SC install

Sorrow, it's "Dreaded" and not Dredded.

Here's the history:
Ran the car with headers, high flows and Rotofab CAI with a Diablo Intune 91 octane tune and did not have any CEL's.

Installed E-force SC and kept the the Rotofab CAI. Running the E-force tune that came on the SCT tuner.

Just got the P1153 error after about 75 miles of driving after the SC install.

Edelbrock says in their disclaimer their tune is for the SC mod only. It does not take into account a different CAI or headers so I'm guessing I'm running lean(too much air in/out).

I'm going to be getting a custom tune, but how safe is it to run it right now? Got the A/F gauge sitting on my tool box, but waiting for my pod to come in for the install, plus I got to have bung welded in as well, so I can't readily check it right now.

They say the E-force tune is real conservative, so I'm wondering if it's conservative on the side of running rich and therefore if I've added more air flow in/out I've just leaned it out ever so slightly.

I know I'm asking a stupid question(s) here as I should just get it to the shop to be for sure, but getting to a shop is a major ordeal(I live in the sticks in NH). I just would like to know where I'm on the scale of between "Oh shit captain shes going to blow" to "Drive it like it's your cheating ex-girlfriends car".
Flowmaster Force II Axle back, Kooks LT's and Highflow Cats, Oracle Side Makers, BC Coilovers, E-Force Supercharger, HexVents, ACS T4 Splitter/Rockers/Wind Deflectors, Aeroforce dual pod, Autometer boost/WB analog gauges, MRR M228 20x10 20x11 Nitto Invo 275/315's, Tuned by Slowhawk Performance.
xk49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:57 AM   #2
z3R0fo01

Drives: 2014 1SS RS 1LE tvs2300
I wouldn't drive it with the base tune. The code is because of your headers, so as long as you did not beat on it you are prob ok. If you already have a wideband you could do a remote tune. I went through JRE and it was really easy.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:52 PM   #3
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
Quote:
Originally Posted by xk49 View Post
Sorrow, it's "Dreaded" and not Dredded.

Here's the history:
Ran the car with headers, high flows and Rotofab CAI with a Diablo Intune 91 octane tune and did not have any CEL's.

Installed E-force SC and kept the the Rotofab CAI. Running the E-force tune that came on the SCT tuner.

Just got the P1153 error after about 75 miles of driving after the SC install.

Edelbrock says in their disclaimer their tune is for the SC mod only. It does not take into account a different CAI or headers so I'm guessing I'm running lean(too much air in/out).

I'm going to be getting a custom tune, but how safe is it to run it right now? Got the A/F gauge sitting on my tool box, but waiting for my pod to come in for the install, plus I got to have bung welded in as well, so I can't readily check it right now.

They say the E-force tune is real conservative, so I'm wondering if it's conservative on the side of running rich and therefore if I've added more air flow in/out I've just leaned it out ever so slightly.

I know I'm asking a stupid question(s) here as I should just get it to the shop to be for sure, but getting to a shop is a major ordeal(I live in the sticks in NH). I just would like to know where I'm on the scale of between "Oh shit captain shes going to blow" to "Drive it like it's your cheating ex-girlfriends car".

The code you're getting is for the rear O2 sensors, because of the headers. You can take the o2 out and take it to advance auto parts and find a non fouler it will fit. That should get rid of the code. Your old tune had them turned off. You should be fine driving the car as long as you stay out of Boost/WOT till you get it tuned.

This isn't the one you need but will give you an idea of what they look like.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rn...eDIaAjw88P8HAQ
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 04:07 PM   #4
43Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99 1972 Jeep CJ5
You should be fine for a few days before getting tuned. Just installed my EForce, and ran the can tune for a few days, the dyno tune was a drastic difference. Just drive like an old lady for a few days.
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger / Megan Racing Coilovers / Cunningham Motorsport's Tune / 3.91 GM Gears / CAI / PTB (Tampa Tuning) / Solo Exhaust / Doug Thorley Headers / Eibach Sway Bars / BMR Endlinks / Vitesse Throttle Controller / BMR Strut Tower / BMR Trailing Arms / BMR Subframe Connector / Factory Repo Black Wheels / BMR Bushings / Havoc Diffuser / Debadged / Hines Hex Vents / Morosso Catch Can / Aeroforce Gauges / Blacked out trim....
43Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:34 PM   #5
DiGiam

Drives: 2014 camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Just me but I'd never run a boosted car without a wideband. Did it on my 01 turbo gt and fried the motor when one of my twin pumps bit the dirt. Always use a wideband. It Can save you a ton of money and headaches.
2014 Camaro 2ss RS 1LE. Vitesse TC,#8 fuse pull, ADM intake with scoop,
DiGiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:25 AM   #6
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
First thing, connect your wideband, see how its running. Then get ahold of someone like Matt from FSP or Phil from Tampa Tuning, and get a remote tune. If you have someone close to you with a dyno, then get it to them for a quality tune.

The wideband honestly should have been the first thing installed.
AGP TT kit, Alky Controll dual nozzel meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, FSP custom grind Turbo cam, Dual Valve springs, 25% SLP UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1400hp axles, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000....Built and tuned with pride by FSP 747whp/714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote