Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

PFYC
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #1
19K3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Hit-n-run drivers suck!

***THIS DID NOT HAPPEN TO THE CAMARO.*** It was my 01 Eclipse.

So I decided to stop at the Wendy's half a mile from the apartment on my way home after work today. I was stopped in the drive-thru line, waiting on a few cars in front of me, when I see a car backing up out of a parking spot right towards me. I lay on the horn, to no avail, and as I make eye contact with her as she looks over her shoulder to see who was honking, the b!@#$ continues anyway and slams into my rear bumper. Before I could even set the parking brake, she damn near spins her tires as she hauls tail out of the parking lot, almost hitting another vehicle as she sped off.
I did get her license plate, a description of the car, and a description of her, but she was long gone before the responding officer got in the area.

To top it all off, I had just lowered my coverage from full down to liability on Friday since I was now covering the Camaro in addition to the Eclipse - figured I wouldn't need full coverage anymore on a car that's only worth $6k. So now I'm stuck either having a bumper that wants to keep popping off, or paying out of pocket to fix it.

My fiance did make a decent point thou. My original plan when the Camaro came in was to drive the Eclipse to MI to park it, and bring the Camaro back down to Ft Hood. I'm really glad I decided against that, now.

Any TX police officer wanna run a plate for me?

Old 06-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Old 06-03-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Isn't TAG a cop in TX?

THat sucks bro. Luckily it wasn't the new Camaro.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:21 PM   #4
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight_23 View Post
Isn't TAG a cop in TX?

THat sucks bro. Luckily it wasn't the new Camaro.
My best freind is an Alabama State Trooper. He said it's NOT a good idea to run info out of state because you can't show relevance or whatever. I would imagine it would work the same with jurisdiction within a state as well.
Old 06-03-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
19K3SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
My best freind is an Alabama State Trooper. He said it's NOT a good idea to run info out of state because you can't show relevance or whatever. I would imagine it would work the same with jurisdiction within a state as well.
yeah, and they can get in trouble for it. just gotta have faith that the Killeen PD will find her.

On a side note, the cop asked about my insurance, and I explained how I had just dropped down to liability since the purchase of the new car. And so we talked for a minute (or for several minutes) about the Camaro. So at least he was cool.

Still mad thou.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
JJ#48Racing
Fear the Hawg!

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Have they found her yet? Not like it will matter, I'm sure she wasn't insured.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
19K3SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ#48Racing View Post
Have they found her yet? Not like it will matter, I'm sure she wasn't insured.
No word yet.

I'm wondering about the insurance too. From what I saw of her car, it was newer than mine, and almost appeared to be new enough that it would've had to be financed, and therefore requiring some type of insurance. But then again, this place is the @$$h0!e of Texas, and it wouldn't surprise me if she was driving a brand new car uninsured. Maybe her bank will re-po it if they find out.

I just hope it did more damage to her car than mine. It sounded like it did when she hit me. I could've sworn I had sheet metal damage, broken brake lights, etc. But nothing that extensive on mine, so it must've been hers.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
2SSJIM

Drives: CRT ZL1 #1400
Don't worry... they find her and then you can sue the crap out of her for being stupid!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote