Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Detroit Speed
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
niterat
 
niterat's Avatar
 
Drives: ZLI IOM Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 144
PTM issue

I double tap the stabilitrack button and the DIC tells me I'm in PTM mode, ok. Then it returns to the previous display. When I press either the sport or tour buttons, it should step through the different modes, right? Well. nothing happens when I do that. No change in the DIC display. I've tried this with the engine running and off. Anybody have a similar problem or amI not doing it right?
niterat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,705
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by niterat View Post
I double tap the stabilitrack button and the DIC tells me I'm in PTM mode, ok. Then it returns to the previous display. When I press either the sport or tour buttons, it should step through the different modes, right? Well. nothing happens when I do that. No change in the DIC display. I've tried this with the engine running and off. Anybody have a similar problem or amI not doing it right?
When you enter PTM mode, do the lights on the sport and tour buttons go out?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
Past: 2012 Camaro ZL1 (For sale through Tom Henry Chevrolet)

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
niterat
 
niterat's Avatar
 
Drives: ZLI IOM Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 144
No. Whichever was selected stays lit. I just realized that It may just be my ignorance. I have a convertible. Does that make a difference?
niterat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 6,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by niterat View Post
No. Whichever was selected stays lit. I just realized that It may just be my ignorance. I have a convertible. Does that make a difference?

Yep ... There's your answer
__________________
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,705
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Yep ... There's your answer


Convertibles come equipped with "Competition Mode", not the full-blown PTM system. Double-tap the button and the car becomes more sporty with additional allowed slip through the corners and under acceleration.
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
Past: 2012 Camaro ZL1 (For sale through Tom Henry Chevrolet)

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
niterat
 
niterat's Avatar
 
Drives: ZLI IOM Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kennewick, Washington
Posts: 144
OK I get it now. The owner's manual didn't make any distinction. Thanks for helping me clear that up.
niterat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,705
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by niterat View Post
OK I get it now. The owner's manual didn't make any distinction. Thanks for helping me clear that up.
You got it!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
Past: 2012 Camaro ZL1 (For sale through Tom Henry Chevrolet)

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.