Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #1
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,896
Next Camaro design (as always?) to be influenced by Mustang

From 38:50, GM happy to let Mustang lead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fCWrjcPaFmw

Last edited by Fenderaddict2; 10-21-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Fixed link.
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,158
link blows
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #3
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,896
Seem to have the problem since switching to the iPhone5. I copy and paste what's displayed and... Nothing.
__________________


Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,896
Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=fCWrjcPaFmw
__________________


Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 3,742
Personally if I wanted the gen 6 Camaro to be great I would more look at the higher performing brands and use them as a benchmark. Imagine what it would have been like if GM had made the gen 5 Camaro to compete with the GTR.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
The_Blur
Rock Chalk
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon Super Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,690
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'd like to keep the aggressive, angular lines of the current generation with a more evolutionary turn toward high-end exotics. The Camaro has a history of fighting and being inspired by some high-end cars.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I'd like to keep the aggressive, angular lines of the current generation with a more evolutionary turn toward high-end exotics. The Camaro has a history of fighting and being inspired by some high-end cars.
Not for design I meant for handling performace and power.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,896
I love the basic look of the current car, just wish it was slightly trimmer and less "cartoon-y". Hopefully they respond to the Mustang but chart a fresh course evolving from the current car.
__________________


Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #9
The_Blur
Rock Chalk
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: Demon Super Sport
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,690
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Not for design I meant for handling performace and power.
That's what I meant, too.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 23,428
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I remember watching that interview he talked about a couple months ago and the impression that I got from that wasn't exterior design so much as things like engine options. In fact, I think Al said that in specifically in response to having a turbo4 in the Camaro, I could be wrong though.
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #11
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I remember watching that interview he talked about a couple months ago and the impression that I got from that wasn't exterior design so much as things like engine options. In fact, I think Al said that in specifically in response to having a turbo4 in the Camaro, I could be wrong though.
That would make more sense.
__________________


Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 SS Camaro, 06 Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 12,174
I love Camaro design...for me it has just the right lines....they are hard lines but its not over-done. We loved the concept and that is what GM gave us. "Cartoony" or not, it is still one of the more striking designs on the road (especially in its price range) and I see no need to soften it up too much for the next gen.

I'll be dissapointed if once again, we see yet another American design (Next gen Mustang and Corvette anyone???) turn to European cars for inspiration rather than just evolving from what we currently have.

I can't blame GM if they deviate from the design quite a bit and go with soemthing new (which has happened just about every generation...the closest being gens 1 and 2), but I think an evolutionary step forward using a similar design would also be a smart choice. The current car design is a huge homerun, and using it on a slightly smaller, lighter 6th Gen Alpha platform would be a knockout.
__________________
2016 Camaro 1SS - 8-speed - NPP - Black bowties
2010 Camaro 1LT V6 (Sold. I will miss her!)
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #13
Swacer


 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Imagine what it would have been like if GM had made the gen 5 Camaro to compete with the GTR.
lol

You want a 100% price increase in the cost of the Camaro then?

You can't expect super car performance without super car cost.
__________________
2012 2SS/RS Camaro~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers~UMI Performance Trailing Arms~UMI Performance Tunnel Brace~Elite Engineering Catch Can~VMR V710s
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #14
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 CAMARO, 15 Impala, 07 Colorado
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 20,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I love Camaro design...for me it has just the right lines....they are hard lines but its not over-done. We loved the concept and that is what GM gave us. "Cartoony" or not, it is still one of the more striking designs on the road (especially in its price range) and I see no need to soften it up too much for the next gen.

I'll be dissapointed if once again, we see yet another American design (Next gen Mustang and Corvette anyone???) turn to European cars for inspiration rather than just evolving from what we currently have.

I can't blame GM if they deviate from the design quite a bit and go with soemthing new (which has happened just about every generation...the closest being gens 1 and 2), but I think an evolutionary step forward using a similar design would also be a smart choice. The current car design is a huge homerun, and using it on a slightly smaller, lighter 6th Gen Alpha platform would be a knockout.
I don't understand your statement about the 1st and 2nd gens being the closest in design. To me they were completely different. When the second Gen came out even Chevrolet said it was European influenced. The 3rd and 4th gens were much closer than 1 and 2.

And to the OP several times the Camaro went with a different design philosophy than the mustang. Anyone remember the Mustang II? The Camaro never went that direction. And before that the early 71 to 73 Mustang was no where like the 70's Camaros. In my opinion the only Camaros that were influenced directly by Mustang design were the 1st and 5th gens.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...CAMARO!

The Bird is the word!

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 10-26-2012 at 10:46 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.