Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Old 02-01-2013, 01:28 AM   #1651
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1 #586 View Post
Expel clear bra full front ,(except hood)head lights,DRL lights behind front wheels,gill area,behind rear wheels,mirrors 650.00
As far as the tint not sure about % limo on rear glass, medium on sides ,light on full windshield with limo sun visor, 175.00
The tint installer has been tinting our vehicles for 13 + years.pricing may or may not reflect,I paid a little more for the zl1 from a different installer.
Hope your enjoying your ride
So is this where you clear bra'd it?
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  174.9 KB
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #1652
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
if it makes you feel any better CRT, i left the bar last week (no, i wasn't drunk, i was DD) and decided to follow my passengers' advice and try to show off a little...broke loose and started going sideways, but couldn't get it back under control until after i hopped the curb
here's the result on my front driver side...so now i'm down two wheels, one from shipping and one my own dumb fault
fortunately, i bought the wheel/tire plan from the finance guy, so i'm taking her in tomorrow morning before work to see about replacement.
Attached Images

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:45 AM   #1653
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Tough luck there Ozzy. Since I didn't go with the tire/wheel plan, suppose I should refrain from curb hopping. You spoke of installing vents. Do you intend to keep your vinyl wrap on?
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #1654
Midnight Rat

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Does the plan include curbing? I thought it was only potholes and any road hazzards. Will the warranty just consider that a cosmetic repair? Keep up posted, am thinking about getting the warranty but up in theair about it.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #1655
Zl1 #586

Drives: 2013 zl1 #586
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
So is this where you clear bra'd it?
Attachment 468352
Yes although it includes the full front facia and not the top of the rear 1/4 panel.
Zl1 #586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #1656
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
if it makes you feel any better CRT, i left the bar last week (no, i wasn't drunk, i was DD) and decided to follow my passengers' advice and try to show off a little...broke loose and started going sideways, but couldn't get it back under control until after i hopped the curb
here's the result on my front driver side...so now i'm down two wheels, one from shipping and one my own dumb fault
fortunately, i bought the wheel/tire plan from the finance guy, so i'm taking her in tomorrow morning before work to see about replacement.
I think it's important you and I admitted this as it should help others. These cars are super fun but also very powerful and when pushed even a little can break loose sideways especially if the tires aren't warmed up. My mistake was thinking that an outside temperature of 70 degrees was warm enough. Not at all. The tires were still cold. Two other things that fooled me are that my past car was all wheel drive and my past Camaro was only 245 HP.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #1657
OzzySS

Quote:
What are each of these? Hex vents where?
Somehow missed this until today lol....the ported throttle body is supposed to increase throttle response, the argument continues over any actual hp increase, but it would be small if any (most people say 5-10, of those that say there is an increase). But it's relatively cheap. Looks like around $150 after a core refund of $200.

The hex vents are slightly more expensive - about $350. But they add a mean look, IMO, and do a great job of getting heat out of the engine bay. I think I would try to keep my wrap on there, I just don't wanna give it up until I upgrade the hood.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #1658
OzzySS

Quote:
I think it's important you and I admitted this as it should help others. These cars are super fun but also very powerful and when pushed even a little can break loose sideways especially if the tires aren't warmed up. My mistake was thinking that an outside temperature of 70 degrees was warm enough. Not at all. The tires were still cold. Two other things that fooled me are that my past car was all wheel drive and my past Camaro was only 245 HP.
Yeah, it was probably about 70 when I left, tires had enough time to cool down, and I really wasn't burying my foot either, maybe turning 3500-4000.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #1659
tramtwo

Drives: 2013 1LE
These become totally different cars around 4k. I can slide around corners at very low speeds. Glad it wasn't too serious for y'all. Thanks for the heads up.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:11 PM   #1660
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
Does the plan include curbing? I thought it was only potholes and any road hazzards. Will the warranty just consider that a cosmetic repair? Keep up posted, am thinking about getting the warranty but up in theair about it.
hmm...just got back from the dealer and got a copy of the protection plan terms...it clearly states it doesn't cover cosmetic damage. but i went ahead and made an appt to get checked out on tuesday morning. fingers crossed and all that.

if nothing else, i learned some sort of lesson and the damage i did really isn't terribly noticeable.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #1661
OzzySS

little silly to me, but here's a pic i took when i got back this morning...little guy is finally meeting his big brother
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #1662
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Somehow missed this until today lol....the ported throttle body is supposed to increase throttle response, the argument continues over any actual hp increase, but it would be small if any (most people say 5-10, of those that say there is an increase). But it's relatively cheap. Looks like around $150 after a core refund of $200.

The hex vents are slightly more expensive - about $350. But they add a mean look, IMO, and do a great job of getting heat out of the engine bay. I think I would try to keep my wrap on there, I just don't wanna give it up until I upgrade the hood.
Throttle body. While the vents look cool you have to cut holes in your hood. Unless you're skilled at metal cutting and fitting this could end up not fitting right and looking off. But I could be wrong.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #1663
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Ozzy, that's a pretty cool pic. I didn't realize your cavalier was yellow too.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #1664
Midnight Rat

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
I went to the dealer today and went ahead and purchased the plan. On mine it states also no curbing is covered. Since there is a lot of construction going on in my area and I am constantly picking up nails from the street it might be a good idea to have this coverage.
Quote:
hmm...just got back from the dealer and got a copy of the protection plan terms...it clearly states it doesn't cover cosmetic damage. but i went ahead and made an appt to get checked out on tuesday morning. fingers crossed and all that.

if nothing else, i learned some sort of lesson and the damage i did really isn't terribly noticeable.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #1665
OzzySS

Quote:
Throttle body. While the vents look cool you have to cut holes in your hood. Unless you're skilled at metal cutting and fitting this could end up not fitting right and looking off. But I could be wrong.
i've looked at the instructions for the vents, seems like something i could do...if i had a sawzall, that is

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Ozzy, that's a pretty cool pic. I didn't realize your cavalier was yellow too.
thanks man, bought the cav with 7miles on it, before yellow became big again haha...tried to change it up with the camaro color, but they wouldn't give me SGM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 1LE View Post
I went to the dealer today and went ahead and purchased the plan. On mine it states also no curbing is covered. Since there is a lot of construction going on in my area and I am constantly picking up nails from the street it might be a good idea to have this coverage.
yeah, the roads out here are awful...there was a member here (can't recall who) who picked up a nail pretty early on. the protection plan seemed like a great idea to me, considering the cost of our tires/wheels
Old 02-01-2013, 11:29 PM   #1666
newb

I bought the plan as well. Got it for $525. If I use it once I can call it even. If not, I can call it peace of mind. With the sink holes they call potholes here? It only made sense.

Ozzy, I have a sawzall... Just saying... Honestly I wouldn't use a sawzall. They are pretty rough. There are better tools for the job

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:23 AM   #1667
OzzySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I bought the plan as well. Got it for $525. If I use it once I can call it even. If not, I can call it peace of mind. With the sink holes they call potholes here? It only made sense.

Ozzy, I have a sawzall... Just saying... Honestly I wouldn't use a sawzall. They are pretty rough. There are better tools for the job
I was just saying sawzall bc it looks like that kind of blade in the instructions. The only thing I have on hand that could handle cutting my hood is my trusty hacksaw, but...nooo...lol. I'm not afraid to do the cuts myself, as long as I have proper tools. But I am leaning towards the TB in the near future. The vents might wait until I get that ram air hood

Old 02-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #1668
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

I was suprised today to find my gas mileage at 15.3 highway driving. Odometer shows 1315 miles. Do the rest of you have similar low results? Just curious if Maybe I'll get better mileage per gallon after break-in. Btw, I was averaging 70-75 miles per hour for approx. 25 minutes on the interstate.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #1669
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
I was suprised today to find my gas mileage at 15.3 highway driving. Odometer shows 1315 miles. Do the rest of you have similar low results? Just curious if Maybe I'll get better mileage per gallon after break-in. Btw, I was averaging 70-75 miles per hour for approx. 25 minutes on the interstate.
My "opinion" ... Welcome to 3.91s. Or is it 3.92s? Yeah yeah. I know sixth is the same as the SS.

I'm getting 14.0 MPG for two weeks now taking surface streets to and from work. It went up after the CAI but I'm not certain if:

A/it's the CAI
B/I'm driving differently
C/I'm leaving earlier and coming home later and therefore driving in less stop and go traffic
Old 02-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #1670
tramtwo

Quote:
15.3 is way too low for just highway driving. @75 in 6th we should get at least 20.5 and up to 22 with a good tail wind.

I would reset and recheck. These cars gain a little with some miles but not much really. Anything over 14.5 on the street and you are babying her too much.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #1671
OzzySS

I'm still averaging about 17-18, about 50/50 split. Haven't really had a chance to hit the highway lately. I did have a gate guard ask me to open it up as I was going through the other night...always happy to oblige when the police ask

Old 02-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #1672
newb

My car must be broken. Low 13s is all I can manage.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:54 PM   #1673
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Newb, i am in the 12s man. Not a lot of highway miles and spirited driving only though.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #1674
newb

I feel better then... Lol it's still better than my AWD Denali ever got.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #1675
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
I think its because I drive it lively due the short time i had it prior to storage. I have about 1200 miles and dont drive it in sixth a lot even at highway speeds so that i am in the power band more.

That mpg is of no worry to me though, love driving it.