Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
Just a heads up!!!

This is a FYI for everyone but is mostly for guys(or gals) who have kids,especially girls.For anyone who washes your microfibers and other supplies in your clothes washer(and dryer), be careful. My 10 year old little girl is a competition cheerleader.So she is always wearing clothes and uniforms with glitter and tiny gems on them.For competitions,even her make up has glitter in it!!!I think you can guess where Im going with this.Its VERY EASY for some of this glitter and stuff to come off during a wash cycle or in the dryer. Then you put your microfibers in to the washer and dryer.....BAD NEWS!! So,please check your supplies when they come out of the dryer. I dont have to tell you what one or two little pieces of glitter on a microfiber would do to a wipe down after a coat of wax or polish!:ma d0260:
alyssasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Ohten
Hot Sauce

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tincoat SS/RS
I hope you did not damage your paint.
After I wash my microfiber towels I always inspect them to make sure nothing is trapped deep down in them.Some of the more plush ones you really have to look good to find crap that has been trapped.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
YIKES! good tip... not having a girl not something I thought of, but makes sense.

Maybe run a load or old towels and rags thru a few times to get the glitter out of the washer before running your 'good' towels.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
alyssasdad
Go VOLS!!!!!

Drives: ZL1 #1344 VR, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohten View Post
I hope you did not damage your paint.
After I wash my microfiber towels I always inspect them to make sure nothing is trapped deep down in them.Some of the more plush ones you really have to look good to find crap that has been trapped.
Thanks man,no damage,this was just something that I want ALL MEMBERS to be aware of!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
YIKES! good tip... not having a girl not something I thought of, but makes sense.

Maybe run a load or old towels and rags thru a few times to get the glitter out of the washer before running your 'good' towels.
The only thing is.....is that with her clothes being washed often and at different times(of which Im not aware of) it would be very hard to elimimnate it.Plus after something new(with glitter and stuff on it)is washed it would be impossible to get every little piece ou!!! You have to realize,the little thing are tiny specs....and some of them clear!!! Im mean this problem is not as bad as its sounds but could still become an issue. Just be REAL careful checking out your micros when you get them out!!!
alyssasdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
Thanks. I have one due in Jan.

No glitter for her, lol...

That won't happen.
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #6
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyssasdad View Post
Thanks man,no damage,this was just something that I want ALL MEMBERS to be aware of!!!

The only thing is.....is that with her clothes being washed often and at different times(of which Im not aware of) it would be very hard to elimimnate it.Plus after something new(with glitter and stuff on it)is washed it would be impossible to get every little piece ou!!! You have to realize,the little thing are tiny specs....and some of them clear!!! Im mean this problem is not as bad as its sounds but could still become an issue. Just be REAL careful checking out your micros when you get them out!!!
Looks like you're gonna have to go back to the "old fashioned" way. Grab yourself a bucket
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #7
CyberBri
BRUCE WAYNES DD

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
I just wash mine by themselves and i let them hang dry!!!

CyberBri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 Jack-O-Lantern
I wash mine in the sink by themselves and let them air dry

UPSTATE C5 MEMBER
vinman is offline   Reply With Quote