Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
KP Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
BLKSS1LE
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cudahy, WI
Posts: 86
HELP Dealers beating on new cars

Okay I need everyone's help on this one. The dealer is telling me "We do have to prep the vehicle, it will be driven by mechanic. That's requirement of Chevrolet." I have a big problem of this because all I see is the mechanic beating the crap out of my CAR! Does anybody know about this?
BLKSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
VRYALT3R3D
 
VRYALT3R3D's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 GT, 1LE next?
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North America
Posts: 193
Be there with him while he does it.
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
VR1LE
lighten up Francis
 
VR1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liberty City,FL
Posts: 218
watch those guys very good as I trust no one at the dealerships. I ordered a Evolution 8 back in 03 and as I was signing papers inside my freind who was out side smoking witnessed the detail guy trying to do burnouts and was grinding gears as he redlined the 1st to 2sd shift.
__________________
1SS 1LE track rat ordered 10/19
Arrived at dealer 12/26/12 after hours delivery

VR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
strych9
Gone Euro!
 
strych9's Avatar
 
Drives: 6spd Manual Mercedes, Daytona 955i
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 3,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSS1LE View Post
Okay I need everyone's help on this one. The dealer is telling me "We do have to prep the vehicle, it will be driven by mechanic. That's requirement of Chevrolet." I have a big problem of this because all I see is the mechanic beating the crap out of my CAR! Does anybody know about this?
Your dealer is 100% correct. They need to road test it for quality control purposes. All manufacturers have some procedure to accommodate this.
__________________
Bye bye, Bumblebee!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
strych9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
2010SS2SS

 
2010SS2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cypress, texas
Posts: 1,308
Until you sign the paperwork, they can do whatever they like with it! It is there responsibility to do the prep and safety inspection, which usually requires a short demo ride. Don't buy into all the "DEALER IS AN IDIOT" b.s. on the sight. Either don't sign ANYTHING until you inspect the car afterwards or be there when its happening.
The warranty on the car doesn't start until they document the sell on a title application
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:52 PM   #6
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958
 
Camaro_Corvette's Avatar
 
Drives: Team 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 23,311
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D View Post
Be there with him while he does it.
__________________
I am seriously never serious vv V vv Next order of business
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
BLKSS1LE
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cudahy, WI
Posts: 86
Thanks guys for the feed back, I am calling the new car sales manager to talk to him into letting me go on the ride along when they do perform the quality road test inspection. Wish me luck.
BLKSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros
 
guapo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro LT2/RS, CRM
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cview
Posts: 658
Depents, mine only had 3 miles on it when I got it, so just make sure it has less that 1 mile on it and then go with or if your that concernded tall them you will follow in your tradein.
__________________
2013 LT2/RS, CRM, Blackwing CAI, SOLO Mach-X, Ported V-Max TB, Billet Grills, Defender Works Chrome DLR Bezels, LED DLR's, GM Strut Tower Brace, Chrome Engine Dress, CRM Quarter Flairs, AAC Ghosted LED Marker Lights (CRM)
guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #9
justindewoody
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 136
I resent those of you who say dealer employees are not trustworthy. That's an insult to me because I pride myself on being honest and forthright with ALL of my customers. You don't know everyone at the dealership. We are good people. Not all dealers are liars. You need to be careful how you talk.
justindewoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #10
smarbrit

 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 765
My ex was a gm mechanic, I never heard of them abusing the vehicles during their pdi's, which is done on every vehicle. On his behalf, I too resent the assumption that the employees or mechanics will trash your new ride. If thats the case, buy somewhere else. MI know when I bought my car, the guys who worked on it took pics after detailing, they were proud of their work. Can also say, at 25, he was one of the top guys in the shop and very rarely had one of his vehicles come back for the same problem. My ex never got to see the gen 5 camaros, but I know he would have loved them.
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:03 AM   #11
muscle96ss
 
Drives: 02 SS 35th LE Vert, 2013 ZL-1 Vert
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSS1LE View Post
Okay I need everyone's help on this one. The dealer is telling me "We do have to prep the vehicle, it will be driven by mechanic. That's requirement of Chevrolet." I have a big problem of this because all I see is the mechanic beating the crap out of my CAR! Does anybody know about this?
Unfortunately this is one of the occasions where you are never gonna hear the good stories, but your definitely gonna hear the bad ones. In other words, how many threads are there about how gentle and nicely the mechanic test drove their vehicle? Just not something people are gonna post about but doesn't mean it isn't the norm. All professions have their bad apples but that doesn't mean the whole profession is scum.
muscle96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:23 AM   #12
VR1LE
lighten up Francis
 
VR1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liberty City,FL
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by justindewoody View Post
I resent those of you who say dealer employees are not trustworthy. That's an insult to me because I pride myself on being honest and forthright with ALL of my customers. You don't know everyone at the dealership. We are good people. Not all dealers are liars. You need to be careful how you talk.

sorry but I have been burned too many times as the dishonest people out there have ruined it for the honest people .I had an Audi dealer completly swirl mark my paint when getting detailed they admitted they used a shop rag to wip it down, I had a Lexus dealer change my oil and never changed my oil filter as I had it marked with the date I did it last. Turned out the tech was stealing Lexus oil filters @$20 a pop and selling them on Ebay,I had a Nissan dealer not attach my underpan correctly and it flew off on the highway, I Had a Ford Dealer spill oil over my headers when filling it up with oil and it burned on when they test drove it for 15 miles. My list goes on and on. These are just my expierances as all dealer employes are NOT this way. I am sure there are honest ones out there I have just not had the good luck to encounter them.
__________________
1SS 1LE track rat ordered 10/19
Arrived at dealer 12/26/12 after hours delivery

VR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #13
justindewoody
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 136
Well, you should be careful what you say. What do you do for a living?
justindewoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
VR1LE
lighten up Francis
 
VR1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liberty City,FL
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by justindewoody View Post
Well, you should be careful what you say. What do you do for a living?

I guess I came off a little brash. I just have 0 tolerance for mistakes and a bitter over all the problems that bad dealers have done to my cars. I know there are very good pro's out there, as the dealer I am working with now is the very best I have seen in my neck of the woods. When the dealer burnt up my clutch on my car and it reaked very bad they said the smell will go away and to not worry btw it let loose the first time I got on it after break in and they refused to cover it which I replaced it with a triple disc carbon set up . . I know you are not like that and please accept my apologie as this was not directed at the good guys and gals out there working hard in the car biz. The title of this thread is dealers beating on cars and since I have been on the recieving end of the beating I decided to post up my true storys. I have not mentioned any names of anyone just the brand . I work in the motorcycle industry which has these same set of problems. BTW what is up with you telling me to be carefull what I say ? Are you threatening me with some kind of internet tuff guy thing for speaking my mind?
__________________
1SS 1LE track rat ordered 10/19
Arrived at dealer 12/26/12 after hours delivery

VR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #15
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"
 
el ess A's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 4,324
I had my 2010 in yesterday for the infamous "reflash" because the radio wouldn't maintain the date.

I brought it in and I was able to keep an eye on it the whole time. I didn't have to, but I just sorta meandered around the lot looking at the new cars/trucks peeking every now and again. I was so close, every time they turned the key to "on", the bluetooth would connect with my phone and I'd get a notification. Of course, that went away once they reflashed the computer.

They pulled it into the bay, did what they had to do, then pulled it out without doing a burnout, and parked it along side of the building ready to go. No issues.

Remember, although the majority of the guys do good work, you cannot ASSUME you're getting one of the good ones because all it takes is one A-hole to give the dealership a bad rap.

Since this is a forum, wgas about "watching what you say" about someone's profession when there's a grain of truth in there? If it ain't you, then it's someone else fuggin' it up for you. Lighten up Francis.
__________________
2010/2013 Camaro

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #16
justindewoody
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 136
I think you should watch what you say because good people like me might take offense. Which I did. I'm not trying to be an "internet tuff guy." But I think it's pretty disrespectful for you to throw us all under the bus. I appreciate the apology by the way.
justindewoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #17
BLKSS1LE
 
Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Cudahy, WI
Posts: 86
This thread was started because when i went into the dealer to order my car my wife and i overheard the service manaver telling the sales guy about how they took a custerms zl1 out and beat it. What they didnt realize was i was buying my 1le. This is why i am getting nervious about them doing the same thing to my car. I meant no disrespect but more thoughts of why they have to test drive them and if they do why couldnt i ride along.
BLKSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.