Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
BLKSS1LE

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
HELP Dealers beating on new cars

Okay I need everyone's help on this one. The dealer is telling me "We do have to prep the vehicle, it will be driven by mechanic. That's requirement of Chevrolet." I have a big problem of this because all I see is the mechanic beating the crap out of my CAR! Does anybody know about this?
BLKSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
VRYALT3R3D

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS //cancelled order//
Be there with him while he does it.
VRYALT3R3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
watch those guys very good as I trust no one at the dealerships. I ordered a Evolution 8 back in 03 and as I was signing papers inside my freind who was out side smoking witnessed the detail guy trying to do burnouts and was grinding gears as he redlined the 1st to 2sd shift.

VR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
strych9
Nice rear end!

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS/TF3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSS1LE View Post
Okay I need everyone's help on this one. The dealer is telling me "We do have to prep the vehicle, it will be driven by mechanic. That's requirement of Chevrolet." I have a big problem of this because all I see is the mechanic beating the crap out of my CAR! Does anybody know about this?
Your dealer is 100% correct. They need to road test it for quality control purposes. All manufacturers have some procedure to accommodate this.
475RWHP/427RWTQ via: SP 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ Offroad Pipes | Flowmaster AT Cat-back | CAI Intake | JRE Scoop | Roto-Fab Washer Relocate | JRE 480RWHP Cam | Comp Cams Springs, Pushrods, Trunnion Upgrade | C5-R T/C | Melling O/P | 3.91 LPE Gears | JRE Posi-Mod | LPW Ultra Pro Diff Cover| BMR Diff Race Bushings| All mechanical work done by me, Tuned by Ted Jannetty @ 93 Octane
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumblebee: the real deal. **1 of 371 total TF3 SS 6-speeds built**
strych9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #5
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Until you sign the paperwork, they can do whatever they like with it! It is there responsibility to do the prep and safety inspection, which usually requires a short demo ride. Don't buy into all the "DEALER IS AN IDIOT" b.s. on the sight. Either don't sign ANYTHING until you inspect the car afterwards or be there when its happening.
The warranty on the car doesn't start until they document the sell on a title application
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
Camaro_Corvette
36.833283,-76.021958

Drives: 2013 VR 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D View Post
Be there with him while he does it.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #7
BLKSS1LE

Thanks guys for the feed back, I am calling the new car sales manager to talk to him into letting me go on the ride along when they do perform the quality road test inspection. Wish me luck.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #8
guapo
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2013 Camaro LT2/RS, CRM
Depents, mine only had 3 miles on it when I got it, so just make sure it has less that 1 mile on it and then go with or if your that concernded tall them you will follow in your tradein.
2013 LT2/RS, CRM, Blackwing CAI, SOLO Mach-X, Ported V-Max TB, Billet Grills, Defender Works Chrome DLR Bezels, LED DLR's, GM Strut Tower Brace, Chrome Engine Dress, CRM Quarter Flairs, AAC Ghosted LED Marker Lights (CRM)
guapo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
justindewoody

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I resent those of you who say dealer employees are not trustworthy. That's an insult to me because I pride myself on being honest and forthright with ALL of my customers. You don't know everyone at the dealership. We are good people. Not all dealers are liars. You need to be careful how you talk.
justindewoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #10
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
My ex was a gm mechanic, I never heard of them abusing the vehicles during their pdi's, which is done on every vehicle. On his behalf, I too resent the assumption that the employees or mechanics will trash your new ride. If thats the case, buy somewhere else. MI know when I bought my car, the guys who worked on it took pics after detailing, they were proud of their work. Can also say, at 25, he was one of the top guys in the shop and very rarely had one of his vehicles come back for the same problem. My ex never got to see the gen 5 camaros, but I know he would have loved them.
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #11
muscle96ss

Drives: 02 SS 35th LE Vert, 2013 ZL-1 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKSS1LE View Post
Unfortunately this is one of the occasions where you are never gonna hear the good stories, but your definitely gonna hear the bad ones. In other words, how many threads are there about how gentle and nicely the mechanic test drove their vehicle? Just not something people are gonna post about but doesn't mean it isn't the norm. All professions have their bad apples but that doesn't mean the whole profession is scum.
muscle96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #12
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Quote:
Originally Posted by justindewoody View Post
I resent those of you who say dealer employees are not trustworthy. That's an insult to me because I pride myself on being honest and forthright with ALL of my customers. You don't know everyone at the dealership. We are good people. Not all dealers are liars. You need to be careful how you talk.

sorry but I have been burned too many times as the dishonest people out there have ruined it for the honest people .I had an Audi dealer completly swirl mark my paint when getting detailed they admitted they used a shop rag to wip it down, I had a Lexus dealer change my oil and never changed my oil filter as I had it marked with the date I did it last. Turned out the tech was stealing Lexus oil filters @$20 a pop and selling them on Ebay,I had a Nissan dealer not attach my underpan correctly and it flew off on the highway, I Had a Ford Dealer spill oil over my headers when filling it up with oil and it burned on when they test drove it for 15 miles. My list goes on and on. These are just my expierances as all dealer employes are NOT this way. I am sure there are honest ones out there I have just not had the good luck to encounter them.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
justindewoody

Well, you should be careful what you say. What do you do for a living?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #14
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Quote:
Well, you should be careful what you say. What do you do for a living?

I guess I came off a little brash. I just have 0 tolerance for mistakes and a bitter over all the problems that bad dealers have done to my cars. I know there are very good pro's out there, as the dealer I am working with now is the very best I have seen in my neck of the woods. When the dealer burnt up my clutch on my car and it reaked very bad they said the smell will go away and to not worry btw it let loose the first time I got on it after break in and they refused to cover it which I replaced it with a triple disc carbon set up . . I know you are not like that and please accept my apologie as this was not directed at the good guys and gals out there working hard in the car biz. The title of this thread is dealers beating on cars and since I have been on the recieving end of the beating I decided to post up my true storys. I have not mentioned any names of anyone just the brand . I work in the motorcycle industry which has these same set of problems. BTW what is up with you telling me to be carefull what I say ? Are you threatening me with some kind of internet tuff guy thing for speaking my mind?

Old 10-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
el ess A
formerly "el ess X"

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I had my 2010 in yesterday for the infamous "reflash" because the radio wouldn't maintain the date.

I brought it in and I was able to keep an eye on it the whole time. I didn't have to, but I just sorta meandered around the lot looking at the new cars/trucks peeking every now and again. I was so close, every time they turned the key to "on", the bluetooth would connect with my phone and I'd get a notification. Of course, that went away once they reflashed the computer.

They pulled it into the bay, did what they had to do, then pulled it out without doing a burnout, and parked it along side of the building ready to go. No issues.

Remember, although the majority of the guys do good work, you cannot ASSUME you're getting one of the good ones because all it takes is one A-hole to give the dealership a bad rap.

Since this is a forum, wgas about "watching what you say" about someone's profession when there's a grain of truth in there? If it ain't you, then it's someone else fuggin' it up for you. Lighten up Francis.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=139490  3951
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #16
justindewoody

I think you should watch what you say because good people like me might take offense. Which I did. I'm not trying to be an "internet tuff guy." But I think it's pretty disrespectful for you to throw us all under the bus. I appreciate the apology by the way.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #17
BLKSS1LE

This thread was started because when i went into the dealer to order my car my wife and i overheard the service manaver telling the sales guy about how they took a custerms zl1 out and beat it. What they didnt realize was i was buying my 1le. This is why i am getting nervious about them doing the same thing to my car. I meant no disrespect but more thoughts of why they have to test drive them and if they do why couldnt i ride along.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:38 PM   #18
justindewoody

Let's put it to rest. I'm done.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #19
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

My worst nightmare has come to pass to this innocent Camaro owner. Betrayed by rogue dealer employee. Sorry justindewoody the public has a right to know what can happen to their car.
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...152707580.html

Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #20
justindewoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR1LE View Post
My worst nightmare has come to pass to this innocent Camaro owner. Betrayed by rogue dealer employee. Sorry justindewoody the public has a right to know what can happen to their car.
http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...152707580.html
Dude, that's been posted about 100 times on this site. Do a search. Yeah, we all know that there are a few dickheads in this business. But the vast majority of us are good people who just work hard for a living.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:23 AM   #21
Stex

Drives: 67 goat, 69 goat ram air III
Quote:
Dude, that's been posted about 100 times on this site. Do a search. Yeah, we all know that there are a few dickheads in this business. But the vast majority of us are good people who just work hard for a living.
Stex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:16 AM   #22
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

my bad,,,, lol

Old 10-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #23
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
This site takes pleasure in bad mouthing dealers any chance most members get! (Even have a "dealer is an idiot" smiley?)
Its funny how most on here expect a dealer to sell products behind cost but bend over and take it from you when you want something or need your car fixed. You get what you pay for and you get treated like you treat others...
If you suspect the dealer is doing as you said, then find another place to buy a car...
2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #24
justindewoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
This site takes pleasure in bad mouthing dealers any chance most members get! (Even have a "dealer is an idiot" smiley?)
Its funny how most on here expect a dealer to sell products behind cost but bend over and take it from you when you want something or need your car fixed. You get what you pay for and you get treated like you treat others...
If you suspect the dealer is doing as you said, then find another place to buy a car...
Amen brother. I couldn't have said it any better myself.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #25
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SS2SS View Post
This site takes pleasure in bad mouthing dealers any chance most members get!
Not true ,when you say the whole site you are describing everyone on this site and we both know not everyone takes pleasure in posting up true stories of their experiences with dealers. So it is ok for someone that is getting paid to handle your new ride and damage it? So if you took you brand new black ZL1 in the dealer and they wiped the door and side of the car with a shop rag and put lots of scratches in the clear coat that have to be buffed out you would be ok with that? Or my car that I took in for an oil change and they never replaced the oil filter you would be ok with that also. come on be real I am not talking about the good guys out there just the moronic ones that have no buisness working in the automotive industry. Or the sales guy saying the new engine has 5 camshafts . In the big cities the turn over is very high and they do not train everyone as they should or pay them what they should. So you are correct in you statement Dealers get what they pay for in their employee's. BTW do you pay full retail plus dealer fee and addendum like all cars are posted around here . Everyone like's a good deal. The service dept does not know what you paid for a car. I had to pay full boat when I ordered a 05 Mustang GT back in 05 as no one had them and then the dealer spilled oil over my new engine when they were filling it up, come on why did the person just wipe it up and make sure there would be no burnt oil comming off the headers. In the past 20 years I have purchased about 15 new cars and trucks and have some very good service but I also have had very bad service. I had a local parts guy drive over to my neighbors house to unlock her Armada that she locked her 1 year old in came over in 10 min ..awesome guy I just wish everyone had his integrity.

Last edited by VR1LE; 10-25-2012 at 03:18 PM.