Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #902
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,160
As far as "looks factory" I spent a solid hour measuring(not to match any other car like where the ZL1's badges are) but to ensure I liked where they are and spaced properly and aligned right and consistent with the other side...etc.

Someone asked above how they stick.......3M tape on the back that is very thin but very sticky.
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #903
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR
 
Lumino1LE's Avatar
 
Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Loudoun County, VA
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
So much for "ALL badges gone first day" looks factory.

+1

tramtwo posted this on the go
LoL! I think it looks great. I want!
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #904
DanSS24

 
DanSS24's Avatar
 
Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: 808
Posts: 1,196
"Badges...we don't need no stinkin badges"

Looks nice though...
__________________

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #905
CrystalRedTintcoat


 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
As far as "looks factory" I spent a solid hour measuring(not to match any other car like where the ZL1's badges are) but to ensure I liked where they are and spaced properly and aligned right and consistent with the other side...etc.

Someone asked above how they stick.......3M tape on the back that is very thin but very sticky.
Looks great, man. I need to redo my passenger side. The emblems are straight on both sides on mine. The driver's side is perfectly lined up in the middle of the bump. The passenger side is not. I spoke to Roger and have a plan for redo.

And, I too, measured for an hour. I used his tip of masking tape. Using painter's tape I was able to rest the logos on the tape from below to ensure the bottoms matched then to mark off left to right where the emblems go.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #906
CrystalRedTintcoat


 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,451
All jacked up and no place to go

I like this picture of the 1LE in the air even better than on the ground!

Found a good thread on C5 that shows where to jack and stand the car. Worked great. Used this config to attempt the Skip Shift Eliminator, changing oil and to remove the fascia to install the heritage grill (coming soon).

I failed at removing the skip shift eliminator and have six knuckle busters to remind me. Couldn't get the connector's clip off on the back side of the terminal by the heat shield. Need a lift and more space to work.
Attached Images
 
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:51 AM   #907
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Tell me the rear wheels are chalked!! At least one of em!
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #908
CrystalRedTintcoat


 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Tell me the rear wheels are chalked!! At least one of em!
Both wheels. But with big rocks, not wedged auto chocks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 AM   #909
jgalewsk
 
Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
I like this picture of the 1LE in the air even better than on the ground!

Found a good thread on C5 that shows where to jack and stand the car. Worked great. Used this config to attempt the Skip Shift Eliminator, changing oil and to remove the fascia to install the heritage grill (coming soon).

I failed at removing the skip shift eliminator and have six knuckle busters to remind me. Couldn't get the connector's clip off on the back side of the terminal by the heat shield. Need a lift and more space to work.
I used a flat head screwdriver to sort of pry off the connector. And I understand the knuckle busters, except mine was more like a gash from slipping and cutting my hand on the heat shield. At least I got it installed... Having another person down there to hold other wires out of the way definitely helps!
__________________
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #910
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Both wheels. But with big rocks, not wedged auto chocks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I knew I liked you for a reason. +1 for rock tire chocks!


tramtwo posted this on the go
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #911
jgalewsk
 
Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 272
Not to change the subject or derail the conversation, but I wanted to add some pics and a vid before I hit the sack. Staying up late is not my thing lol. Anyway, here are a few pics and one video. For details, check my build thread in my sig.

Name:  IMG_1099.JPG
Views: 1119
Size:  516.7 KB

My favorite view:
Name:  IMG_1102.JPG
Views: 1100
Size:  510.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1103.JPG
Views: 1098
Size:  519.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1106.JPG
Views: 1093
Size:  499.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1107.JPG
Views: 1087
Size:  542.0 KB

I wasn't driving... My dad apparently doesn't know how to take video so I had to do it lol


I will try to get an updated exhaust video tomorrow with JBA midpipes installed. Don't forget ear plugs... lol
__________________
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #912
CrystalRedTintcoat


 
CrystalRedTintcoat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, online, & in my 1LE
Posts: 2,451
Crap. What happened at 52 seconds? Looked like he almost went sideways.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #913
jgalewsk
 
Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Crap. What happened at 52 seconds? Looked like he almost went sideways.
He did get sideways just a little... 2nd gear 100% throttle when it's 50 degrees outside -> no grip whatsoever, especially around corners on throttle. Now heat hose tires up on a summer day and it will grip very well. And these tires also hate rain. I could get the tires to break loose in 4th gear... So needless to say, be careful if its raining or cold outside. If its both, it would probably be better to take the wife's car...lol
__________________
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #914
newb

 
newb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: DMV
Posts: 1,401
The video description says muffler delete. Is that correct?


Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
__________________
Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:14 AM   #915
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
Yep check his build thread.... muffler delete mid pipes quad tips with a moded defuser.

tramtwo posted this on the go
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:18 AM   #916
jgalewsk
 
Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
The video description says muffler delete. Is that correct?


Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
Yes. It is correct. In that video, it has the straight pipes and quad tips. The straight pipe is just to replace the stock muffler and is 2.5 inches in diameter to match the stock piping size. The video doesn't show how loud it actually is. When he was on the way back at 25% throttle (1/2 mile down the road from me) with the exhaust pointing away from me, I could still hear it. And it's much much louder with the jba mid pipes. That video will come tomorrow...
__________________
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #917
jgalewsk
 
Drives: 2013 Summit White Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lafayette, LA
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Yep check his build thread.... muffler delete mid pipes quad tips with a moded defuser.

tramtwo posted this on the go
Thanks, Tram. I'm too detailed in my responses sometimes. I always do everything the difficult way.
__________________
jgalewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:13 AM   #918
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros
 
Tara Martin's Avatar
 
Drives: Red 1979 Z28, HBM 2016 1SS
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgalewsk View Post
Not to change the subject or derail the conversation, but I wanted to add some pics and a vid before I hit the sack. Staying up late is not my thing lol. Anyway, here are a few pics and one video. For details, check my build thread in my sig.

Attachment 457791

My favorite view:
Attachment 457793

Attachment 457792

Attachment 457794

Attachment 457795

I wasn't driving... My dad apparently doesn't know how to take video so I had to do it lol


I will try to get an updated exhaust video tomorrow with JBA midpipes installed. Don't forget ear plugs... lol
Nice looking car! I think that your dad "apparently" would rather drive your 1LE instead of taking video. Us old folks are sneaky like that!

Sounds great too, btw.

Tara
Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 2013, boss=secretaryofsecondplace, gen5, npp = sex

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.