Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 10-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #1
ZL1Rocks

Drives: 2013 ZL1, Tahoe, Silverado, BMW550I
Manual question

Ok I've had my Z for about three days now and I put about 600 miles on it. I have noticed a couple of things about the manual transmission that are different than what I am used to. This is not my first manual car as I have a BMW 550i 6 speed which I've been driving since 2006. Two questions, 1st I have noticed that if I dont feather the gas most of the time out of first gear it has a tendency to feel like it will stall, is that normal ?? 2nd gear starts seem to be smoother. 2nd question is there some setting that activates the hill assist ??? I have it in my BMW so I know what's supposed to do. On a hill The Z rolls backward as soon as I let the clutch out. On my BMW I can count to 2 or 3 before the car rolls. Thanks in advance
ZL1Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:38 PM   #2
maddmark54

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Manual

The car likes to shift in first with the rpm between 1100 and 1200. Any slower and it will bog down. You will get used to the clutch with a couple more months of driving it. I almost stalled mine three times when I got it. Have patience.
maddmark54 is offline   Reply With Quote