Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dyno Max
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Wheels / Tires

Wheels / Tires Wheels, tires, and related products.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #76
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro A6
I forget if it's been asked/answered, but can we get these all black with the ZR28 part black too? Or is that red? Cause I don't have any red on my car and it'll throw off my color scheme.
Old 12-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #77
BiGDaWgZ

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
I felt that this version of the ZL1 repro wheels was a bit too expensive (IMO) to begin with, but I understood it, because they were going to be the ONLY option to the OE ZL1 split spoked wheels.

Therefore they could pretty much name their pricing (as long as it was cheaper than the OE's).

It's the same for ANY item, when going to the marketplace.

If you're the only one available, and it's a HIGHLY desirable item, you can name your price (within reason).

OF course that all changes, though, when other mfr's come into the mix (offering pretty much the same thing for much less $) and I feel that they're going to have to look at that now.

If there truly is a quality difference that can be proven or if they offer a proven performance gain such as weight savings, strength, etc.

Then the higher priced versions may still do pretty well.

But here in a few months...if dozens and dozens of guys start posting pics of their cars with the other wheels on them (that cost 1/2 as much) and they look great and they aren't having quality issues, well, we all know what will happen if that is the case.

Either way, I don't want to keep harping on this.

I just think that it's very hard for any of us to be deciding that one version is higher quality than the other version, simply because of their pricing, especially when NONE of us have them in hand to compare.

I'm just going strictly off of the pictures of each of the wheels and their prices.

Either way, it seems, there's going to DEFINITELY be a cheaper choice for those of us who are wanting that ZL1 split spoke look and fitment !

2010 2SS/RS-6spd Manual-12k Miles-Blown-Injected-Fueled-Dropped & more
BiGDaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #78
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGDaWgZ View Post
I felt that this version of the ZL1 repro wheels was a bit too expensive (IMO) to begin with, but I understood it, because they were going to be the ONLY option to the OE ZL1 split spoked wheels.

Therefore they could pretty much name their pricing (as long as it was cheaper than the OE's).

If you're the only one available, and it's a HIGHLY desirable item, you can name your price (within reason).

OF course that all changes, though, when other mfr's come into the mix (offering pretty much the same thing for much less $) and I feel that they're going to have to look at that now.

If there truly is a quality difference that can be proven or if they offer a proven performance gain such as weight savings, strength, etc.

But here in a few months...if dozens and dozens of guys start posting pics of their cars with the other wheels on them (that cost 1/2 as much) and they look great and they aren't having quality issues, well, we all know what will happen if that is the case.

I just think that it's very hard for any of us to be deciding that one version is higher quality than the other version, simply because of their pricing, especially when NONE of us have them in hand to compare.

I'm just going strictly off of the pictures of each of the wheels and their prices.

Either way, it seems, there's going to DEFINITELY be a cheaper choice for those of us who are wanting that ZL1 split spoke look and fitment !
i agree. and we are talking about a $700 difference too. that extra money has to be justified. you can almost get 2 sets
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:05 PM   #79
rare991

Drives: 2014 SS 1LE
Quote:

buy the wheels that you feel are the better deal. let me know how things turn out!
rare991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #80
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

Drives: 13 ZL1, 14 Z/28, Cessna 182T
How much are the 20x11 going to be?
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #81
Midwest

Drives: 2ss/rs
Quote:
True...but early reports are that the other wheel weighs within 1 pound or so...of the original FORGED GM wheel...so I'm guessing they're either pressure cast or rotary forged to be that light.

If this wheel can beat that weight...then I'd understand that as a point..but if not....

As to people commenting on where the wheels are made...alot..if not MOST..... FACTORY wheels are being made in CHINA now...

I guess I might be a "Certain Demographic" type of customer (sounds almost condecending)...because I want a wheel that looks like the ZL1 wheel...for the best price??

Co-sign

From 1lt to 2ss/rs.
Midwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #82
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
in there first post about these rims they state this

This will be a "Pressure Cast" wheel to reduce on costs.
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #83
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
another day..... and no update, this is upseting. The last monday/tuesday timeframe is probably going to be this weeks monday/tuesday time frame :/ .
Step1: take out phone
Step2: open app for pictures
Step3: take 5 pictures
Step4: go to nearest computer/or use smart phone
Step5: go on camaro5.com
Step6: go on this thread
Step7: upload pictures
Step8: enjoy all the positive feedback on these awesome wheels!
(was just a joke) not trying to be a jerk, just messing around
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #84
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: '10 Camaro SS and 2LT
While I agree with alot of the statements regarding the price diff and so on... I still believe whichever wheel hits the market first will be the money maker.

Now, with it only being 3 weeks from the new year, and the original ship date for these wheels... I don't see that happening.... not even close. I'm not saying that it's impossible by any means, but with the amount of time that is being consumed to produce a prototype and get it powder coated, these delays will put them matched up with a shipping time of about the same as Factory Repro.

Then.... thats where one has to ask himself... what can I do with 700.00? I don't know about anyone else on here... but 700.00 will do alot for me. This isn't to bash LG or Ivan.. but it's what I'm thinking. If it were 250 or 300 diff in price... I probably wouldn't even consider the other wheels... but 700... thats different.

If I were involved in this deal.... Don't think I wouldn't be standing on someones desk getting these wheels on shipping trucks.

Just my .02 cent.
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #85
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
Just arrived....working on pictures right now.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #86
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: '10 Camaro SS and 2LT
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:29 PM   #87
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Old 12-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #88
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
NIIICE ANTHONY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #89
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Vert Supercharged
Are these black? They appear grey. If they are black, are you still accepting the deposits for them at the $1595 price?
bwk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #90
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwk1971 View Post
Are these black? They appear grey. If they are black, are you still accepting the deposits for them at the $1595 price?
They are 100% satin black.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:43 PM   #91
IBMcamaroIBM

Drives: IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMcamaroIBM View Post
i think the prices of these things may need to be reduced if you want to keep costumers.
I agree that these are defintley better quality than the other replica wheel that are being produced by Factory reproductions , and also you guys are having them powdercoated which is anpther strong point for you guys.But at the end of the day, most people are going to go for the one that is $700 cheaper. I believe that its smarter to get the quality rims from you guys and pay extra but not ABOUT $700 plus extra. your price: 1695+ shipping(about 160)= 1885 AND that price DOES NOT include sensors OR lugnuts. And than get tires that are ridiculously priced. which is probably another 1100 for tires. which comes to about $2995 not included lugnuts and sensors. Im not saying you need to match FactoryRep in price for the wheels but maybe reduce that 1695 price tag, you will get more costumers because than paying the extra 2/300 doesnt seem to bad , instead of 700extra.. Also, for the price of there wheels, you can get 2 sets(8 wheels) for the price of 1600. which is still cheaper. And than people can have them powdercoated and still be cheaper plus theres more options so that means more tire options. that are cheaper or re use the pirellis. Just trying to help out..
wheels look great btw!!!!, im reposting this because i was looking for an acknowledgment from you guys and dint want it to get lost in the thread.
IBMcamaroIBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:44 PM   #92
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
They are 100% satin black.
Is satin black the same color as they appear on the 1LE and ZL1? Is the price still $1595? When would they ship?
Old 12-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #93
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Is satin black the same color as they appear on the 1LE and ZL1? Is the price still $1595? When would they ship?
There is a lot of light on there so you guys can see the detail. I assure you it is 100% black.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #94
SlyJester7
SoCal HT5 *COTW 8/26/13*

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3
whats the weight?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #95
cota0429

Drives: 2012 45th Anniverary
They actually look better in gray! Lol.
cota0429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #96
bwk1971
Res Ipsa Loquitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony @ LG Motorsports View Post
There is a lot of light on there so you guys can see the detail. I assure you it is 100% black.
Ok, Great! I'm definitely interested in the black. Are you still honoring the $1595, and when do you expect them to ship?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #97
blake2010ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/rs
Send a message via AIM to blake2010ss Send a message via MSN to blake2010ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyJester7 View Post
whats the weight?
Also curious of this
Boost/Tune by Florida Speed and Power

ECS, Meth, Cammed, Suspenion
blake2010ss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #98
Easton091

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Look good guys! Glad there is a pic now. I look forward to spring time (when I will have the money to get them)
Easton091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #99
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Quote:
Ok, Great! I'm definitely interested in the black. Are you still honoring the $1595, and when do you expect them to ship?
The sale deposit ended October 31st.

Full production should be here January I believe.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:47 PM   #100
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Weight is just a tad over 30 lbs each.