Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 10-25-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
philc11

Drives: 2013 zl1
ZL1 convertibles

Hello - Has anyone with a ZL1 convertible had rub spots on the top? I have...arghhh...thought this was fixed?

Second question - has anyone been able to turn ON the PTM functionality? No shift lights, no mode 1-5, called chevy and they had no insight as to why this was disabled or how it could be enabled. Talked to Jesse Bubb and Ryan at Lingenfelter and both were unaware of a fix.
Attached Images

philc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I have 2500 miles on my ZL1 Vert and the top remains perfect. Not even a hint of a rub mark.

With regards to PTM modes that the coupe has, the convertible doesn't have them.

the only reason Of heard of so far has to do with safety as well as GM's perception that people that want a ZL1 for performance will buy the coupe. The people that want the ZL1 for pleasure will opt for the Vert.

I too was dissapointed to hear about the PTM modes as I was waiting for mine to be delivered. It would have been nice if we knew about it up front before we decided to order the car.

You might also want to keep in mind that taking a Vert to the track whether it's a drag strip or a track may pose some issues with complying to the track safety regulations especially when it comes to possible roll bar requirements.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Shift lights are on the HUD with the screen that has the G-Force and RPM reading only. You can change PTM settings by pressing the Traction control button 2x in 5 seconds then switch through the settings by using the Tour and Sport buttons.

No Convertible so can't help you there.
mmarx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
I have 2500 miles on my ZL1 Vert and the top remains perfect. Not even a hint of a rub mark.

With regards to PTM modes that the coupe has, the convertible doesn't have them.

the only reason Of heard of so far has to do with safety as well as GM's perception that people that want a ZL1 for performance will buy the coupe. The people that want the ZL1 for pleasure will opt for the Vert.

I too was dissapointed to hear about the PTM modes as I was waiting for mine to be delivered. It would have been nice if we knew about it up front before we decided to order the car.

You might also want to keep in mind that taking a Vert to the track whether it's a drag strip or a track may pose some issues with complying to the track safety regulations especially when it comes to possible roll bar requirements.

If that's true I didn't know it sorry.
mmarx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #5
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
I JUST FOUND OUT NO PTM 1-5 ON MY VERT. I TOO WISH IT WAS BETTER PUBLISIZED BUT DON'T PLAN ON RACING AT THE TRACK. JUST OCCASSIONAL DRAG STRIP VISITS. I WONDER IF PTM CONTROLLER COULD BE RETROFITED TO CONVERIBLE?
ALSO NOT SURE WHAT MODE # I GET WHEN PTM IS ACTIVE .
SPOOKYGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
JFWJR179

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOKYGUNNER View Post
I JUST FOUND OUT NO PTM 1-5 ON MY VERT. I TOO WISH IT WAS BETTER PUBLISIZED BUT DON'T PLAN ON RACING AT THE TRACK. JUST OCCASSIONAL DRAG STRIP VISITS. I WONDER IF PTM CONTROLLER COULD BE RETROFITED TO CONVERIBLE?
ALSO NOT SURE WHAT MODE # I GET WHEN PTM IS ACTIVE .
IF you install any type of PTM on your ZL1 vert
THEN you are also voiding your factory warranty

I'm just saying...
JFWJR179 is offline   Reply With Quote