Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
forklord

Drives: 2010 2SS
a little late to store properly...

It just snowed and its cold and i dont wanna get her wet or the underbelly full of slush and sand... roads are like an inch of ice....looks like forecast isnt gonna get better....i still have 3/4 of a tank of premium and was wondering if i can siphon gas out of this car or does it have a screen in the way like most new vehicles? or would it be a big deal if i pour in the fuel stabilizer now and add that 1/4 of a tank and just let it run for a bit?

also, it has amsoil synthetic in it now, just changed two-three months ago with only 500 miles on the oil, at the most. should be fine??

and can i connect the battery tender directly to the battery, leaving the battery connected to the car and just leave the tender running the whole winter?

Thanks!!
forklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
jrisebo

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS "Bumble C"
How long are you storing it for? 3-4 months you dont need to go thru all that fuss and palava
Old 10-26-2012, 08:11 AM   #3
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
and yes, you can connect the battery tender directly to it.

There are many different opinions on storage, from mild to wild on this forum.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #4
forklord

Drives: 2010 2SS
well since winter started real early this year, probly from now to april....i think i'll just throw a tarp under it. take a little pressure off the suspension, max tire pressure, and fill up the tank as well as some stabilizer.

I might as well just pull the battery out instead of leaving it on a tender that long?

should i start it once in a while or fog it? or F*CK IT? heh
forklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
jshaf

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
there saying possible 12 inch's from that perfect storm snow-agedeon thingy, yep, storage starts on sunday it looks like it. will tender it in december sometime I think. Ugh dread this time of year.