Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
Mil
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Bat Cave
Posts: 225
Stumbling and Bogging from dead stop in 1st Can't Launch or Burn it up??

ZL1 Start from dead stop, Stumbles are Boggs .. Can't do a burn out.
Traction control turned off, Start from first gear punching the exhilarator car stumbles nearly bogging out .. cant do a burn out.. then picks up and go..


Noticed i have this issue after i did the ecm fuses 5, and 20 pull.. before that my ZL1 could put down the pwr to the rear and smoke em up .. . now i'm regretting i did the fuse pull out of curiosity. I never ran anything less than 93 octane fuel .. i were one of the few people that probably did not need to do the fuse pull but did it anyway out of curiosity.. anyone have any ideas what''s going on.. could it be something else coincidentally that developed after i did the fuse pull could it be have a vacuum leak some where?????
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
jimmy5
 
jimmy5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Big Spring, TX
Posts: 479
No, the computer is programmed to pull 2-3 degrees of timing with a WOT start. Why, I don't know.
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
Blueclyde

 
Blueclyde's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 ZL1
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northeast Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,347
How many miles are on your car? I speculate that the ECM fuse pull probably also wipes fuel trims as well as the knock retard table. It is possible that you may need to drive the car normally for a bit to let the fuel trims relearn.
__________________
2014 ZL1, AGM, Ricaros, M6, ECF
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
hognutz


 
hognutz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: tangent or
Posts: 2,503
I can't think of any reason fuse pull would do this it actually woke my car up.

datalog is kind of what you need to see. hold down for 7 senconds turn the stabilitrack and t/c off.

the car should do a burnout.

even if the car pulled 2-3 degrees of timing it would still melt the tires down from a dead stop. it has 580hp.

if the car is boggin something is stepping in or the car is not running propperly.
__________________
2013 ZL1
2013 Dart
2013 Megacab 8" lift 38"mt's
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
kbar4782
 
kbar4782's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1, 00016
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Whitesville, NY
Posts: 265
The very first time I really ripped on mine with about 200 miles on it it did the same thing. I drove it and put some miles on it and I haven't experienced it again. I read a thread on this same thing a long time ago and it was explained. I jus don't remember what it was
kbar4782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
Stephen12ZL1

 
Stephen12ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mechanicsville VA
Posts: 1,947
exhilirator? sorry...damn
__________________
#917 A6. 10.67@126.2 1.53 60' ATI/Lingenfelter balancer (10" ring), stock upper pulley, 90mm TB, ID850s,Rotofab/Lingenfelter intercooler reservoir, Cooler Logic HX, Lingenfelter idler relocation bracket, NGK TR7ix, 160 t-stat, Dewitts Radiator, Texas Speed 1 7/8" headers(no cats). M&H drag radials 325/45-17 & M&H 28x4.5" bias skinnies. Tuning by Frost at Performance Autosport in Richmond, VA (804) 358-2505
Stephen12ZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:06 PM   #7
stikSS
9691 & 97586
 
stikSS's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 Camaro SS and 2LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cameron, NC
Posts: 2,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
exhilirator? sorry...damn
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:36 AM   #8
Mil
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Bat Cave
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
How many miles are on your car? I speculate that the ECM fuse pull probably also wipes fuel trims as well as the knock retard table. It is possible that you may need to drive the car normally for a bit to let the fuel trims relearn.
1,564 miles; I'll try that until i reach next 500 miles.
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #9
Mil
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Bat Cave
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
Yeah; I were too lazy to do spell check.
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:49 AM   #10
Mil
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Bat Cave
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbar4782 View Post
The very first time I really ripped on mine with about 200 miles on it it did the same thing. I drove it and put some miles on it and I haven't experienced it again. I read a thread on this same thing a long time ago and it was explained. I jus don't remember what it was

I took delivery at 19miles; at 200 miles I felt all 580horses burning a hole in my wallet smoking up the rear tires. Dang wish you could find this thread..
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:51 AM   #11
Mil
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Bat Cave
Posts: 225
Folks pls keep this thread alive... I bet someone out there knows.
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #12
Stephen12ZL1

 
Stephen12ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mechanicsville VA
Posts: 1,947
I heard from my tuner after a fuse pull it puts the ecm into the low octane table and it takes a while for the ecm to "catch up". Drive it more and it should learn and work itself out. Double check your fuses too. Maybe disconnect the battery for a few minutes then reconnect and drive...couldn't hurt.
__________________
#917 A6. 10.67@126.2 1.53 60' ATI/Lingenfelter balancer (10" ring), stock upper pulley, 90mm TB, ID850s,Rotofab/Lingenfelter intercooler reservoir, Cooler Logic HX, Lingenfelter idler relocation bracket, NGK TR7ix, 160 t-stat, Dewitts Radiator, Texas Speed 1 7/8" headers(no cats). M&H drag radials 325/45-17 & M&H 28x4.5" bias skinnies. Tuning by Frost at Performance Autosport in Richmond, VA (804) 358-2505
Stephen12ZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:46 AM   #13
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 598
I did the fuse pull on mine and did not have any issues. The car actually feels a little pepier. Still have to problems breaking the tires loose shifting through 4th gear.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
Skylane765
Splitter washers, jack pd

 
Skylane765's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1, 14 Z/28, Cessna 182T
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by ********** View Post
I did the fuse pull on mine and did not have any issues. The car actually feels a little pepier. Still have to problems breaking the tires loose shifting through 4th gear.
which fuse do you pull? And how long?
I thought the fuse pull puts it high octane?
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #15
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC
 
2012ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 1,701
Mine does this as well. Can not do a burnout to save itself.

I Can't apply more than quarter throttle quickly without cutting loose when driving at speed (moving) 30, 40 ,50 mph spins no problem.

But burn out, or leave with full throttle, forget it ..bogs bucks cuts out falls on its face, craps right out.
Done this since new ,before and after tune also.
__________________
2012 ZL1
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:43 PM   #16
Azzkker
 
Azzkker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, 99 z28, 89 iroc-z
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Decatur, IL
Posts: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
Mine does this as well. Can not do a burnout to save itself.

I Can't apply more than quarter throttle quickly without cutting loose when driving at speed (moving) 30, 40 ,50 mph spins no problem.

But burn out, or leave with full throttle, forget it ..bogs bucks cuts out falls on its face, craps right out.
Done this since new ,before and after tune also.
This sure sounds like the traction contol is engaging. Does your tcs lights flash when the power is cut and it boggs down? If i am driving around in ptm mode 5 it will spin them at higher speeds no problem, but from a stop or low speeds, it steps in and cuts power to regain traction. When i hold the TC button down for 10 seconds when both lights come on one at a time and then stay on, the car will blaze those tires like crazy from a stop or low speed roll on. This car loves donuts lol
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #17
jimmy5
 
jimmy5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Big Spring, TX
Posts: 479
Mine will stumble out of the hole too, and I have done the battery disconnect on it, then I read about how it pulls timing when you hit it WOT from a dead stop. Seems to correspond well, all the guys getting to the 11's dont kill it from a dead stop either, they ease into the throttle while disengaging the clutch, and this method has worked well for me too.
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #18
Oneslowz28
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1265
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: McHenry, IL
Posts: 598
i think it was fuse 5 and 11 for the ecm resets. I honestly can say i have never hammered it from a dead stop. I know its pointless since i can blaze the tires at any time. I have always eased into the throttle with every fast car i have ever owned. I blew a clutch up once when i was younger dropping it and have not done it since. I feel there is no need to do that in these cars, they have more power on demand than most people can handle.
Oneslowz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:10 PM   #19
Blown355
 
Blown355's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 Black M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
I heard from my tuner after a fuse pull it puts the ecm into the low octane table and it takes a while for the ecm to "catch up".
This is absolutely not true! I have the HP Tuners scan to prove it.
__________________
2012 ZL1 #1092
Black on Black
10 spoke
M6
ECF

Mods: 8.6" lower pulley, Kooks LT w/cats, Hx, Tune
560 rwhp

11.73@122, 1.91 60ft. "DA 1529"
Blown355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #20
Stephen12ZL1

 
Stephen12ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Mechanicsville VA
Posts: 1,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown355 View Post
This is absolutely not true! I have the HP Tuners scan to prove it.
Thanks and I believe you.
__________________
#917 A6. 10.67@126.2 1.53 60' ATI/Lingenfelter balancer (10" ring), stock upper pulley, 90mm TB, ID850s,Rotofab/Lingenfelter intercooler reservoir, Cooler Logic HX, Lingenfelter idler relocation bracket, NGK TR7ix, 160 t-stat, Dewitts Radiator, Texas Speed 1 7/8" headers(no cats). M&H drag radials 325/45-17 & M&H 28x4.5" bias skinnies. Tuning by Frost at Performance Autosport in Richmond, VA (804) 358-2505
Stephen12ZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:36 PM   #21
Mil
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Bat Cave
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
I heard from my tuner after a fuse pull it puts the ecm into the low octane table and it takes a while for the ecm to "catch up". Drive it more and it should learn and work itself out. Double check your fuses too. Maybe disconnect the battery for a few minutes then reconnect and drive...couldn't hurt.
Today .. i went back in pulled ecm fuses 5, and 20 again .. heard about the battery backup ecm fuse in the trunk pulled that also .. the fuses out for about 1hr. .. I'll be cruising the car around til i reach 2,500miles .. hope it all sort it self out like you say so i can plan a weekend to go do my first 1/4 run.

thanks
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #22
Mil
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Bat Cave
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker View Post
This sure sounds like the traction contol is engaging. Does your tcs lights flash when the power is cut and it boggs down? If i am driving around in ptm mode 5 it will spin them at higher speeds no problem, but from a stop or low speeds, it steps in and cuts power to regain traction. When i hold the TC button down for 10 seconds when both lights come on one at a time and then stay on, the car will blaze those tires like crazy from a stop or low speed roll on. This car loves donuts lol
before i did the fuse pull.. i had all traction assist off (put in race mode)
when i nailed the peddle i was able to light up the rear tires.. after the fuse pull now its just too embarrassing to even try when someone ask can you light em up..
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #23
Mil
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Bat Cave
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown355 View Post
This is absolutely not true! I have the HP Tuners scan to prove it.
hmmm then something else must be going on .. maybe I've developed a vacuum leak gremlin .. or maybe i have a defective blown out CAT (making too much heat and robbing the Horse Power)??
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #24
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mil View Post
ZL1 Start from dead stop, Stumbles are Boggs .. Can't do a burn out.
Traction control turned off, Start from first gear punching the exhilarator car stumbles nearly bogging out .. cant do a burn out.. then picks up and go..


Noticed i have this issue after i did the ecm fuses 5, and 20 pull.. before that my ZL1 could put down the pwr to the rear and smoke em up .. . now i'm regretting i did the fuse pull out of curiosity. I never ran anything less than 93 octane fuel .. i were one of the few people that probably did not need to do the fuse pull but did it anyway out of curiosity.. anyone have any ideas what''s going on.. could it be something else coincidentally that developed after i did the fuse pull could it be have a vacuum leak some where?????
Exactly!!!....I had the identical problem. I will specify. I have 1,200 miles on mine now. Earlier on, less than 1,000 miles, I tried to launch the car in PTM 5, or any PTM setting.. at less than full throttle to the floor <LC, Lauch Control> . Let's say for example 2,500 RPM, or any RPM other than LC mash and hold... the car would take off, then when the rear tires stopped spinning it would nose over and die, then accelerate after lifting the throttle. The only way around this was to do launch without activating PTM. Note: I could launch at any RPM without activating PTM, in other words keeping it in regular tour or sport without pressing any buttons, then launch at any RPM of choice and it wouldn't bog, die, or nose over. Note: Since I have reached my current mileage, I do not have this issue. I can roll out in PTM 5, standing start, or just nail it from a jump...and do not experience the same nose over bog condition as I did before. My thinking suggests there is something with the ECM and algorythims of the car that does this. Or...you and I have some peculiar issue...
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #25
Mil
 
Drives: 2013 Victory Red w/ automatic #671
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Bat Cave
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Exactly!!!....I had the identical problem. I will specify. I have 1,200 miles on mine now. Earlier on, less than 1,000 miles, I tried to launch the car in PTM 5, or any PTM setting.. at less than full throttle to the floor <LC, Lauch Control> . Let's say for example 2,500 RPM, or any RPM other than LC mash and hold... the car would take off, then when the rear tires stopped spinning it would nose over and die, then accelerate after lifting the throttle. The only way around this was to do launch without activating PTM. Note: I could launch at any RPM without activating PTM, in other words keeping it in regular tour or sport without pressing any buttons, then launch at any RPM of choice and it wouldn't bog, die, or nose over. Note: Since I have reached my current mileage, I do not have this issue. I can roll out in PTM 5, standing start, or just nail it from a jump...and do not experience the same nose over bog condition as I did before. My thinking suggests there is something with the ECM and algorythims of the car that does this. Or...you and I have some peculiar issue...
Well seems we both have confirmed similar issue.. I wonder how many more who done this fuse pull out of curiosity will end up having same problem?
Mil is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.