Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Dynomax
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission Tune and diagnostics for engines and auto transmission.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
tillroot1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Looking for a good shop in the Billings Mt area

I am wondering if anyone can refer a good tuner shop in the Billings Mt area, it is the nearest city newr where I live, I am having problems with my car and am looking for some help. Thanks, Ron Tilley
tillroot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
tillroot1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
How about the Denver area? would I be better off with a dyno tune or a downloadable tune? thanks, Ron Tilley
tillroot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #3
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
I'm looking for one here as well. I have asked around but no luck yet. Unless I find something before, when I get ready to tune I think I will go with Jannetty Racing. There should be something in the Denver area. If I find one here I will let you know.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
JDP Tech

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS 429 LSX/F1X
You will be much better off going with a dyno/street tune, as they see the car, have the car, and can drive the car to make the tune what your car wants, not what a majority of other cars want. Much more precise than a mail order tune.

We've had a couple customers come down from Montana, and several from Wyoming, we have a full shop with a DynoJet 244xLC to get your tune correct

Feel free to call, email, or PM us anytime!

- Jeremy
Old 11-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
SPCBA
Blake

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
I am looking to move to Montana....would I really have to drive 2 States to get a good shop?
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I just moved to the area as well and i found a shop called Automotive Performance Center, not sure what they do since they are not open on the weekend. But it might be worth going over there and asking. 406-248-9147
Old 11-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #7
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
Born and raised in Billings but I don't live there now and only make it back a couple times per year. I can say it was always difficult finding good performance shops there. I don't know if anyone offers dyno tuning there but if I was a betting man I would guess not. You'll probably have to ask around. APC used to be mainly a machine shop that sold race parts as well. Unless they have expanded, probably not going to have dyno tuning but they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Mail tunes can get you started. Janetty is well know for providing this service. I use Vengeance Racing whig also has worked well for me. As Justin says though, nothing is better than an actual dyno tune. The more mods you have on your car, the more this will be beneficial.

Finally, this is a LONG shot but check with J&G Diesel Performance in the Billings Heights. They are pretty big in the diesel drag scene so they may be able to tell you who can do it for you in the area. Post up if you find someone that does it.

The Workhorse: 2006 Silverado CCSB, EFI Live, MBRP/Diamond Eye 4" turbo back, Edge Insight CTS
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote