Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 04:00 AM   #15
Shazam613
 
Shazam613's Avatar
 
Drives: Ordered 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
This is a post from BasAssBumbleBee when he unboxed his AAC installed HID retrofit. It's not the best pic, but if you look at the one that's of the back of the housing you can see that it doesn't look like what's in your OP. Did you say AAC installed them?

AAC didnt install it, but it performed the retrofit, and as you can see from my pics and the ones you've provided....they look totally different? I absolutely didnt have the bulb holder provided at all. AAC is going to ignore this post, but I am definitely going to hold them to the fire for this. Unacceptable!!!!
__________________
-Will(Shazam613)
Shazam613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #16
Wooden Heart
 
Wooden Heart's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cleburne, Texas
Posts: 391
Wow...just wow.
__________________
Wooden Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #17
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
This right here is how it should be done!! Great work Austin! Looks amazing!
Thank u very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam613 View Post
Thanks for the pic sir.....do you mind if I use this pic in a dispute with AAC? when my set was delivered they looked NOTHING like that? And when I questioned them about the silicone, supposedly it was added byh them to keep moisture out of the housing, which is why I call it shoddy workmanship. I have to chip through that mess to swap a BULB? Ridiculous!!!!
By all means use any pictures you need.
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:26 AM   #18
puertoricanfont

 
Drives: 2016 scat pack charger
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Posts: 1,621
wow OP i cant believe that they sent it out like that. Mine look like austin's def not some silicone holding the light. Hopefully AAC gets their shit together. Lately they been messing up quite a bit. My sidemarkers had to be sent in for moisture problems even thought they stated that this was no longer a problem. The good things is that they do take care of you. Just make sure to have your receipt and pay shipping lol
__________________
puertoricanfont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 AM   #19
Shazam613
 
Shazam613's Avatar
 
Drives: Ordered 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Thank u very much



By all means use any pictures you need.
Thanks Austin.....I'm going to send yet another email to Jonathan @ AAC to see if this gets things in motion. At this point this needs to be redone, and redone right!


Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
wow OP i cant believe that they sent it out like that. Mine look like austin's def not some silicone holding the light. Hopefully AAC gets their shit together. Lately they been messing up quite a bit. My sidemarkers had to be sent in for moisture problems even thought they stated that this was no longer a problem. The good things is that they do take care of you. Just make sure to have your receipt and pay shipping lol

and that last statement is part of what pisses me off. The fact that I have to pay shipping for them to correct this obvious crapfest.....and they seem to think it is fine......speechless.
__________________
-Will(Shazam613)
Shazam613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:44 AM   #20
Calikenn
 
Calikenn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 623
Sorry to hear about this shaz. Stay strong and don't settle...hope things work out.
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:47 AM   #21
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam613 View Post
Thanks Austin.....I'm going to send yet another email to Jonathan @ AAC to see if this gets things in motion. At this point this needs to be redone, and redone right!





and that last statement is part of what pisses me off. The fact that I have to pay shipping for them to correct this obvious crapfest.....and they seem to think it is fine......speechless.
Keep in mind. AAC is all at SEMA this week, so you may not hear back from him right away.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:41 PM   #22
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Keep in mind. AAC is all at SEMA this week, so you may not hear back from him right away.
Good. More people can see it before it gets deleted.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #23
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
Good. More people can see it before it gets deleted.
Why would it get deleted?
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #24
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Why would it get deleted?
It seems any thread talking bad about AAC gets deleted. Or at least posts get removed.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #25
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right
 
austinjames's Avatar
 
Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Posts: 3,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by C586 View Post
It seems any thread talking bad about AAC gets deleted. Or at least posts get removed.
I tend to agree with C586 on this one. Seems as though whenever someone brings up a negative comment about a vendor....poof...thread gone or at least a handful of posts. Even if the comments are 100% true. Theres a lot more politics on this site then there use to be regarding vendors. sad but true.
__________________
austinjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:56 PM   #26
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam613 View Post
AAC didnt install it, but it performed the retrofit, and as you can see from my pics and the ones you've provided....they look totally different? I absolutely didnt have the bulb holder provided at all. AAC is going to ignore this post, but I am definitely going to hold them to the fire for this. Unacceptable!!!!
I'm confused. They performed the retrofit but they didn't install the bulbs and ballast?
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #27
C586
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 1,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I'm confused. They performed the retrofit but they didn't install the bulbs and ballast?
They did a incomplete retrofit with cheap knock off parts. They glued the bulb into place instead of doing it the correct way with clips. They didn't install the ballasts because its hard to do that without his car.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:30 AM   #28
Shazam613
 
Shazam613's Avatar
 
Drives: Ordered 2010 Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 68
Thanks for the info....printing this thread out now as a PDF....just to make sure I have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
I tend to agree with C586 on this one. Seems as though whenever someone brings up a negative comment about a vendor....poof...thread gone or at least a handful of posts. Even if the comments are 100% true. Theres a lot more politics on this site then there use to be regarding vendors. sad but true.
__________________
-Will(Shazam613)
Shazam613 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
aac, hid retrofit

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.