Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #1
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!
 
Lio Martinez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxnard. CA
Posts: 1,734
how can i make a 1LE perfor like a ZL1?

So my TPW 11/12 for my Camaro 1LE I ended up getting more money wich means I can literalky get a ZL1... But the wait is too long ..... The dealership don't know how longit will take ? So I decided to maybe just stick to my 1LE .... Will I be able to reach ZL1 status with my 1Le adding performance parts and staying legal in california ?
Any help ... What turbo or supercharger can I add on legal 50 states? How much ?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
tramtwo


 
tramtwo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,306
In a word. No. If you have a shot at the ZL1 take it, I would.
__________________
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
GaBoy25


 
GaBoy25's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: South Georgia
Posts: 2,543
There is a used ZL1 2200 miles near me for 56k.

Original dealership that sold the car and took in back on trade.

I would jump on this if the wife wouldnt kill me
__________________
FASTER than my SS....for now

2500HD (with a couple parts)



Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Neriah

 
Neriah's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brentwood, CA
Posts: 860
There is a used ZL1 by me (Norcal) with 950 miles on it. For around 50-60k. I think it was @ 58k. Look on ebay, there is a bunch of them.
__________________
Built By Blu808
LG G6X3 Cam, UD Pully, Rotofab Intake.
Dynatech LT's. Borla ATAK Catback.
Full BMR bushings and suspension.
Neriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team
 
So Cal Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunny So Cal
Posts: 3,560
Here is a ZL1 ready to be bought at MSRP...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257899
__________________
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?
 
SUKXOST's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Posts: 3,158
I thought this through as well but I'm QUITE sure a boosted 1LE with supporting mods can outperform a ZL1 for cheaper and more custom to the owners desires.

My 1LE build will roughly cost me:
~under 42K for my 1LE w/: (already signed the paperwork so this is right)
2SS; RS; Premium Audio; interior illumination; NPP and NAV
~8K for my build parts:
tvs 2300 w/ 3.6 pulley and 1:1 rear drive; 1 7/8" LT headers; Comp Mode AI Chiller; RotoFab intake with relocate kit and ADM scoop; heritage grill; Pfadt springs and tinted
~already quoted right around $2,500 labor for above entire build; lowering and aggressive street alignment along with custom tuning!

Not counting dollars but that's a close cost for my 1LE build and that's $52,500 for a car that's built how I want at appx 550-600WHP. That's several thousand LESS than a stock ZL1 that has appx 500WHP.

Choice is clear IMO.
__________________
My 1LE (645WHP/597WTQ) build/journal Thread:
1st ever 1LE COTW http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255461
SUKXOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
Mgizzle

 
Mgizzle's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 948
It depends what you mean with perfirm like zl1. If it is just power, add ons get u there. If it is total chassis package buy a zl1.
__________________
I work for General Motors and am not an official spokes person for General Motors. My views and opinions are my own and not those of General Motors.
Mgizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
ToolFan66


 
ToolFan66's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,095
Just get a ZL1..

I for one would be happy with a 1LE but I am happy with my SGM SS as well so my imput doesn't matter LOL!!!

With that said I would jump on a ZL1 if I had the funds!!!
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 7,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
I thought this through as well but I'm QUITE sure a boosted 1LE with supporting mods can outperform a ZL1 for cheaper and more custom to the owners desires.

My 1LE build will roughly cost me:
~under 42K for my 1LE w/: (already signed the paperwork so this is right)
2SS; RS; Premium Audio; interior illumination; NPP and NAV
~8K for my build parts:
tvs 2300 w/ 3.6 pulley and 1:1 rear drive; 1 7/8" LT headers; Comp Mode AI Chiller; RotoFab intake with relocate kit and ADM scoop; heritage grill; Pfadt springs and tinted
~already quoted right around $2,500 labor for above entire build; lowering and aggressive street alignment along with custom tuning!

Not counting dollars but that's a close cost for my 1LE build and that's $52,500 for a car that's built how I want at appx 550-600WHP. That's several thousand LESS than a stock ZL1 that has appx 500WHP.

Choice is clear IMO.
And you still won't have a ZL1 ... You'll be missing brakes, balance, suspension, computers, and warranty.
__________________
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #10
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 3,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
So my TPW 11/12 for my Camaro 1LE I ended up getting more money wich means I can literalky get a ZL1... But the wait is too long ..... The dealership don't know how longit will take ? So I decided to maybe just stick to my 1LE .... Will I be able to reach ZL1 status with my 1Le adding performance parts and staying legal in california ?
Any help ... What turbo or supercharger can I add on legal 50 states? How much ?
WHAT. Cam that bad boy add coilovers and upgraded sways and eat the ZL-1 for lunch.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #11
L99CAMA2011


 
L99CAMA2011's Avatar
 
Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Masachusetts
Posts: 3,845
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
And you still won't have a ZL1 ... You'll be missing brakes, balance, suspension, computers, and warranty.
Balance????? . The stock wibbly wobble suspension with stock endlinks and approx 300 to 400lbs more.

Last edited by L99CAMA2011; 11-04-2012 at 07:40 AM.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #12
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 5,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
And you still won't have a ZL1 ... You'll be missing brakes, balance, suspension, computers, and warranty.
Plus I doubt that build is CA legal. Wouldn't be much fun to build that car and not be able to drive it.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
Soulr che
 
Soulr che's Avatar
 
Drives: 2lt Camaro
Join Date: May 2009
Location: So CAl
Posts: 87
was one in temcula

black and a auto. was there a week ago or so.

5k over. basturdaages!!!
Soulr che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #14
SlingShot


 
SlingShot's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Seminole, Fl.
Posts: 7,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Balance????? Pedders/PFADT what do you guys think of the stock ZL-1s balance . The stock wibbly wobble suspension with stock endlinks and approx 300 to 400lbs more.

Weight balance


You would have to remount the engine in the SS back and down, or did you not know about that ... There is a lot more about the ZL1 than meats the eye.
__________________
SlingShot is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.