Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 11-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #26
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Yes, it's all about what YOU want out of your V6. I wanted the extra HP and was willing to do the mod. The NA camaro is a great car I just wanted something more but not another V8.
Ash is really knowledgeable at these ECUs. I have done engine control for Turbine Engines for almost 30 yrs and he knows his stuff and is great at turning the files around. He is one of the reasons I am delighted with my IPF SC kit. Now if the snow would stop so I can show off his and IPFs handy work First a hurricane and today a Nor easter the Camaro doesn't do well in heavy snow !
Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #27
Ikmv
Deer Whisperer

Drives: 2011 SGM 1LT/RS IPF Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to Ikmv Send a message via Skype™ to Ikmv
Lol I have a vid of me driving through the nor'easter I just took driving home with T2 ports exposing the air filter of the SC. Had to watch my lead foot but a soon as I had space on a private road lol I had to play with the power and fishtail it a bit. Ran great!
Ikmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #28
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Yes, it is cheaper but if you crave the power output level of fi, you will never achieve that with na. I mean the most we have right now for na is the MACE cams which even then we have to see what the gains are. Now, the cams would be about 1000 to buy and probably another 1000 in installation because of the complexity of the engine. Also, let's say you get the ported heads from RX, that's another 1200 after the core return and probably add a little for install. Having stated that, you're already 3200 in and who knows what you're getting out of the cams and heads. Also, who knows what the driveability will be at that point if your car is a daily driver. If you get great gains, then good but if they are minimal gains, I'd save the 3200 you're out and put it either towards the supercharger or a nitrous kit if you're interested in the track

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #29
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Yes, it is cheaper but if you crave the power output level of fi, you will never achieve that with na. I mean the most we have right now for na is the MACE cams which even then we have to see what the gains are. Now, the cams would be about 1000 to buy and probably another 1000 in installation because of the complexity of the engine. Having stated that, you're already 2000 in and who knows what you're getting out of the cams. If you get great gains, then good but if they are minimal gains, I'd save the 2000 you're out and put it either towards the supercharger or a nitrous kit if you're interested in the track
Now your getting into internal engine modifications that put you in another racing class. Your right, more money than I'm willing to spend.

Very happy competing with the simple bolt on folks and plenty fast for me.

I'm in for about $3k spent over 3 years and waiting on my last performance mod (IPF tune) and then hit the track.

Too far along to even consider FI since the car may be traded in a year or two.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:14 PM   #30
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 GTO View Post
Now your getting into internal engine modifications that put you in another racing class. Your right, more money than I'm willing to spend.

Very happy competing with the simple bolt on folks and plenty fast for me.

I'm in for about $3k spent over 3 years and waiting on my last performance mod (IPF tune) and then hit the track.

Too far along to even consider FI since the car may be traded in a year or two.
I agree with you. At the moment, I'm satisfied where I'm at. The car feels pretty fast for me and I might be doing an IPF tune in the future to finish everything up Was going to install long tubes but it seems many are having headaches with them so I'm going to hold out on those.

Later down the road, I want the IPF kit.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #31
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Yep I agree...depends on the power you are seeking. A supercharger would be the shiz but I love the NA thing just as much. If this ipf tune does like it sounds like it could do, we might get these simple bolt on cars further along than before.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #32
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
If you are in need of an IPF tune in FL, I have a tuner and can get it set up for you, there is a charge that goes to the owner of the tuner (not me)

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #33
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
At least there's options nowadays. Like Ashley Schaffer says " Either way you're a winner! Either Way!!"

stand-al0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #34
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
I have to add, if starting out with a fresh LFX, I'd be all over this kit and call it a day.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:35 PM   #35
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
If you are going to change out the pulley, then you'll have to change out the BOV.for the higher output. or just gag it .hehe
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #36
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
Is there any video of the IPF on a LLT Camaro- I know stand-alOne said it was quiet, but alot of the vids I've seen on S/C cars had more gear whine than I expected.

Also Ash, can you PM me a price for install if I come see you in Tempe?
Thanks-
Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, SS struts/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing sways, Pedders radius arm & rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #37
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Is there any video of the IPF on a LLT Camaro- I know stand-alOne said it was quiet, but alot of the vids I've seen on S/C cars had more gear whine than I expected.

Thanks-
I'd contact member IPF Tuning, that's Jesse. He will assist you through everything and has great customer service

Old 11-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #38
Ikmv
Deer Whisperer

Drives: 2011 SGM 1LT/RS IPF Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to Ikmv Send a message via Skype™ to Ikmv
Quote:

Thanks-
Ill post a vid of mine as soon as things get settled around my area.
Ikmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #39
Ventmaster

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS 1LT M6
Thank-you gents!
Airaid CAI, Rx ported TB, Mace ported IM, JBA shorty headers, Richmond 3.73, Borla touring axleback, Hurst short throw, NH-SS fix, IDEALG clutch m/c, SS struts/springs, Spohn trailing arms, Pfadt Racing sways, Pedders radius arm & rear subframe bushing inserts, 2LT gauge pkg.TSW Nurburgs. IPF S/C
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:27 PM   #40
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
What kind of video are you looking for ?
Are you looking for WOT ? If your looking for rear end noise that could be difficult.

Quote:

Thanks-
Old 11-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #41
Det_Duke

Drives: 2010V6IPFSupercharger BBK's 480 HP
I Love my IPF Supercharger 10 psi @ 6300 rpm, 380 RWHP B 4 BBK's and Cats. 413 now. Had it Put on Livernois Motorsports Dyno to get the numbers.Without traction control on I left 100 feet of Pirelli's and smoke so thick it made a whole block dissapear, lol. Getting ready to go to Milan Dragway at 11AM today. Will post times when I get back. BTW Jesse is great to work with.
Det_Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #42
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Many kudos to the guys at REDLINE MOTORSPORTS and IPF Products, a superior shop here in Florida and a great Supercharger System....
Attached Images

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #43
KMPrenger

OK...so again I'm confused. Det_Duke claims 10psi of boost at 6,300 rpm, but according to IPF their kits make about 7 - 8 psi of boost at 7,000 rpm at sea level.

Det_Duke...can you explain or maybe an IPF rep can jump in here and straighten us out?

Whats the scoop? I know of no other pulley that IPF offers.
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
Old 11-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #44
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
OK...so again I'm confused. Det_Duke claims 10psi of boost at 6,300 rpm, but according to IPF their kits make about 7 - 8 psi of boost at 7,000 rpm at sea level.

Det_Duke...can you explain or maybe an IPF rep can jump in here and straighten us out?

Whats the scoop? I know of no other pulley that IPF offers.
Ash said 9 psi @ 7200ish.

But I agree so many conflicting reports.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #45
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post

True...I should have said 7 - 8 psi at 6,800 rpm instead of 7,000 since sycraft is making 7 psi on his and dyno'd at 6,800 rpm.

As a follow up, I have read elsewhere that Det_Duke is saying his is getting excessive oil and gas in the catch can. Maybe something is causing the added pressure which is why it is reading higher boost? Just a guess...I'm no expert on this stuff.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #46
Det_Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post

Just pulled the dyno sheet 9.91 psi @ 7200, my HP starts to drop off at 6400 hope that makes more sense.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #47
ASH@IPF-TUNING

Drives: 4x4 Turbo
Hi !

@DET-DUKE : Please send me or Jesse@IPF-TUNING your VIN by PM and i check if there is a software update for your car .. 6400 RPM start drop off seems bit tooo low for me !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
ASH@IPF-TUNING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #48
Det_Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH@EDS View Post
Hi !

@DET-DUKE : Please send me or Jesse@IPF-TUNING your VIN by PM and i check if there is a software update for your car .. 6400 RPM start drop off seems bit tooo low for me !

Greets ASH@IPF-TUNING
Thanks so much but I bought the tuner and software, its on the way by UPS. Went to the track knowing it needed a tune, just added BBK's & High flow Cats, but last weekend for Miland Dragway lol just had to go. It ran 13:31's @108 all day 8.6 1/8 @ 83 mph 2.0 60 ft.

Last edited by Det_Duke; 11-10-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #49
KMPrenger

So possibly doing a retune could help some from what it seems?

I'm guessing you meant 8.6 1/8 mile @ 83mph?

What was your 60 foot time? 108 MPH is a pretty fast MPH. Looking at the Camaro SS 1/4 mile fast list, all of the ones running around 108 MPH are finishing anywhere from 12.7 to 13 flat, so it seems it is definitely possible for you to pull off a faster time
Old 11-10-2012, 05:05 PM   #50
Det_Duke

BTW I also enjoy 40.2 mpg if i'm nice to it.