Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 03-22-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
Pappaprime

Drives: 2014 camaro
lost respect for NOS need help converting a kit

I spent 40 mins on the phone with the techs at NOS and I am still not any closer to setting up my nitrous. I have a universal fogger kit that I had been running on several vehicles through the years. I now want to set it up on my 2014 lfx. I think I have the correct jets figured out for 35 50 and 75 assuming my fuel pressure is around 45lbs. I will post these later. My questions are with the torque management i dont think i can use my micoswitch under the pedal because even if my foot is on the floor the torque management limits the fuel. How do you over come this . Window switch. If so how do you wire it. I am use to a bang button. Thanks in advance Ill ask the rest of the questions if someone is willing to help me.Thanks in advance.
Pappaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
IneedAZ

Drives: not enough power
Wouldn't torque management be off if u hit the traction button for 7 seconds. I know in the directions of most kits it requires you to do so. Of course I did a no no and forgot once to turn it off and engine light and stabitrak lights all came on during a run. Also definitely monitor your FP on some passes. Mine had many dips into the low 30's til I changed the pump to the ZL1 pump and even then I had to up the line size to #6 going to my fuel solenoid to carry more volume. Now it seems to run in the 50's.
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, and more. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:02 AM   #3
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: EB Expedition, 2010 2SS/RS M6
As stated, hold the button down to turn everything off. Are you auto or manual? The bang button, is that in reference to a manually operated system or to just purge through the engine. Thinking manual system, since it is mentioned about a window switch addition.
Nitrous Outlet Plate (progressive, fuel hose upgrade, remote opener, heater, filter, console switches), LNC2000, ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers, Jet Hot Coated LTs, JRE SCT Tune, CAI, Rx Catch Can, Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res, Metco loop, Momentum Tunnel Brace, Autometer wideband, Fesler Pillar Pod, LED strips (interior), Lloyds floor & trunk mats, LED DRL/front turn & license plate, DRL harness, VLEDs tail lights, Plasticoat Bowties, vinyl Bowtie center caps. No holes drilled. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov. 19, 2009 13.17 @ 112.6 Bone stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #4
Pappaprime

Thanks so much for the tip about holding the button down for 7 seconds. I have been having the care since december and never knew it. So this is where i stand. I have an NOS wet kit with single nozzle and purge. I need to buy a micro switch or a window switch to activate the system . I am assuming that the car has around 45 to 50 psi of fuel pressure and if so I have jets for 50 75 and 100. I know that the traction control and stabli trac must be turned off. I will have to mount the nozzle in the 90 degree elbow in the intake because my lines from my solenoids are not long enough to get it further away. Is this spot ok. Also my fuel feed line is -4AN and is a direct fit on the fuel test port. If I connect directly to this port by pulling the valve core out will I get enough fuel flow. I do not want to cut the factory fuel line. Also what is the talk about a pulse style fuel system . Someone told me i must run a standalone fuel system because of this. My bull crap meter is pegged out when he said that. And the last question is what about a dry system. Can it be done with our cars how much is safe and so on. I am a big fan of the nitrous in a bag systems because I am trying to perserve my warranty. I am not willing to do a tune at this point. And one last thing. What is the final word on plugs. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #5
IneedAZ

Drives: not enough power
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappaprime View Post
Thanks so much for the tip about holding the button down for 7 seconds. I have been having the care since december and never knew it. So this is where i stand. I have an NOS wet kit with single nozzle and purge. I need to buy a micro switch or a window switch to activate the system . I am assuming that the car has around 45 to 50 psi of fuel pressure and if so I have jets for 50 75 and 100. I know that the traction control and stabli trac must be turned off. I will have to mount the nozzle in the 90 degree elbow in the intake because my lines from my solenoids are not long enough to get it further away. Is this spot ok. Also my fuel feed line is -4AN and is a direct fit on the fuel test port. If I connect directly to this port by pulling the valve core out will I get enough fuel flow. I do not want to cut the factory fuel line. Also what is the talk about a pulse style fuel system . Someone told me i must run a standalone fuel system because of this. My bull crap meter is pegged out when he said that. And the last question is what about a dry system. Can it be done with our cars how much is safe and so on. I am a big fan of the nitrous in a bag systems because I am trying to perserve my warranty. I am not willing to do a tune at this point. And one last thing. What is the final word on plugs. Thanks in advance.
The test port is the correct spot. If u are only going up to 100hp shot you should be able to get away from having to install a dedicated fuel setup. However, you may find yourself adding the ZL1 fuel pump to the car in order to keep the fuel pressure and volume up. When i initially set mine up i had many passes logged where the pressure dropped below 30psi. To fix it i added the ZL1 pump and changed my line to the solenoid from the test port to #6 which gave more volume. Now i tend to run 45-70psi.

I would think you could get by with a small shot without the tune, but 75 or 100 i would do a tune cause you are going to want timing pulled to get the most out of it with the least risk.

Plugs, either NGK or i just switched to Brisk RR14YS. It is one step colder and ok for all around driving.
2012: Vmax TBody, CAI w/scoop, Solo HFC, ZL1 FP, Magnaflow TruX, Dynomax VT, RX catch can, HP Tune, BMR; Springs, Sways, Trailing Arms, Toe Ends, & Safety Loop, Pioneer Z150bh, Phoenix Gold Sub, Hertz speakers & 5ch Amp, SS rear with 3.91 gears w/Eaton TrueTrac, and BMR bushings, Baer Decela Rotors, Goodridge brake lines, Brembo(GM) 4 piston calipers, Hawk Ceramic pads, and Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires, Ny-Trex Nitrous, and more. 345RWHP/354lbsTQ 12.8@108
IneedAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #6
Pappaprime

What about a dry system. Do you know of anyone who has ran one, i thought you could only do dry systems on vehicles that that a fuel pressure regulator like the lt1. I could be mistaken. I will most likely only use a 75 shot and I may try 100. Do you think I can safely run a dry at 75.