Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Ride Tech
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 04-17-2015, 01:59 AM   #1
djrasras

Drives: 2010 2LT Bumblebee
IPF + Nitrous

So I have heard good things about the Ny-Trex kit (easy installation, safe, etc.) and I am wondering if anyone with the IPF is running it. I was wondering if extra modification is required since we are not using the stock intake, and since I am new to NO2, I was wondering if there is any advice to be had.

Here is what I am purchasing:
http://www.amazon.com/DEI-110028-Tri.../dp/B00EE20Q5O

Seems to be complete, but I heard there are some extra things I need to buy for safety. Please let me know what you think.
IPF Supercharger, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, MRT V2 Exhaust, Barton Short Throw Shifter, ZL1 grille, Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler and Stripes, Blue LED Halos and HID fogs, Blue Footwell and Interior Lights
djrasras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:44 PM   #2
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
No experience with the IPF, but a couple things I would suggest...

#1 - MSD 8969 digital window switch
#2 - Bottle heater
#3 - WOT switch if the kit doesn't come with one

I also opted for a remote pressure gauge so I can see it from the drivers seat.

A remote bottle opener comes in handy if you want to be able to open the bottle without getting out of the car. you know, just in case you needed it unexpectedly for any reason ;-).

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
MagnumForceGB

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 / 2014 Mustang 5.0
Keep in mind, nitrous shots double on boost, so a 35 will act like a 70. You will need to keep an eye on your fuel pressure.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:49 PM   #4
djrasras

So how can I tune the kit to say, spray 50 shot?
IPF Supercharger, Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, VMAX Ice-olator and Ported Throttle Body, MRT V2 Exhaust, Barton Short Throw Shifter, ZL1 grille, Carbon Fiber Lip Spoiler and Stripes, Blue LED Halos and HID fogs, Blue Footwell and Interior Lights
Old 04-17-2015, 12:51 PM   #5
Superfly1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT #2197
The level of nitrous is all done with jets. The kit will come with the jets and a chart to get you started.

CAI intake | OBX LT Headers | Flowmaster AT Exhaust | Trifecta Tune | SS Rear Diff, Axles & Driveshaft
Zex 100 Shot Nitrous | Konig Airstrike Wheels | Custom Engine Cover, Fuse Box & Underhood Bowtie
Eibach Springs & SS Sway Bars
| BMR Strut Brace | Drake Shifter | Vitesse Paddles | 13.26 @ 105.88 mph
Superfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:22 PM   #6
djrasras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly1 View Post
The level of nitrous is all done with jets. The kit will come with the jets and a chart to get you started.
Ok that's what I thought. So I guess I just have to hope that the there is no fitment issues cause of the IPF kit
Old 04-17-2015, 01:32 PM   #7
13blackLS

Drives: 2013 camaro ls; 2005 rx8
Shouldnt be any fitment issues, but your tb will be pushed forward almost an inch from the plate, so you would just have to adjust the charge pipe some (i cut the coupler on my cai intake so it would still sit straight) but with the silicone pipes it could probably be turned at the joint some to accomodate...

Let me know how it works out as i still have my nytrex system, and if i ever get the sc to run right i may consider doing this too hahahaa
13blackLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 01:33 PM   #8
djrasras

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13blackLS View Post
Shouldnt be any fitment issues, but your tb will be pushed forward almost an inch from the plate, so you would just have to adjust the charge pipe some (i cut the coupler on my cai intake so it would still sit straight) but with the silicone pipes it could probably be turned at the joint some to accomodate...

Let me know how it works out as i still have my nytrex system, and if i ever get the sc to run right i may consider doing this too hahahaa
Sure thing, I'll definitely update this post once I get it installed.
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM   #9
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Would loved to see some boosted & sprayed v6s has anyone done this yet?

Rotofab Cold Air Intake//Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller//MRT V1 Exhaust//Apex Catch Can//Z28 Rear Spoiler//OEM '14 SS Hood Vent Set Up//APR Carbon Splitter
https://www.facebook.com/DRIVENenthusiasts
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote