Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Forced Induction - V6 V6 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2014, 07:07 PM   #1001
Need4speed_motorsports


 
Need4speed_motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
647 RWHP/726 RWTQ. I can live with that for a while.

Attachment 572722
Wow! those are some impressive numbers.
Need4speed_motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #1002
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO
 
TommyTheCat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Both stock pumps are good to around 500 RWHP on an automatic. For me, the HPFP was the one that couldn't keep up, but we were near to maxing out the in-tank pump as well, so we decided to upgrade it when we put the supplemental fuel system on. We are probably close to the limits of the ZL1 in-tank pump now so we will need to either slap on the ADM FMIC, a BAP, or put in dual in-tank pumps to push it much further. I'm more worried about trying to make the same power without the supplemental system right now that making more power.
If you decide to swap out those parts send them my way! and do you really think it makes a difference for the pumps on auto and stick?
__________________
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:20 PM   #1003
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
If you decide to swap out those parts send them my way! and do you really think it makes a difference for the pumps on auto and stick?
No, just that an manual car will make more rwhp than an auto for the same engine power. So, a person with a manual shouldn't set their expectations based on my results.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:38 PM   #1004
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO
 
TommyTheCat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
No, just that an manual car will make more rwhp than an auto for the same engine power. So, a person with a manual shouldn't set their expectations based on my results.
well it makes a difference but i doubt its that huge on newer cars.
by the way what are the stock gears on our 3.6s? i think autos and stick are different but if you know them it'd help.
__________________
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #1005
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
well it makes a difference but i doubt its that huge on newer cars.
by the way what are the stock gears on our 3.6s? i think autos and stick are different but if you know them it'd help.
Manuals tend to lose about 15% and autos 20%. So, my setup on a manual would make another 40 rwhp.

All the v6 Camros except the 2LS have 3.27 from the factory. The 2LS has 2.92.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:09 PM   #1006
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO
 
TommyTheCat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Manuals tend to lose about 15% and autos 20%. So, my setup on a manual would make another 40 rwhp.

All the v6 Camros except the 2LS have 3.27 from the factory. The 2LS has 2.92.
and you have a 2LT RS?
__________________
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:13 PM   #1007
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
and you have a 2LT RS?
Yes, but I have 3.45 gears because I put the differential from a manual SS in it.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:26 PM   #1008
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO
 
TommyTheCat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Yes, but I have 3.45 gears because I put the differential from a manual SS in it.
yeah i saw that based on your signature, made me wonder what i had.
at what point would you say it's a good idea to switch to those 3:45s? you think you'll be needing bigger gears soon?
__________________
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:33 PM   #1009
DSX_Camaro

 
DSX_Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 32765
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
yeah i saw that based on your signature, made me wonder what i had.
at what point would you say it's a good idea to switch to those 3:45s? you think you'll be needing bigger gears soon?
Actually he calculated the ideal gear ratio (for the LLT mind you) to be 3.53:1. 3.45 is the closest we have, and if I can math correctly then I think with his current set up he doesn't quite have to shift out of 4th when trapping... 4th tops out around 130? with the stock converter and around 130mph would be low 11 high 10 I think?

More gear is not what our car needs lol. It needs less weight and more power. The transmission is very aggressively geared.
__________________
Mods: VMAX Ported Throttle Body, K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Solo High Flow Cats, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Caliper Conversion, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, Custom 2.5"/3" Magnaflow Exhaust

Next: Wheels / Tires, or boost.

DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #1010
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO
 
TommyTheCat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Actually he calculated the ideal gear ratio (for the LLT mind you) to be 3.53:1. 3.45 is the closest we have, and if I can math correctly then I think with his current set up he doesn't quite have to shift out of 4th when trapping... 4th tops out around 130? with the stock converter and around 130mph would be low 11 high 10 I think?

More gear is not what our car needs lol. It needs less weight and more power. The transmission is very aggressively geared.
i'd say weight is our number 1 performance issue and paint our number 1 cosmetic.

so lets say around 500 HP at the crank, stock differential and manual trans on an LFX should be OK?
__________________
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #1011
DSX_Camaro

 
DSX_Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 32765
Posts: 1,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
i'd say weight is our number 1 performance issue and paint our number 1 cosmetic.

so lets say around 500 HP at the crank, stock differential and manual trans on an LFX should be OK?
Should be golden. Cant_C_Me is running twins on the LLT with the manual and stock everything and he's been fine for over 12k? miles so far.
__________________
Mods: VMAX Ported Throttle Body, K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Solo High Flow Cats, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Caliper Conversion, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, Custom 2.5"/3" Magnaflow Exhaust

Next: Wheels / Tires, or boost.

DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #1012
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6
 
Can't_C_Me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1LT M6 TT/ NEW 2013 Malibu 1LT
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Oxford, GA
Posts: 3,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Should be golden. Cant_C_Me is running twins on the LLT with the manual and stock everything and he's been fine for over 12k? miles so far.
I got my kit installed along with every bolt on (no Porter heads) including suspension over haul when I had 6k on the car. I'm at 47,500 now pushing 501rwhp on stock internals and manual transmission. But I keep the transmission well lubed with synthetic oils, clutch, and diff included. I'm just now feeling the fade of my clutch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
__________________
Can't_C_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #1013
hunterv6
Always bet on Black
 
hunterv6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Concord Nc
Posts: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I got my kit installed along with every bolt on (no Porter heads) including suspension over haul when I had 6k on the car. I'm at 47,500 now pushing 501rwhp on stock internals and manual transmission. But I keep the transmission well lubed with synthetic oils, clutch, and diff included. I'm just now feeling the fade of my clutch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
That goods there @23000 and already on 3rd clutch. I think the Ram may hold up. Will find out tonite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4
__________________
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:33 PM   #1014
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013
 
sycraft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 2,962
the RAM is in? how does it feel....
__________________

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:42 PM   #1015
hunterv6
Always bet on Black
 
hunterv6's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Concord Nc
Posts: 1,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
the RAM is in? how does it feel....
Feels great almost like stock with better holding power i can change gears at 7000 rpm with no slippage what so ever best I ever had with the others I couldn't get over 6000rpm without slippage. will be doing more testing tonite on our private road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4
__________________
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:08 PM   #1016
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013
 
sycraft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 2,962
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
New rods



Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
could you give me the specs on the rods, looking to maybe do something...also the piston numbers you used..
__________________

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #1017
Jason@JacFab



 
Jason@JacFab's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 3,999
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
+1 Any chance Wiseco put a part number to the pistons you got from them? I'd like to pick up a set.

I got a quote from R&R a couple months back, it was $1300 for a set of rods.
__________________

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph SOLD!
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:38 PM   #1018
DSX_Camaro

 
DSX_Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Summit White 2LT/RS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 32765
Posts: 1,176
+2...
__________________
Mods: VMAX Ported Throttle Body, K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Solo High Flow Cats, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Caliper Conversion, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, Custom 2.5"/3" Magnaflow Exhaust

Next: Wheels / Tires, or boost.

DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:17 PM   #1019
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013
 
sycraft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 2,962
Damn, 1300.... I was hoping for the 600-700 range...
__________________

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #1020
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013
 
sycraft's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 2,962
emailer Pauter, will see what they say. Maybe contact Oliver too for rods
__________________

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #1021
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,737
I doubt they did a part number on the rods or pistons, but I am sure they can get the specs from the order numbers. I'll ask Aaron for them. The price will be cheaper if you can order a few sets all at once.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 09:08 PM   #1022
Jason@JacFab



 
Jason@JacFab's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 3,999
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I'm a Wiseco piston dealer, and if you guys are interested I wouldn't mind in trying to put a group buy together. I was planning on sending a couple pistons to them, but if we could get the order info/spec sheet from Derrick that would sure make life easier.
__________________

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph SOLD!
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:54 AM   #1023
GretchenGotGrowl


 
GretchenGotGrowl's Avatar
 
Drives: `12 LFX/`11 EB F-150/`13 Sonic RS
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 5,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I'm a Wiseco piston dealer, and if you guys are interested I wouldn't mind in trying to put a group buy together. I was planning on sending a couple pistons to them, but if we could get the order info/spec sheet from Derrick that would sure make life easier.
Oops, I just sent Aaron an email asking if he wanted to try and do a group by. I guess I should have read the forums first. He probably doesn't care either way, so I'll see if I can't get the order numbers, too.
__________________
EFR Twin Turbo LFX-GPI Tune-ZL1 fuel pump-10:1 CR forged pistons-3.45 gear-Meth Injection-BMR Trailing Arms, Bushings & Sway Bars-CircleD 4000 Stall-GPI Fuel Enrichment System
647 RWHP & 726 RWTQ @18.5 psi on 93 Octane (locked converter)
1/8 mile -- 7.158 @ 102.10 (20psi); old build
Build Thread
GretchenGotGrowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:16 PM   #1024
Jason@JacFab



 
Jason@JacFab's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Point, OR
Posts: 3,999
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Oops, I just sent Aaron an email asking if he wanted to try and do a group by. I guess I should have read the forums first. He probably doesn't care either way, so I'll see if I can't get the order numbers, too.
Either way. I was planning on doing something anyway, more sets typically = cheaper price, like you mentioned. I brought my extra LFX engine home, in my garage so I can spend lots of time with it Building for boost now!
__________________

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph SOLD!
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:34 AM   #1025
TommyTheCat
SLWMARO
 
TommyTheCat's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro
Join Date: May 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
Either way. I was planning on doing something anyway, more sets typically = cheaper price, like you mentioned. I brought my extra LFX engine home, in my garage so I can spend lots of time with it Building for boost now!
Bought the extra engine used or new, and for how much?
__________________
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
holy crap!, twin turbo lfx, v6 fuel system

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.