Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Classic Industries
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #26
ALLTRBO
 
ALLTRBO's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 1SS M6
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 718
I'm equally frustrated about the blue thing (I've wanted a blue like this all along. I've bought two new 5thgens since early 2010, both would have been a color like this if available).
Keep in mind, however, that GM probably has some kind of contract with Mattel that might keep this particular blue (Kinetic Blue Metallic) exclusive to the Hot Wheels edition.

That being said, I don't understand why they won't, and haven't, made one just like this available.

F-bod Father (Sp?) Said in an older thread (I don't have time to look it up right now) that medium blues don't usually sell well, and that's why they don't offer one. From what I gather, GM keeps using ABM as the excuse for the Camaro, saying that not enough people wanted that color to justify the expense of having it. Of course, they didn't even give it a chance in my opinion, but even if they did, a lot of people don't like the AQUA in Aqua Blue Metallic and would rather have BLUE Blue Metallic. (BBM? heh...)

Maybe next year?
ALLTRBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #27
INTENSS
 
INTENSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
I have literally been mind f#$%@d by GM. I just cannot believe they are not releasing this blue for regular production.

I hate to crap on this thread like I have the others, and I apologize to the other members and forum mods, but I just cannot contain my anger and disappointment at GM.
No need to apologize, I feel your frustration. The only blue they have now might as well be black, it's ridiculous. Then when GM shows up with an absolutely beautiful blue that's actually being applied to a Camaro, they say nah, only if you pony up $7000 and get these Hot Wheels logos too. You know, the emblems on the car aren't even the bad part (you can pluck them right off), it's the embroidered seats that kill me...and the $7000 price tag to get it. Have I mentioned I'd prefer to have this color available on the 1LE?
__________________

2002 Camaro SS 35th LE
Hurst, LSS, Hotchkis STB, CAGS, SLP Lid, SLP 85mm MAF, SLP Loud Mouth, Y-Pipe,
LPW Rear Girdle, 338 RWHP 356 RWTQ
1987 Monte Carlo SS
It's not stock!
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #28
INTENSS
 
INTENSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
I'm equally frustrated about the blue thing (I've wanted a blue like this all along. I've bought two new 5thgens since early 2010, both would have been a color like this if available).
Keep in mind, however, that GM probably has some kind of contract with Mattel that might keep this particular blue (Kinetic Blue Metallic) exclusive to the Hot Wheels edition.

That being said, I don't understand why they won't, and haven't, made one just like this available.

F-bod Father (Sp?) Said in an older thread (I don't have time to look it up right now) that medium blues don't usually sell well, and that's why they don't offer one. From what I gather, GM keeps using ABM as the excuse for the Camaro, saying that not enough people wanted that color to justify the expense of having it. Of course, they didn't even give it a chance in my opinion, but even if they did, a lot of people don't like the AQUA in Aqua Blue Metallic and would rather have BLUE Blue Metallic. (BBM? heh...)

Maybe next year?
I too would assume there's an agreement with Mattel to use this color only on the Hot Wheels car, and that's a shame. But I also agree with your second assessment - that the aqua portion of ABM was its downfall. I like ABM from its more "blue angles" but don't at all like the green-ish tint it has from others. Unfortunately, I know what's going to happen...I'm going to order an IOM 1LE here in a couple of months and then a blue will come out next Fall....typical.
__________________

2002 Camaro SS 35th LE
Hurst, LSS, Hotchkis STB, CAGS, SLP Lid, SLP 85mm MAF, SLP Loud Mouth, Y-Pipe,
LPW Rear Girdle, 338 RWHP 356 RWTQ
1987 Monte Carlo SS
It's not stock!
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #29
cawcolo
 
cawcolo's Avatar
 
Drives: Hot Wheels Edition On Order
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 25
Hot Wheels Camaro

This is my first post on this forum, and I'm happy to say I like the new Hot Wheels Edition well enough that I went out and ordered one today. I've been waiting years to pull the trigger and get a Camaro, and today was the day!
cawcolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #30
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawcolo View Post
This is my first post on this forum, and I'm happy to say I like the new Hot Wheels Edition well enough that I went out and ordered one today. I've been waiting years to pull the trigger and get a Camaro, and today was the day!
Congrats and welcome to the site. Your going to have one of the best looking Camaros GM has ever built.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #31
wlvrine
 
wlvrine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawcolo View Post
This is my first post on this forum, and I'm happy to say I like the new Hot Wheels Edition well enough that I went out and ordered one today. I've been waiting years to pull the trigger and get a Camaro, and today was the day!
Congrats! Can we ask what the price will be?
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #32
stratosphere
 
stratosphere's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 Stingray & 2011 Cruze
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: OKC
Posts: 97
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Congrats and welcome to the site. Your going to have one of the best looking Camaros GM has ever built.
damn straight

i hate to say but if i was in the market it would be a no-brainer even with the $7k markup. This car looks stunning in pictures, cant wait to see it in person.
stratosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #33
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 25,788
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratosphere View Post
damn straight

i hate to say but if i was in the market it would be a no-brainer even with the $7k markup. This car looks stunning in pictures, cant wait to see it in person.


Personally, I'm dying to see that metallic strip...what Felix called the "flame lick" across the rear fender!

Congratulations Calcolo!!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Before You Post.
SIGN UP for 2014 Camaro5 HPDE @ Gingerman Raceway!
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #34
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775
 
FINALLYSATISFIED's Avatar
 
Drives: ZL1#206 (Sold) 6th Gen!?
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,415
The next time we see this KB color might be on the Z__. Wouldn't that be something.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #35
cawcolo
 
cawcolo's Avatar
 
Drives: Hot Wheels Edition On Order
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 25
Thanks All! I'll be counting the days until it arrives.

wlvrine - Sticker Window price will be about $47,700 with the way I equipped it.
cawcolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #36
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!
 
Rallysport's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 853
Well, I went to SEMA, and saw this Hotwheels Camaro. Pictures do not do it justice. Period. It is absolutely AWESOME. I have been whining for several years on this forum about a decent Blue Metallic, how Aqua Blue was too green, and why GM wouldn't give us a better choice. Well, here it is. Unfortunately, I don't think I can afford the extra $7000 for the package. I really like it, its really trick looking, but I just don't think I can afford it. That is the part that sucks, frankly. I have been following this new Camaro before the first prototype hit the Detroit show several years ago. I have waited and waited patiently. Now, the color I have waited for is here...and I probably won't be able to get it. Please, GM...I beg you...offer this beautiful color on all the Camaro models.
__________________
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #37
wlvrine
 
wlvrine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawcolo View Post
Thanks All! I'll be counting the days until it arrives.

wlvrine - Sticker Window price will be about $47,700 with the way I equipped it.
Thanks, and congrats! I'm seriously thinking about trading in my 2010, that blue is too awesome! I guess we'll see.
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:23 AM   #38
INTENSS
 
INTENSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Well, I went to SEMA, and saw this Hotwheels Camaro. Pictures do not do it justice. Period. It is absolutely AWESOME. I have been whining for several years on this forum about a decent Blue Metallic, how Aqua Blue was too green, and why GM wouldn't give us a better choice. Well, here it is. Unfortunately, I don't think I can afford the extra $7000 for the package. I really like it, its really trick looking, but I just don't think I can afford it. That is the part that sucks, frankly. I have been following this new Camaro before the first prototype hit the Detroit show several years ago. I have waited and waited patiently. Now, the color I have waited for is here...and I probably won't be able to get it. Please, GM...I beg you...offer this beautiful color on all the Camaro models.
I think there are a number of us who love this color, would actually purchase it, but are turned off by the $7000 price tag to make that happen. It appears the RS package is a part of the $7000 price though, right? I guess that makes the package slightly easier on the wallet, but I'd still prefer to use that money towards a 1LE package and not some Hot Wheels emblems/stitching. Otherwise, the wheels, stripe, and rest of the package look great.
__________________

2002 Camaro SS 35th LE
Hurst, LSS, Hotchkis STB, CAGS, SLP Lid, SLP 85mm MAF, SLP Loud Mouth, Y-Pipe,
LPW Rear Girdle, 338 RWHP 356 RWTQ
1987 Monte Carlo SS
It's not stock!
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #39
Roll_the_Dice

 
Roll_the_Dice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Summit White Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 1,179
I just sent the GM of my dealer an email asking about production #s. I am considering ordering one. Does anyone have a guesstimate or know the production run? I wanted an ABM car when I ordered mine...might have to bite the bullet on this one...can't make up my mind. Hate the premium and not crazy about the hot wheel seats, but we will see.
__________________
Cars Owned:
2010 BMW 328xi LeMans Blue
2012 Camaro 2LT Convertible Summit White M6
2003 Audi A4 Convertible Silver Auto (sold)
1999 Ford F150 (sold)
2008 Porsche 911 Convertible Atlas Gray M6 (sold)
2007 Corvette Lemans Blue M6 (sold)
2004 BMW 645 ci Convertible Black Metallic (sold)
2000 Dodge Dakota sport Navy (sold)
1999 Porsche Boxster Black Metallic M5 (sold)
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena Titanium F1 (sold)
1992 BMW 325i 2 door Alpine white (sold)
1990 Nissan 240SX Burgundy M6 (sold)
1979 Celica Blue M5 (sold)
1974 Mustang II Ghia Green (sold)
Roll_the_Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:56 AM   #40
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roll_the_Dice View Post
I just sent the GM of my dealer an email asking about production #s. I am considering ordering one. Does anyone have a guesstimate or know the production run? I wanted an ABM car when I ordered mine...might have to bite the bullet on this one...can't make up my mind. Hate the premium and not crazy about the hot wheel seats, but we will see.
The production numbers are limited by time. The hotwheels edition will be made from January to June 2013 so it will be however many are ordered during that time.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #41
wlvrine
 
wlvrine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
The production numbers are limited by time. The hotwheels edition will be made from January to June 2013 so it will be however many are ordered during that time.
Am I wrong to think that $7k isn't too much?
i think the ground effects, and 21' wheels alone would get it kind of close to that, No?
Then all the other stuff is nice addition. Or am I just expressing my childhood nastalgia!! :-)
I would remove the side HW emblems, though. But that's just me.
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #42
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
Am I wrong to think that $7k isn't too much?
i think the ground effects, and 21' wheels alone would get it kind of close to that, No?
Then all the other stuff is nice addition. Or am I just expressing my childhood nastalgia!! :-)
I would remove the side HW emblems, though. But that's just me.
I think it's too expensive but I'm not interested in one. If you like it then the price is worth it. It's a great looking package but my gut tells me there is a pretty wide profit margin on this car. I also thought the dusk package was a little pricey when compared with the 1LE package.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #43
Ron66Vette&10SS
Plays with Hot Wheels
 
Ron66Vette&10SS's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 SS Hot Wheels & 66 L79 Corvette
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
Am I wrong to think that $7k isn't too much?
i think the ground effects, and 21' wheels alone would get it kind of close to that, No?
Then all the other stuff is nice addition. Or am I just expressing my childhood nastalgia!! :-)
I would remove the side HW emblems, though. But that's just me.
I thought $7K was pretty steep as well....until I optioned out a 2SS with "regular" (non Hot Wheel edition) options and the cost added up pretty quick: RS Package, 21" wheels, ground effects, stripes, different spoiler, premium paint, painted engine cover.......you're over $10K already and that doesn't even include the interior stiching, decals, different door inserts, different grill, and the uniqueness of the parts.

Still a bit steep, but not totally unreasonable. It would be nice if they at least included some sort of performance options (shifter, dual mode, higher rear gear....something!) for that much though.
__________________
Previous Cars: '78 Z28, '92 Z28, '95 Z28, '85 Corvette, '01 SS, '96 Z28, '04 Z06 Corvette, '10 SS
Current Cars: '13 SS Hot Wheels (daily driver), '04 Trailblazer (rain & snow)'66 Corvette (restoring),

Last edited by Ron66Vette&10SS; 11-05-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Ron66Vette&10SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #44
wlvrine
 
wlvrine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron66Vette&10SS View Post
I thought $7K was pretty steep as well....until I optioned out a 2SS with "regular" (non Hot Wheel edition) options and the cost added up pretty quick: RS Package, 21" wheels, ground effects, stripes, different spoiler, premium paint, painted engine cover.......you're over $10K already and that doesn't even include the interior stiching, decals, different door inserts, different grill, and the uniqueness of the parts.

Still a bit steep, but not totally unreasonable. It would be nice if they at least included some sort of performance options (shifter, dual mode, higher rear gear....something!) for that much though.
Nice to know that info. Some thrown in options would be a good idea! Never hurts to try!
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #45
cawcolo
 
cawcolo's Avatar
 
Drives: Hot Wheels Edition On Order
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 25
Hot Wheels Edition

Yeah, before adding options NOT included in the package, you start at (2SS) $36,135 + $6995 = $43,130. That's not bad.

Then decide if you want an automatic, navigation, illuminated footwells & cupholder, etc. As others have pointed out, the package already includes the RS package, 21" wheels, ground effects & rear spoiler (from the ZL-1 ), Blk engine cover, floor mats, etc. There's only a few things left to even consider adding.

FYI - My dealer called today and said it's not available with the sunroof.
cawcolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #46
wlvrine
 
wlvrine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 334
When did a cup holder become an option??
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:56 AM   #47
INTENSS
 
INTENSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawcolo View Post
Yeah, before adding options NOT included in the package, you start at (2SS) $36,135 + $6995 = $43,130. That's not bad.

Then decide if you want an automatic, navigation, illuminated footwells & cupholder, etc. As others have pointed out, the package already includes the RS package, 21" wheels, ground effects & rear spoiler (from the ZL-1 ), Blk engine cover, floor mats, etc. There's only a few things left to even consider adding.

FYI - My dealer called today and said it's not available with the sunroof.
Starting off at $43,130 is pretty brutal considering what they give you in a 1LE package for HALF the Hot Wheels package price. Dissapointing that you can't get a sunroof with it either.
__________________

2002 Camaro SS 35th LE
Hurst, LSS, Hotchkis STB, CAGS, SLP Lid, SLP 85mm MAF, SLP Loud Mouth, Y-Pipe,
LPW Rear Girdle, 338 RWHP 356 RWTQ
1987 Monte Carlo SS
It's not stock!
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #48
cawcolo
 
cawcolo's Avatar
 
Drives: Hot Wheels Edition On Order
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
When did a cup holder become an option??
I don't know when the illuminated footwells & cupholders became available.
cawcolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #49
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!
 
Rallysport's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by cawcolo View Post
Yeah, before adding options NOT included in the package, you start at (2SS) $36,135 + $6995 = $43,130. That's not bad.

Then decide if you want an automatic, navigation, illuminated footwells & cupholder, etc. As others have pointed out, the package already includes the RS package, 21" wheels, ground effects & rear spoiler (from the ZL-1 ), Blk engine cover, floor mats, etc. There's only a few things left to even consider adding.

FYI - My dealer called today and said it's not available with the sunroof.
Probably not available with the sunroof because of the stripe running over the roof...GM figures that would look awkward with a stripe and sunroof I guess. Makes no dif to me any way, I can't afford the car. Besides, with this election outcome, I'm not spending a dime on anything I don't need from here on out. Good luck, GM. Good luck, USA. It's pretty much over now.
__________________
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #50
INTENSS
 
INTENSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS LE
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
Probably not available with the sunroof because of the stripe running over the roof...GM figures that would look awkward with a stripe and sunroof I guess. Makes no dif to me any way, I can't afford the car. Besides, with this election outcome, I'm not spending a dime on anything I don't need from here on out. Good luck, GM. Good luck, USA. It's pretty much over now.
They could have just deleted the stripe on the roof and add the sunroof. It's not that difficult. I've never been a big fan of a stripe being applied from nose to rear like a paint roller anyhow.
__________________

2002 Camaro SS 35th LE
Hurst, LSS, Hotchkis STB, CAGS, SLP Lid, SLP 85mm MAF, SLP Loud Mouth, Y-Pipe,
LPW Rear Girdle, 338 RWHP 356 RWTQ
1987 Monte Carlo SS
It's not stock!
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.