Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #1
Z51Stingray
Livin' the Dream
 
Z51Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 Z51 Stingray, '13 Malibu 2LT
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hiding In Your Closet...
Posts: 618
Z28 a 5th or 6th Gen?

Regardless of what generation, could definitely be thinking about trading in my truck on one if it's bad enough.
Z51Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
JC6
 
Drives: 2011 GS Vert. Corvette
Join Date: May 2012
Location: So
Posts: 189
Question

Coming 2014...
JC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,652
We will find out Wednesday.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
The_Blur
Jayhawk USN
 
The_Blur's Avatar
 
Drives: 6.2L of AWESOME! 2011 L99 2SS
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NAS Whiting Field
Posts: 14,221
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:48 PM   #5
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,859
...why do you think it's been forever and a day and we haven't had it yet? Bad enough, heck yes...but not in this architecture. Gen 6.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...why do you think it's been forever and a day and we haven't had it yet? Bad enough, heck yes...but not in this architecture. Gen 6.
If the Z/28 doesn't return now, I don't see it coming back at all.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
If the Z/28 doesn't return now, I don't see it coming back at all.
...have you ever seen the new Geico insurance commercial, where Manute Bol runs around and blocks irrevelant everyday ordinary things? He says, not today, not in my house....LOL, it's funny. But, in the words of Fbodfather that we have held to be true, if you are fervent enough, believe, and have faith, it's as sure as God made apples it will be. Keep the faith...and you shall be rewarded.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...have you ever seen the new Geico insurance commercial, where Manute Bol runs around and blocks irrevelant everyday ordinary things? He says, not today, not in my house....LOL, it's funny. But, in the words of Fbodfather that we have held to be true, if you are fervent enough, believe, and have faith, it's as sure as God made apples it will be. Keep the faith...and you shall be rewarded.
Yeah, I've seen that commercial.

I have had faith since I saw the concept. My faith hasn't been rewarded and I don't see it happening. The current GM structure won't allow a true Z/28 to be built.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #9
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Yeah, I've seen that commercial.

I have had faith since I saw the concept. My faith hasn't been rewarded and I don't see it happening. The current GM structure won't allow a true Z/28 to be built.
...agreed, and I as well, that's why I went out on a limb and bought the ZL1, it was a knockout design....cool as H E double hockey sticks, a design for the ages, just in case something changed I didn't like down the road. The Z woulda been here, but not in this Zeta deal we have. Wait till Alpha comes, and yes yee shall be rewarded, trust me on this one.... . Heck, if it's really what I wanted all along, take my ZL1 in on trade, I've said that before. For now I have Camaro overkill, not just kick ass and take names....which the Z/28 will bring to the table, when they are ready.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,144
Sorry ZBrothers, but I'm according to what I've seen losing interest. It's either a C7 or a used ZL1 (in perfect condition with extremely low miles) for me.
2cnd chance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #11
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,859
...well, let's see what tomorrow brings, and there may be the LS7 underneath the tree....
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #12
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 2,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...agreed, and I as well, that's why I went out on a limb and bought the ZL1, it was a knockout design....cool as H E double hockey sticks, a design for the ages, just in case something changed I didn't like down the road. The Z woulda been here, but not in this Zeta deal we have. Wait till Alpha comes, and yes yee shall be rewarded, trust me on this one.... . Heck, if it's really what I wanted all along, take my ZL1 in on trade, I've said that before. For now I have Camaro overkill, not just kick ass and take names....which the Z/28 will bring to the table, when they are ready.
If the Z/28 isn't revived in this generation, it would be a failure of giant proportions. The Z/28 is the most iconic Camaro and there is no reason for it not to be built other than GM preventing it. If the Z/28 isn't revealed tomorrow, I don't believe we will ever see it return.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #13
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,144
I'm actually finding it hard to even care if there's a Z28. That is how disappointed I am with this refresh. Can the car be brought back to a 2013 look?
2cnd chance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #14
Aqua_Blue_SS
 
Aqua_Blue_SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Baytown, TX
Posts: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...have you ever seen the new Geico insurance commercial, where Manute Bol runs around and blocks irrevelant everyday ordinary things? He says, not today, not in my house....LOL, it's funny. But, in the words of Fbodfather that we have held to be true, if you are fervent enough, believe, and have faith, it's as sure as God made apples it will be. Keep the faith...and you shall be rewarded.
Dikembe Mutombo
__________________
Aqua_Blue_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #15
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,859
..please disregard anything previously hypothesized by myself...because....it's alive!!!!! It's alive I say...! Wooooooooohooooooooooooo 2014 Z/28 LS 7 Camaro....hotdiggtydog!!!!!!!!!
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.