|Yesterday, 08:25 AM||#1|
Drives: 2012 SS/RS M6 Convertible
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Metro Detroit
Job Opening - GM Performance Parts Engineer
Pretty cool job opening. Might be some people in the Great Lakes Region Interested.
Performance Accessory – Design Release Engineer Job
Date: Sep 10, 2014
Location: Warren, MI, US
Performance Accessory – Design Release Engineer-ENG0019886
Performance Parts Designing Engineer that will help design, develop and release Performance Accessory Components. They will provide leadership and coordination on complex, specific issues consulting with SMT’s, Vehicle Development and Validation in developing Performance Parts. This assignment requires a total vehicle approach to problem solving and alternatives development. Candidates must have a drive for results and be an action oriented. Assignments may be spread over multiple performance parts initiatives and various vehicles. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and with others utilizing a high level of interpersonal skills. Must be willing to lead a Product Development Team (PDT) and work closely with Marketing, Suppliers, Purchasing, and Vehicle Development.
- Be design and release responsible for Performance Part Accessories
- Complete packaging studies to verify component geometry and interfaces
- Write SORs (Statement of Requirements), work with Purchasing to get production supplier established
- Communicate required actions to Suppliers, Marketing, Design Center, and other Engineering Organizations.
- Leads the development of the validation plan for performance parts
- Stays abreast of new technology and after-market performance accessory trends
- Translates lessons learned into best practices. Uses best practices to guide issue resolution.
- Communicates information to and from internal and external customer organizations
- Coordinates and consults with departments outside engineering such as Marketing.
Required Skills and Experience
- BSE, BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Release engineer experience
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Basic understanding of specifications
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual or difficult
- Oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Engineering experience/background in Chassis and/or Exteriors.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years Engineering experience/background in Chassis and/or Exteriors.
- Working knowledge of control systems and calibration
- Knowledge of GM test procedures and practices
- Knowledge of GM program timing system and VDP deliverables
- DFSS Certification
- Racing experience
Primary Location: US-MI-Warren
Posting Date: Sep 9, 2014, 4:26:14 PM - Ongoing
'12 2SS RS Convertible - No mods yet.