Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection Anything related to keeping your Camaro clean and in good cosmetic condition.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
2qwik2katch

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
bird poop on my car

No matter where I park at work, it seems like this little bird always find my car. I can see his dirty little foot prints on my car and then he leaves me a little surprise. Does anyone know anything I can keep in my trunk to clean off the one spot of bird poop that I find almost every afternoon? It sucks when you just wash your car and its looking so clean and BAM he strikes again. I am thinking of just keeping a car wash solution and water mixture in a bottle and cleaning it with a micro fiber cloth. Thought and ideas???
2qwik2katch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Juiced1
JUICED MOTORSPORTS

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Bug and tar remover. It leaves a nice was like finish as well. They also have a ton waterless car wash options out there in a bottle these days.
Get more Power per Dollar!!!! We carry all the hot new products for your 5th gen! CAI, Roto-Fab, Solo, Corsa, MBRP, ARH, Stainless Works, MRT, SLP, Procharger, Whipple, BMR, Diablosport, Superchips, Street Scene, VFN Fiberglass and much more. Contact us for your Camaro5 discount today!
Call us at 224-63-JUICE - 224-400-5793
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
heRS

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Be real careful wiping that bird crap up - birds eat rocks and grit to digest - and they poop it out! It can scratch "the crap" out of your paint. A bit of your waterless wash, let it soften the poop and lift it off with your microfiber. Do not wipe "around" until you get the clump of poop off, and have daubed off most of the poop residue or you'll end up with scratches from their grit.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Poop is acidic and will eat through the clearcoat almost instantly.
Your idea of a portable car wash to clean it off is fine.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: people crazy.
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
For prevention, you might want to put an owl dummy somewhere near where you park.

I know it seems dumb, but they work:
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2qwik2katch View Post
No matter where I park at work, it seems like this little bird always find my car. I can see his dirty little foot prints on my car and then he leaves me a little surprise. Does anyone know anything I can keep in my trunk to clean off the one spot of bird poop that I find almost every afternoon? It sucks when you just wash your car and its looking so clean and BAM he strikes again. I am thinking of just keeping a car wash solution and water mixture in a bottle and cleaning it with a micro fiber cloth. Thought and ideas???

Well, thats why they sell video cameras and BB guns. The bird that poops gets popped.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
2qwik2katch

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
People are always sending me pictures of the birds our cars attract. Here is one where the bird is trying to decide which one he wants to sit on, and another day where it chooses mine.
Attached Images

2qwik2katch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #8
CamaroDreams07
Black Belt Shinemaster

Drives: Shinier than yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2qwik2katch View Post
People are always sending me pictures of the birds our cars attract. Here is one where the bird is trying to decide which one he wants to sit on, and another day where it chooses mine.
Nice park job

*We have armadillos in our trousers. It's really quite frightening*