Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 10-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #26
PNYSLAR
Summit White 2012 ZL1 M6

Drives: 2010 BLACK 2SS/RS M6 Delvd 8/24/9
I've had mine for months!!! I don't understand this thread saying that they just came out.Anybody have new information on this product vs. the one I bought 4 months ago?
2012 Summit White ZL1 Manual 6sp Blk 10 spoke, "Thanks Champion Chevrolet" delivered 6/9/2012 #1588
PNYSLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #27
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 2012 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
What do you mean an additional air inlet source? Are you talking about a new CAI, or something that compliments the current CAI you just completed?
We are working on a new product that compliment the existing intake.
Jeremiah

Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:41 AM   #28
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
I am interested in the Roto-Fab CAI as i had one on my 2010 camaro but I wanted to check and see if you would ever offer the polished tube for the ZL1 CAI like you do for the other camaros. Thanks Kyle......
We are hoping to have the polished elbow available for custom orders in the next month or so.
Jeremiah

Old 10-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #29
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasZL1 View Post
What was the difference in amibient air temp between the two runs? Engine temp? No offense, but we've seen differences almost that large by just letting the car sit for a while.
You are correct...and that is one of the things that can make dyno #s fluctuate. Variables were kept the same as much as possible on the two runs posted. These were the avg. pulls for the stock and Roto-fab respectively.
The variables you mention do leave room for great variation. We do our best to keep things "real" to be fair to our customers.
FYI, our intake was tested 2nd which was in the afternoon at higher ambient than the stock intake.
Mike

Last edited by Roto-fab 1; 10-31-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #30
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNYSLAR View Post
I've had mine for months!!! I don't understand this thread saying that they just came out.Anybody have new information on this product vs. the one I bought 4 months ago?
We do have a few intakes out there which was made possible by one of our dealers working with us on fit-up. Once we were able to acquire our own car, we basically started over.
While maintaining the basic design as yours, we revamped the air box, created new tooling for the MAF housing as well as the inlet elbow. The new MAF housing is the result of testing over 25 variations. This is where designing, machining and molding our plastic products in-house was a huge advantage for us. This housing was "tuned" to the stock calibration of the ZL1.
The inlet elbow is molded to fit the application and has the breather fitting molded in a position allowing us tie into the stock breather configuration. We are currently debating on whether or not we will offer the stainless steel polished elbow such as yours. They are expensive and difficult to fabricate due to the entry/exit locations. We've had several requests for the polished version already, so we are leaning towards a special order only. It's doubtful you will see it available on our site. The good news is if you ever decide to switch to our plastic tube, you shouldn't have any problems getting rid of your polished tube!
Mike

Last edited by Roto-fab 1; 10-31-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 10-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #31
Jason@JacFab
Mad Scientist

Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Looks amazing! Nice gains as well!

Specializing in attractive "no drill" front license plate brackets for the 2010+ Camaro Check out our new website! www.jacfab.com
2010 Camaro 1SS RJT w/ SIM Stripes; M6. 12.535 @ 112.33mph SOLD!
2014 Camaro 1LT RRM; A6.JacFab No-Drill front license plate bracket... More to come...
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:36 PM   #32
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
I wonder what makes this CAI so special that it doesn't throw the MAF scaling waaay off.
still no answer?
#917 A6. 10.67@126.2 1.53 60' ADM race CAI, ATI/Lingenfelter balancer (10" ring), 90mm TB, ID850s,Rotofab/Lingenfelter intercooler reservoir, Cooler Logic HX, Texas Speed 1 7/8" headers(no cats). M&H drag radials 325/45-17 & M&H 28x4.5" bias skinnies. Tuning by Frost at Performance Autosport in Richmond, VA (804) 358-2505
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:38 PM   #33
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
still no answer?
Maybe they do not want to give away thier secret. They did state, however, that they tuned the MAF to match stock specs.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #34
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
We have recieved the dyno #s for our no tune ZL1 intake system and are very pleased with the results!! We are now working on an additional air inlet source to help your Z breathe even easier!!

Quick question. Was the hood up or down for both the stock and CAI pulls?

25 RWHP looks really good nice with no tune.

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:18 PM   #35
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
Quick question. Was the hood up or down for both the stock and CAI pulls?

25 RWHP looks really good nice with no tune.
Hood closed. We did, however, do a pull with the hood open and made 514hp. We wanted an indication on how our new air inlet product will perform.
Jeremiah

Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #36
Roto-fab 1

Posted by rpepka...
The thread is closed?

Any time line on the enhancements to the system?

I'm still not sure why this thread was temporarily closed. Anyway, we are striving to have some pics and a good description up for you by the first part of next week. This project has been a lot of fun and we are excited and anxious to share it with all of you!

Old 11-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #37
DRKS1D3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible LS3
Quote:
Posted by rpepka...
The thread is closed?

Any time line on the enhancements to the system?

I'm still not sure why this thread was temporarily closed. Anyway, we are striving to have some pics and a good description up for you by the first part of next week. This project has been a lot of fun and we are excited and anxious to share it with all of you!
Excellent!
MY RIDE: 2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE (LS3)--K&N TYPHOON INTAKE, FLOWMASTER FORCE II EXHAUST, HYPERTECH MAX ENERGY 93 OCTANE TUNE, HOTCHKIS SUSPENSION, BLACKED OUT BOWTIES, GLOSS BLACK 20x9 STYLE 41 WHEELS

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #38
Roto-fab 1

Can someone please explain to me why a "no-tune" intake is desireable on a Camaro ZL1? I thought the logic was that if you greatly increased air intake (by adding an aftermarket CAI), then you had to upload a program that increased fuel appropriately across the rev range in order to avoid running too lean and causing detonation. And any CAI which does not require a re-tune would not increase airflow enough to risk running lean would not increase airflow enough to increase horsepower very much. Is the LSA engine immune to this logic? Does the onboard computer sense the increased airflow and automatically compensate for it by adding fuel? If not, it seems to me that knock sensors would cause activation of the "limp home" mode

Good question. First, it really isn't our intention to label this intake as a "No tune" intake and we probably should not have labeled the thread as such. More accurately, it is an intake which doesn't require a tune. This means you can drop it in your car and realize a gain without setting a code or modifying your car's engine management system. This is possible because the car will adjust (to a point) to the additional air flow without any issues. In other words, our system allows for increases in power while staying within the limits of the engine management system. We have a unique intake design and MAF sensor configuration which accurately reports air flow across the RPM range. That sounds simple, but it has been the "hurdle" for most of us with the ZL1! There are several benefits to this system for ZL1 owners-

No modifications required to the car for installation of this intake

No tuning required

Excellent air intake for those who choose power additives and/or tune later

Much more aggressive sound

Great appearance

Although our intake doesn't require a tune, it does have all of the features you want when you decide to introduce more power additives. Our SS systems have been very popular with the S/C crowd due to our large filter size, air box volume, heat isolation and inlet duct size and design. This intake has the same qualities along with an even larger MAF housing ID. You will find another thread in the ZL1 section displaying a 700+ RWHP ZL1 using this exact intake.

For some, an air intake may be their only mod, for others it's simply part of a long list. This is a great intake system for either!
Mike

Last edited by Roto-fab 1; 11-02-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #39
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Can someone please explain to me why a "no-tune" intake is desireable on a Camaro ZL1? I thought the logic was that if you greatly increased air intake (by adding an aftermarket CAI), then you had to upload a program that increased fuel appropriately across the rev range in order to avoid running too lean and causing detonation. And any CAI which does not require a re-tune would not increase airflow enough to risk running lean would not increase airflow enough to increase horsepower very much. Is the LSA engine immune to this logic? Does the onboard computer sense the increased airflow and automatically compensate for it by adding fuel? If not, it seems to me that knock sensors would cause activation of the "limp home" mode

Good question. First, it really isn't our intention to label this intake as a "No tune" intake and we probably should not have labeled the thread as such. More accurately, it is an intake which doesn't require a tune. This means you can drop it in your car and realize a gain without setting a code or modifying your car's engine management system. This is possible because the car will adjust (to a point) to the additional air flow without any issues. In other words, our system allows for increases in power while staying within the limits of the engine management system. We have a unique intake design and MAF sensor configuration which accurately reports air flow across the RPM range. That sounds simple, but it has been the "hurdle" for most of us with the ZL1! There are several benefits to this system for ZL1 owners-

No modifications required to the car for installation of this intake

No tuning required

Excellent air intake for those who choose power additives and/or tune later

Much more aggressive sound

Great appearance

Although our intake doesn't require a tune, it does have all of the features you want when you decide to introduce more power additives. Our SS systems have been very popular with the S/C crowd due to our large filter size, air box volume, heat isolation and inlet duct size and design. This intake has the same qualities along with an even larger MAF housing ID. You will find another thread in the ZL1 section displaying a 700+ RWHP ZL1 using this exact intake.

For some, an air intake may be their only mod, for others it's simply part of a long list. This is a great intake system for either!

What a great explanation. Ordered mine earlier this week will be here on Monday, cant wait. Thanks for all your hard work in designing this intake. Should be a great choice as a stand alone modification, or a complimentary mod.

Last edited by 69NMYSS; 11-02-2012 at 12:40 PM.
69NMYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #40
2012 ZL1#1658

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #1658
Quote:
[I]

This is me. Just this and an oil catch can.
2012 ZL1#1658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #41
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012 ZL1#1658 View Post
This is me. Just this and an oil catch can.

tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:34 PM   #42
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
What is the possibility of a group order?

I would like the CAI and the Strut bar done in CF.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:10 PM   #43
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
The ZL1 intake system itself is finished. We are now working on an additional air inlet source which we hope to have finished and tested in the next couple of weeks.
Jeremiah

Ok Im a believer let me know when this is completed and I'll place my order. And this time I'll be more patient
Old 11-02-2012, 03:01 PM   #44
rpepka

Drives: 2013 ZL1 # 2195
Looking to place order, looked on website and it says 2012.

I am assuming that it fits the 2013 as well?
rpepka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #45
Roto-fab 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpepka View Post
Looking to place order, looked on website and it says 2012.

I am assuming that it fits the 2013 as well?
Correct. A 2013 was used to produce the dyno #s on this thread.
Jeremiah

Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 PM   #46
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MtnGoat View Post
I thought Jannetty Racing said that the combo of CAI and pulley would require a tune.
Actually What I said was currently available CAIs need tuning, Things change daily just like in this case.

One or the other does not need a tune, together will be tested next week when I get back from SEMA.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #47
The_Raging_Bull
Raging Bull Reborn

Drives: '11_2SSRS_SW '09 Z-06 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
and either an ARE stage 3 dry sump or an AVIAID LS-D stage 5 dry sump...
The_Raging_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #48
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Actually What I said was currently available CAIs need tuning, Things change daily just like in this case.

One or the other does not need a tune, together will be tested next week when I get back from SEMA.

Ted.
Can't wait to see the results. Also if Ted backs up the Roto-Fab CAI produces the numbers posted above on a stock ZL1 it could be a great mod for those wanting to keep their warranties intact.

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:07 PM   #49
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
Can't wait to see the results. Also if Ted backs up the Roto-Fab CAI produces the numbers posted above on a stock ZL1 it could be a great mod for those wanting to keep their warranties intact.
If all goes as Planned tomorrow is the Big Day.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #50
DangerZL1

Drives: Accord