Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Fabberge
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Camaro 1LE Forum Camaro 1LE Package releated discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #1
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!
 
Lio Martinez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxnard. CA
Posts: 1,489
1LE brakes upgrade... help needed

Ok so I gave up that idea of the ZL1 and sticking to my 1LE TPW 11/12 but I wanna upgrade the brakes with a wilwood brake kit... which ofcourse fits the SS.... The only thing they asked me is if the brakes for the 1LE are the same as the 2012 SS which I know the brakes meaning rotors, lines and calipers are the same as the SS except painted red....

My concern here is did anything at all change from the SS to the 1LE that will be slightly different in brakes .... Like the spindle ? That's what they asked me at wilwood ? Anyone know anything ? By tye way Thanks for the help
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #2
tramtwo


 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,514
Don't know... I did here that "something" was different... minor but I can't find that info now... but it looks like GM will be offing the ZL1 brakes as a conversion.

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!
 
Lio Martinez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxnard. CA
Posts: 1,489
Where did u hear that they were gonna offer the Camaro ZL1 brakes SS a conversion ?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
newb

 
newb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: hawaii
Posts: 1,078
It's on the sign in the pic. With part numbers. I wonder if they are available yet to order or at least price...


Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
__________________
Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
newb

 
newb's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: hawaii
Posts: 1,078
Or read here

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258441


Sent from a rainbow while riding a unicorn
__________________
Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #6
nak3dsnake


 
nak3dsnake's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Ok so I gave up that idea of the ZL1 and sticking to my 1LE TPW 11/12 but I wanna upgrade the brakes with a wilwood brake kit... which ofcourse fits the SS.... The only thing they asked me is if the brakes for the 1LE are the same as the 2012 SS which I know the brakes meaning rotors, lines and calipers are the same as the SS except painted red....

My concern here is did anything at all change from the SS to the 1LE that will be slightly different in brakes .... Like the spindle ? That's what they asked me at wilwood ? Anyone know anything ? By tye way Thanks for the help
No, nothing has changed. The only difference is the calipers are red.
__________________
Looks: AAC P13W DRLs, Heritage Grille, RS Embroidered Headrests, GM Door Sill Plates, GM Premium Floor Mats, Body Color Engine Cover, LLT Mobile 1 Oil Cap, ZL1 Sport Pedals, 3M Clear Bra.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!
 
Lio Martinez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxnard. CA
Posts: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
No, nothing has changed. The only difference is the calipers are red.
Same thing i was thinkin Thanks bro
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #8
PartsTaxi.com
 
PartsTaxi.com's Avatar
 
Drives: Parts Taxi
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lewes DE
Posts: 268
They are selling a complete ZL1 upgrade package, but it isn't available until January 2013. It's listed in the 2013 GM Performance Parts Catalog. I have the list of part numbers included, and can price them out for you guys if you want, but I'm willing to bet will be MUCH cheaper to wait for the kit.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
PartsTaxi.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #9
right to travel

 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newport RI
Posts: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartsTaxi.com View Post
They are selling a complete ZL1 upgrade package, but it isn't available until January 2013. It's listed in the 2013 GM Performance Parts Catalog. I have the list of part numbers included, and can price them out for you guys if you want, but I'm willing to bet will be MUCH cheaper to wait for the kit.
Thanks
Kevin
www.PartsTaxi.com
how do you think the price will compare to the cts v kit??? ive seen that kit as high as 1700 down to 800. Zl1 kit is more due to different rotors. Do you think the zl1 kit will drop in JAN
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
tramtwo


 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Ok so I gave up that idea of the ZL1 and sticking to my 1LE TPW 11/12 but I wanna upgrade the brakes with a wilwood brake kit... which ofcourse fits the SS.... The only thing they asked me is if the brakes for the 1LE are the same as the 2012 SS which I know the brakes meaning rotors, lines and calipers are the same as the SS except painted red....

My concern here is did anything at all change from the SS to the 1LE that will be slightly different in brakes .... Like the spindle ? That's what they asked me at wilwood ? Anyone know anything ? By tye way Thanks for the help
This is what I was trying to remember... about the brakes being different than the SS

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...8&postcount=53
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:36 PM   #11
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 3,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
how do you think the price will compare to the cts v kit??? ive seen that kit as high as 1700 down to 800. Zl1 kit is more due to different rotors. Do you think the zl1 kit will drop in JAN
Please share where you found it for 800, I kind of doubt it. 1400-1900 is what I've seen but they don't include the same things.

The ZL1 kit will be a lot more, no idea why each caliper is 800. Plus it comes with OEM pads and lines which I wouldn't want anyways.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:09 PM   #12
right to travel

 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newport RI
Posts: 824
not hard to find ctsv kit for less than 1000 you may have to piece it together in some cases though. google it and look in places where the "camaro tax" doesnt apply (g8 corvette soltice forums amazon) i think some one here said something about the kits being cheap last night and i though he was full of shyt so i went searching. alot of things are cheaper if you willing to do some basic searching
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 3,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
not hard to find ctsv kit for less than 1000 you may have to piece it together in some cases though. google it and look in places where the "camaro tax" doesnt apply (g8 corvette soltice forums amazon) i think some one here said something about the kits being cheap last night and i though he was full of shyt so i went searching. alot of things are cheaper if you willing to do some basic searching
I have all the part numbers and haven't found a way of getting under 1k so please share with the group.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #14
right to travel

 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newport RI
Posts: 824
for the ctsv kit or zl1 kit
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #15
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 3,252
ctsv but if you can get sub 1k for the ZL1 too then by all means...
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #16
speedmon
 
Drives: C6 Z06
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orange, CA
Posts: 555
Go with the Wilwood kit.....by the time you buy everything (including changing the BS silver color) for the CTS-V kit you're gonna be pretty close in cost but nowhere close in quality. At the end of the day...the CTS-V kit is a "passenger car" caliper and rotor.....and the Wilwood components are "race spec". Forged caliper with SS pistons.

You would have to compare "off the shelf" prices....not hodgepodge, hunt it down peice by peice....which is even more if you account for your time.

Paces CTS-V kit = $1400+pads+color change=$1950.
Wilwoods W6A kit = $1900 shipped from C5 vendor. You can get a better price cuz you live in Oxnard...which is only 1 hour from Camarillo where Wilwoods are born.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #17
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!
 
Lio Martinez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxnard. CA
Posts: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmon View Post
Go with the Wilwood kit.....by the time you buy everything (including changing the BS silver color) for the CTS-V kit you're gonna be pretty close in cost but nowhere close in quality. At the end of the day...the CTS-V kit is a "passenger car" caliper and rotor.....and the Wilwood components are "race spec". Forged caliper with SS pistons.

You would have to compare "off the shelf" prices....not hodgepodge, hunt it down peice by peice....which is even more if you account for your time.

Paces CTS-V kit = $1400+pads+color change=$1950.
Wilwoods W6A kit = $1900 shipped from C5 vendor. You can get a better price cuz you live in Oxnard...which is only 1 hour from Camarillo where Wilwoods are born.

What do u mean by Wilwood W6A kit $1900? And by shipped from.a C5 vendor ? Do u mean that for$1900 I can get the wilwood brake kit ? Front and rear ? Who is this C5 vendor ?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #18
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 3,252
Which would still leave you with different brand discolored calipers and probably no lines or pads. And you can find the parts for much less than 1400. Thats the whole point of the conversation.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #19
right to travel

 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newport RI
Posts: 824
this will get you started on amazon but you will have to get the rest by doing more searches which amazon kinda does for you.
ctsv calipers http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-172-25...sim_sbs_auto_8
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #20
Synner


 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Join Date: May 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 3,252
Yellow! Who knew, that was my issue. Only had silver # thanks.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:38 PM   #21
right to travel

 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newport RI
Posts: 824
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:39 PM   #22
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!
 
Lio Martinez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxnard. CA
Posts: 1,489
Thanks for the tips Guys... But does anyone know if anybody here at the site sells wilwood brakes ?
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #23
right to travel

 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newport RI
Posts: 824
google is your frenemy
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #24
tramtwo


 
Drives: 2013 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: N'Awlinz
Posts: 6,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lio Martinez View Post
Thanks for the tips Guys... But does anyone know if anybody here at the site sells wilwood brakes ?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/ad_thesponsors.php
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:01 PM   #25
Lio Martinez
SoCal HT5!!!!
 
Lio Martinez's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE IMO Turbo
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oxnard. CA
Posts: 1,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
I checked the link but I coulnt find wilwood
Lio Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.